Quizmasters Lee and Marc are joined by fact-freak Moxie LaBouche to hear about her new book Your Brain On Facts, based on the podcast of the same name. The trio ask, suss, and answer each other’s trivia questions with topics including World Records, History, Movies, Literature, Anatomy, Horse Racing, Animals, Weird Laws, Pro-Wrestling and more!
- WORLD RECORDS - What is the world’s largest office building?
- U.S. HISTORY - Which U.S. state was the first to recognize Juneteenth as a holiday?
- MOVIES - The instant cinema classic Who Framed Roger Rabbit, starring the late Bob Hoskins, features a wide array of cartoon characters from multiple copyright holders, like Disney, Warner Brothers, King Features, MGM, Paramount and more, but what studio actually made Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
- POP CULTURE - What televangelist was defrocked for a sex scandal involving a prostitue in the late 80’s and was caught again in 1991 after hich he told believers “the lord told me it’s flat and none of your business.”
- LITERATURE - Who holds the Guinness world record for longest career as a comics artist, and who recently announced their retirement at the age of 99?
- MEDICAL HISTORY - In 1898, a german doctor, hit, stabbed, hammered and even burned his assistant to successfully test what now illegal substance as an anesthetic?
- “How do you deal with music rights while streaming on Twitch?” - submitted by Nathan
- MOVIES - What british film director made 40 cameo appearances between 1927 and 1976 in his own movies?
- ANATOMY - The terms callipygian and stiatigeon refer to the size and shape of what body part?
- HORSE RACING - What mononymous horse famously won the triple crown 2 years ago?
- WORLD HISTORY - Babylonian King Nebudchanezzar II, The Greek poet Theocritus, Roman emperor Tiberius, French Film Director Alain Resnais, are all associated with what type of space, which was popular in London during the 18th and 19th century?
- ANIMALS - What mammal was classified as a fish for a time by the Catholic Church so that they could be eaten during lent?
- WEIRD LAWS - Which southern U.S. state’s law, Title 13A of its criminal code, chapter 12, states in part “any person who engages in shooting, hunting, gaming, card-playing or racing on Sunday is covered under offenses against public health and morals?”
Rate My Question
- CURRENT EVENTS - “In episode 30, Marc had the following question: Alabama, Alaska, Hawaii, Mississippi, Utah and Wyoming are all states that don't participate in what? Well, since then, the answer has changed, because in the second half of 2019, one of those states implemented a state lottery. Do you know which one?” - submitted by Alex Patton
- VIDEO GAMES - “Released in 1985, Dragon Buster, was the first video game to feature what now common game mechanic?” - submitted by Dylan
- POP CULTURE - Who is the namesake of the California law that protects a child actor’s earnings from their parents?
- FAMOUS BIRTHDAYS - Abraham Lincoln was born on February 12,1809; what other prominent person and theorist was born on the same exact day?
- PRO-WRESTLING - Most active from the 1990’s to the early 2010’s, What professional wrestler was billed the “ninth wonder of the World?”
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- June 18th, 2020 - Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge - Live on Twitch 7pm - 9pm EDT
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Dylan, Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat's Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Gil, David, Rachael, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Logan, Spencer, Kaitlynn, Manu, Mo, Matthew, Nicole, Luc, Hank, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Shaun, Lucas and Max
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Tiffany, Allison, Paige, We Do Stuff, Mike S. ,Kenya, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you'd like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click "Support."
- Know Nonsense Trivia Podcast — Join us on our Facebook group!
- knownonsensetrivia - Twitch — Play Know Nonsense Trivia on Thursdays at 7pm EST!
- Your Brain On Facts | Your weekly podcast of things you never knew you never knew — Moxie's Podcast! "Your Brain on Facts is a half-hour podcast of things you didn’t know, things you thought you knew, and things you never knew you never knew, covering topics as diverse as science-fiction, funerals, food origins, heroic animals, and the strategic butter reserve."
- Your Brain on Facts: Things You Didn't Know, Things You Thought You Knew, and Things You Never Knew You Never Knew (Trivia, Quizzes, Fun Facts): LaBouche, Moxie, Prokop, Emily: 9781642502534: Amazon.com: Books — Order the Your Brain On Facts book!
- You're Wrong About | Listen via Stitcher for Podcasts — A Podcast recommended by Moxie.
- Moxie LaBouche | Podchaser — Links to Moxie's appearances on other podcasts
- ‘Thrones'-themed burlesque finale - Baltimore Sun — A story about Moxie's production of an officially-licensed Game of Thrones Burlesque show
- incompetech – Music and also Graph Paper — Moxie's recommendation for royalty free music for streaming.
- Tabletop Audio - Ambiences and Music for Tabletop Role Playing Games — Another of Moxie's recommendations for royalty-free music.
- Tommy Tiernan - The Drug And Steroid Olympics - YouTube — A stand-up special recommended by Moxie
- VTech Socrates - Wikipedia — Lee thought this educational system was a Nintendo game.
- Coolio at memorial clip - YouTube — An event mentioned during Lee's last question