Quizmasters Lee and Marc celebrate two years of the Know Nonsense Trivia Podcast with a one-on-one quiz, featuring topics such as World History, Comics, Musicians, U.S. History, Famous Families, Mythical Creatures, Literature, Television, Wine, Movies, Scientists, Memes, Extreme Sports, Celebrities, Superstitions, Vocabulary, Part-time Musicians, State Capitals and more!
- WORLD HISTORY - What royal subject married Amen Hotep IV?
- COMICS - What comic strip features a family dog named Barfy?
- MUSICIANS - What instrument was Benny Goodman known for playing?
- U.S. HISTORY - Which U.S. President used a reworked version of Frank Sinatra’s song “High Hopes” for their campaign?
- FAMOUS FAMILIES - Which second-generation Hollywood actor appears in The Frighteners (1996), Starship Troopers (1997), The Predator (2018), and recently as “Bruce Lowe”, a sexist journalist for The Hawkins Post in the third season of Stranger Things (2019)?
- MYTHICAL CREATURES - The basilisk and the cockatrice are both chimeras made up of what two animals?
- LITERATURE - What award is given to the best short and long science fiction, fantasy, or horror poem of the year and shares its name with a crater located on Earth’s Moon?
- TELEVISION - In what sitcom, which aired from 1984 to 1992, would you find the actors Richard Moll, Marsha Warfield and Charles Robinson?
- WINE - Thanks to cold winter temperatures, Canada is the world’s largest producer of what kind of sweet wine?
- MOVIES - The short story “The Greatest Gift” became what movie (that was selected for inclusion in the National Film Registry in 1990?)
- “Cocaine is still used today in medicine.” - Lara
- Mike C. asked a version of the “liquid element” RMQ from 103 in Episode 86: The Half-Right-a-Thon.
- SCIENTISTS -What English philosopher, born in 1588, is known for writing the book “leviathan” and is considered by some to be the patriarch of artificial intelligence?
- MEMES - At an afterparty at the 2010 Webby Awards, tech bro Naveen Selvadurai was photographed presenting what beverage, a meme at the time, to NASA Astronaut Buzz Aldrin?
- EXTREME SPORTS - What extreme sport, named after an acronym, is statistically the most dangerous?
- CELEBRITIES - What comedian, known for the transpositional pun, is a trained painter as well as a certified expert on the subject of comedy in personal relationships, producing a dissertation on the Law of Laughter (LOL) to earn a doctorate degree from Pepperdine University in 2019?
- SUPERSTITIONS - Greeks consider Tuesday to be an unlucky day due in part to the falling of what other city?
- VOCABULARY - What Yiddish word is used in card games to play a high-scoring card to a trick in the hope that your partner will win it?
Rate My Question
- PSYCHOLOGY - What phenomenon, according to psychologists, consists of 7 total phases, which include: aura, capture, trolling, depression, wooing, and totem?
- CELEBRITY RELIGIONS - Ja Rule, Biggie Smalls, Xzibit, Donald Glover, Patti Smith and Dwight D Eisenhower all practised what religious denomination at some point in their lives?
- PART-TIME MUSICIANS - Pepper Martin, Ripper Collins, Bill McGee, Bob Weiland and Frenchy Brodgaray (who played a “contraption that included a washboard, a car horn, a whistle, and an electric light) were all members of the Marvelous Musical Mississippi Mudcats as well as what championship winning sports team (that itself was known as the Gashouse Gang)?
- STATE CAPITALS - Which U.S. capital city in the deep south region of the U.S. was originally called Lafleur’s Bluff?
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- July 2th, 2020 - Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge - Live on Twitch 7pm - 9pm EDT
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
- Know Nonsense Trivia Podcast — Join us on our Facebook group!
- knownonsensetrivia - Twitch — Play Know Nonsense Trivia on Thursdays at 8pm EST!
- Tommy Westphall - Wikipedia — A unifying theory of Saint Elsewhere and related shows.
- Georgia: Add Outkast to Stone Mountain! | MoveOn — Lee signed this petition to add Outkast to Stone Mountain. #stankmountain