Quizmasters Lee and Marc give a “State of the Trivia” update in the midst of the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic. The duo also offer advice for budding quizmasters on preparing to enter the industry upon reopening and give each other a full quiz. This episode’s quiz topics include Actors, Card Games, Poetry, Technology, Animals, Also Known As…, Famous Clowns, Fruit, Kinds of Death, Science Terms, Mixed Drinks, Capital Cities, Vocabulary, Famous TV Presenters and more!
- ACTORS - What actor starred in such television shows as Caesar's Hour, Your Show of Shows, and The Dick Van Dyke Show?
- CARD GAMES - Besides Wild and Wild Draw Four, what other card only appears four times in a standard 108-card deck of Uno?
- POETRY - How many lines are there in most sonnets (including 151 out of 154 of Shakespeare’s)?
- TECHNOLOGY - Computer programmer Tim Paterson is best known as the initial developer of which prolific computer operating system?
- ANIMALS - What animal is alternately referred to as the Glutton, the Skunkbear and the QuickHatch?
- ALSO KNOWN AS… - What five-time grammy award winning trio was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame their first year eligible (2015) and has two members who perform under professional pseudonyms in the group?
Episode 103 - The Slam Dunk was never illegal in the NBA (but frowned upon.) It was banned in the NCAA from 1967 to 1976. Lee overlooked Tina Fey during his suss about the Emmy record that was captured by Julia Louis Dreyfus for Veep. Roseanne won a single Emmy for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series in 1993 (though nominated several times.) Tina Fey won the same award in 2008 for 30 Rock (and was also nominated several times). Marc, referred to Degeneration-X as a single wrestler; they were a stable of wrestlers. Allison calls in to educate us on DSM-V’s categorical difference between Schizophrenia (Psychotic) and Dissociative Identity Disorder (Personality), and to inform us that Seventh Day Advensists are closer to southern Baptists than the Church of Latter Day Saints.
Episode 104 - Jerry Van Dyke was on Coach, not Jerry Lewis. The Maltese Falcon was directed by John Huston (not Frank Capra). Olympus Mons is on Mars, not the moon. Biggie Smalls died when he was just 24 (not in his 30’s).
- FAMOUS CLOWNS - What famous clown with a rhyming name served as an emcee at all three major Woodstock Festivals and is the subject of the 2010 documentary film “Saint Misbehavin’?”
- FRUIT - What country leads the world in Strawberry production with 40% of the world’s strawberries grown there?
- KINDS OF DEATH - Greek painter Zeuxis, King Martin of Aragon, and stoic philosopher Chrysippus all met their fate in what way?
- SCIENCE TERMS - What term describes a property of metals that indicates their ability to withstand heat in chemistry, but is also used in physics to describe a process exhibited in Microscopes, Mirages, and Tsunamis?
- MIXED DRINKS - Named after a type of coat often worn by British Admiral Edward Vernon, a mix of rum and water is called what?
- CAPITAL CITIES - What capital city is located on the banks of the Spree River?
Rate My Question
- “What is the collective noun for a group of mechanics coined by Click and Clack the Tappet brothers from the NPR show Car Talk?” – Zachary from Oregon
- VOCABULARY - What is dendrochronology?
- FAMOUS TELEVISION PRESENTERS - From 2017 to 2019, Sandi Toksvig served as co-presenter on a BAFTA award winning television competition show alongside which surreal British comedian?
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- July 9th, 2020 - Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge - Live on Twitch 7pm - 9pm EDT
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Dylan, Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat's Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Gil, David, Rachael, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Logan, Spencer, Kaitlynn, Manu, Mo, Matthew, Nicole, Luc, Hank, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Shaun, Lucas and Max
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Tiffany, Allison, Paige, We Do Stuff, Mike S. ,Kenya, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you'd like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click "Support."
- Know Nonsense Trivia Podcast — Join us on our Facebook group!
- knownonsensetrivia - Twitch — Play Know Nonsense Trivia on Thursdays at 8pm EST!
- Why Avocados Attract Interest Of Mexican Drug Cartels | Here & Now
- Weekly Nice Guy's Virtual Trivia — Nice Guys Pizza trivia with Marc!