Quizmasters Lee and Marc get together to ask, suss and answer a general knowledge quiz with topics including Anatomy, Music, Television, Fashion, Pseudonyms, Sciences, Sports, Broadway Revivals, Business, Classical Music, Movies, Famous Quotes, Cartoons, U.S. History, Celebrity Business Ventures and more!
- ANATOMY - The little bumps that can be found around areola are also known by what name?
- MUSIC - What jazz, R&B, and Soul singer, known as the acrobat of scat, won seven Grammy’s in his lifetime and is also known for singing the theme song to the TV series Moonlighting?
- TELEVISION - What 90’s kid’s TV show featured head puppet characters such as Baby Jeffrey, Big Pops, Cocktail Frank and Mayor Dottie and guest appearances by network favorites Phil Moore, Moira Quirk and Marc Summers?
- FASHION - Born Carl Anderson Jr., what fashion designer redesigned his mother’s wedding dress at five years old?
- PSEUDONYMS - Silence Dogood, Celia Single, Alice Addertongue, Martha Careful, Margaret Aftercast and Busy Body are all pseudonyms of what American historical figure used when writing about women's topics?
- SCIENCE - In 1830 when Christian Friedrich Schönbein noticed a pungent odor that was similar to the smell that often followed a bolt of lightning and was able to isolate the gaseous chemical, what did he name it?
- SPORTS - What legendary athlete was known to dunk regularly in high school basketball games, turned down offers from the Yankees, Indians, Reds, Pirates, and Phillies but is better known for guaranteeing and later satisfying his own team's victory at Super Bowl III?
- Monte Cristo is off the coast of Italy, not in the Carribean.
- Dr. Pepper is owned by the "Dr Pepper Snapple Group", which in turn is owned by the company "Keurig Dr Pepper." - submitted by Andrew
- BROADWAY REVIVALS - What 2009 Broadway musical revival featured the songs "Un Hombre Asi" and "Me Siento Hermosa," with Stephen Sondheim’s original lyrics translated from English to Spanish by Hamilton creator Lin-Manuel Miranda?
- BUSINESS - Originally started as Blue Ribbon Sports in 1964, what company later settled on a new name after their partnership with Japanese company Onitsuka ended?
- CLASSICAL MUSIC - Spanish composer Maurice Ravel’s best-known work “Boléro” begins with what woodwind instrument playing it’s iconic melody?
- MOVIES - What 2015 comedy slasher film starred Malin Akerman, Adama Devine, Thomas Middleditch, Alia Shawkat and Taissa Farmiga, a modern-day scream queen?
- FAMOUS QUOTES - “Why should all life be work, when we all can borrow? Let's think only of today, and not worry about tomorrow,” is a quote by what Jazz Age author, painter, socialite and diagnosed schizophrenic who died in a 1948 hospital fire while awaiting electroshock therapy?
- CARTOONS - Ephram Partible created what cartoon based off his Loyola Marymount University senior thesis project “Mess O’ Blues”?
Rate My Question
- Alfred Hitchcock's 1960 film, "Psycho", shows Marion Crane sign in on the Bates Motel guest book as her alias, Marie Samuels. The last person to sign in before her, whose signature is clearly legible in the scene, shares a name with one of comedy tv's most iconic lead characters of an ensemble cast, on a series which ran from 2005-2013, and won an Emmy for best comedy show in 2006. What was this man's name?
- U.S. HISTORY - There are only six desks that have been used in the oval office: the resolute desk, the Roosevelt desk, the Wilson desk, the Johnson desk, the Hoover desk, and the C&O desk. Out of all those desks, the C&O desk has been used by only one president. Who is he?
- CELEBRITY BUSINESS VENTURES - What common two-word phrase describing a weekly custom among food-lovers in the U.S. did LeBron James attempt to have trademarked in 2019?
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- July 23th, 2020 - Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge - Live on Twitch 8pm - 9pm EDT
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Dylan, Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat's Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Gil, David, Rachael, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Logan, Spencer, Kaitlynn, Manu, Mo, Matthew, Nicole, Luc, Hank, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Shaun, Lucas and Max
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Tiffany, Allison, Paige, We Do Stuff, Mike S. ,Kenya, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you'd like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click "Support."
- Know Nonsense Trivia Podcast — Join us on our Facebook group!
- knownonsensetrivia - Twitch — Play Know Nonsense Trivia on Thursdays at 8pm EST!
- Scatman John IMDB photo — Marc thinks Scatman John looked like comedian Steve Harvey (on account of his mustache)
- "Take Five" by [Marc's Q1 answer] - YouTube
- John McAfee hammock - YouTube — "The Hungry Audience."