Quizmasters Lee and Marc get together to ask, suss and answer a general knowledge quiz with topics including Movies, World History, Television, Psychology, Movie Musicals, Also Known As, Art, Hollywood Legends, Manufacturing, Africa, U.S. History, Mythology, Manga and more!
- MOVIES - What 2007 film was directed by Joel Schumaker and follows the story of Walter Sparrow, a man who suffers from apophenia (the tendency to mistakenly perceive connections and meaning between unrelated things)?
- WORLD HISTORY - What country is believed to have had both the most military and civilian deaths in World War I?
- TELEVISION - What adult animated television series which ran for 11 seasons from 2000-2015 was technically a spin-off of Space Ghost: Coast to Coast?
- PSYCHOLOGY - Eisoptrophobia is the fear of what, commonly seen in bathrooms?
- MOVIE MUSICALS - What band stars in the musical comedy film Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band?
- ALSO KNOWN AS… - Singer Vincent Fernier is better known by what stage name?
- Correcting Marc in episode #107, “The lightning bolt on Bowie’s face was from Aladdin Sane (not Ziggy Stardust.)” - submitted by Elyse
- Oxygen is a diatomic element, so "Regular Oxygen" gas is technically O2. The element Oxygen, when bonded, isn't always 2, but the "regular Oxygen" gas is.
- ART - Artist Marcel Duchamp submitted the ready-made art piece fountain in 1917, which was what item reoriented 90-degrees?
- HOLLYWOOD LEGENDS - What cigar-smoking star of stage, radio and film, whose career lasted for over three-quarter of a century and who died in 1996 shortly after their hundredth birthday, was the subject of one-man play “Goodnight Gracie”?
- MANUFACTURING - What gas is used for the inflation of airbags?
- AFRICA - What African country contains the Oklo region, where the world’s only known naturally-occurring nuclear reactor was first discovered in 1976?
- WORLD HISTORY - According to geologists, how many Eons has earth experienced so far (including now)?
- U.S. HISTORY - Inspired by Christian symbolism in the poetry of John Donne, J. Robert Oppenheimer suggested what codename for the first U.S. Nuclear Bomb test, which took place on July 16, 1945?
Rate My Question
- GEOGRAPHY - Standing at 8,611 meters high, K2 is the second highest peak on earth. K2 is a part of what sub-Himalayan mountain range whose name means “black gravel” in Turkish? - submitted by Adele
- ANIMALS - The cephalofoil is the scientific name for the head of what aquatic animal? - submitted by Adele
- MYTHOLOGY - In Egyptian mythology, what ibis-headed deity guards Ra’s solar barge alongside his wife, Ma’at?
- MANGA - With over 470 million copies in circulation, in 47 countries worldwide, what is the best-selling manga of all time?
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- July 30th, 2020 - Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge - Live on Twitch 8pm - 9pm EDT
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Dylan, Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat's Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Gil, David, Rachael, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Logan, Spencer, Kaitlynn, Manu, Mo, Matthew, Nicole, Luc, Hank, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Shaun, Lucas and Max
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Tiffany, Allison, Paige, We Do Stuff, Mike S. ,Kenya, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you'd like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click "Support."