Quizmasters Lee and Marc are joined by Peter Kolter and Tommy Scott of Southwest Florida rock band The Electric Mud to ask, suss and answer a general knowledge quiz with topics including Geometry, Cult Leaders, Music, World History, Literature, Topography, Movies, U.S. Census, Concert Records, Minerals, Television, Movie Soundtracks, Fast Cars, Video Games, Inventions and more!
- GEOMETRY - How many equal sides are there on a scalene triangle?
- CULT LEADERS - "Do what thou wilt" is the core edict of THEL-ema, a religion founded by what British occultist in 1920?
- MUSIC - Musica Norteña a musical genre originating in Northern Mexico in the 19th century, was heavily influenced by what European style of music?
- WORLD HISTORY - The RMS Titanic sank in the early morning of April 15th in the North Atlantic Ocean, four days into the ship's maiden voyage from Southampton to 1912; in what year did this disaster occur?
- LITERATURE - The Raven by Edgar Allen Poe was inspired by a talking raven in the novel Barnaby Rudge, A Tale of the Riots of 80?
- TOPOGRAPHY - A yeti or rakshasa is said to roam the foothills of what Himalayan mountain, the third tallest in the world, and whose name means ‘the five treasures of the high snow’?
- “In the last episode Lee made a comment during the Vincent Fernier question suss that Michael Buble was a fake name. Not sure if it was a joke from a previous episode but Michael Buble is in fact his birth name.” - submitted by Myles
- Jenny writes in to tell us we’re her first supported Patreon project. Thanks Jenny!
- MOVIES - What 2007 film features props said to be designed by Francois Voltaire, but were actually co-designed by Marc Jacobs and Eric Chase Anderson?
- U.S. CENSUS - What state has the highest percentage of Black people in the United States?
- CONCERT RECORDS - What rock and roll band set the record for the highest-priced general admission concert tickets of all time, priced at $624?
- CRIME STATISTICS - In what year did the United States of America experience it’s highest rate of violent crime?
- MINERALS - What ornamental mineral was a mark of high-status (and shares its name with a character first introduced in 1993’s Mortal Kombat II) which roughly translates to “loin stone” in French and Spanish?
- TELEVISION - The television show Garfield and Friends (1988-1994) also contained what other short cartoon?
Rate My Question
- MOVIE SOUNDTRACKS - The band Rascal Flatts covered Tom Cochrane's country hit "Life is a Highway" for the soundtrack of what 2007 film?
- CHESS - The queen was not always the name of the piece; what was the original name?
- FAST CARS - What limited production electric sports car, manufactured by a British automobile manufacturer, holds the current record for the most horsepower?
- VIDEO GAMES - Selling 200m copies, including mobile game downloads, what is the highest-selling video game of all time?
- INVENTIONS - Arthur Fry invented what office staple in 1974?
- MUSIC - What Oscar- and Grammy-winning film composer plays background keyboards on and appears in the music video for the 1980 classic new wave hit “Video Killed The Radio Star” by The Buggles?
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- August 6th, 2020 - Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge - Live on Twitch 8pm - 9pm EDT
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Dylan, Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat's Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Gil, David, Rachael, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Jenny, Logan, Spencer, Kaitlynn, Manu, Mo, Matthew, Nicole, Luc, Hank, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Shaun, Lucas and Max
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Tiffany, Allison, Paige, We Do Stuff, Mike S. ,Kenya, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you'd like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click "Support."
- Know Nonsense Trivia Podcast — Join us on our Facebook group!
- knownonsensetrivia - Twitch — Play Know Nonsense Trivia on Thursdays at 8pm EST!
- The Electric Mud - First Murder on Mars - YouTube — The first single of The Electric Mud's "Burn The Ships"
- Burn The Ships | The Electric Mud | Small Stone Recordings — Pre-order Burn The Ships, The Electric Mud's debut on Small Stone Records!
- The Electric Mud (@ElectricMudFLA) / Twitter — The Electric Mud on Twitter
- The Electric Mud on Facebook
- Lovecraft Country: Official Trailer | HBO - YouTube — A trailer for a new series on HBO mentioned in this episode
- Turnaround- hans zimmer ft. Camille - YouTube — A song recommendation by Peter