Quizmasters Lee and Marc get together to ask, suss and answer a general knowledge quiz with topics including Acting Athletes, Cult Comedies, B-People, Geography, Sports Mascots, Vocabulary, Games, Pop Music, Capital Cities, Film Adaptations and more!
- ACTING ATHLETES - Before being cast as Jim in a 1960 film adaptation of The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, Archie Moore earned the nickname “The Old Mongoose” while competing in which sport?
- CULT COMEDIES - “One-twelves!” is a line given by a referee in a wrestling match in what cult movie?
- B-PEOPLE - Charles Darwin, Winston Churchill,Adolf Hitler, Fidel Castro, Joseph Stalin, Mao Zedong, Barack Obama, Carl Jung, Franz Kafka, Marcel Proust, James Joyce, J.R.R. Tolkien, Gertrude Stein, H.P. Lovecraft, Elvis Presley, Frank Zappa, Bob Dylan, Prince, Mark Zuckerberg and Trever Noah would be considered “B-People” in Scandavian countries, which indicates that they are what?
- GEOGRAPHY - What three countries make up the Baltic states?
- SPORTS MASCOTS - Chance the Gila Monster is the mascot for what city’s NHL team?
- VOCABULARY - A villanelle is a type of what?
Missed Corrections/Know Notes
- “While sussing during the Irving Berlin question, it was said that Andrew Lloyd Weber "did" Beauty and the Beast. The Music for Beauty and the Beast was done by Alan Menken, and lyrics were by Howard Ashman. I do not believe Weber had anything to do with the film or the musical. Also, the duo that Jon was thinking of that wrote music for all of the old Disney movies would be the Sherman Brothers.” - submitted by Andrew
- GEOGRAPHY - Arica, a port city that was formally in Peru, is now located in what country?
- TELEVISION - On The Sopranos, what is the name of Tony and Carmela’s daughter (which is derived from the old english word that means to reap or mow)?
- GAMES - ‘The Shannon Number’ is a number associated with what game?
- POP MUSIC - What pop princess was named “The Voice of a Generation” at the 13th ALMA (American Latino Media Arts) Awards in 2012?
- POP MUSIC - How old was Michael Jackson when “I Want You Back” was released?
- CAPITAL CITIES - Which capital city is technically the highest national capital city in the world by elevation and is located in the first country to officially recognize the rights of nature in 2008?
Rate My Question
- POP CULTURE - What 90s boy-bander began training with cosmonauts and was planned to take a trip to the International Space Station in 2002, only missing the flight due to cardiac arrhythmia that was detected during a pre-flight check in? - submitted by Quizdaddy Dylan
- GEOGRAPHY - There are five major inhabited US territories— name as many as you can, and name any uninhabited US territory. - submitted by Rumplesnailtskin Mike C.
- MOVIE ADAPTATIONS - Joe Klein is the author of what 1996 roman à clef that was turned into a 1998 Mike Nichols movie starring John Travolta, Emma Thomspon and Billy Bob Thorton?
- SPORTS - Who was the highest paid athlete in the world in 2016?
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- August 27th, 2020 - Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge - Live on Twitch 8pm - 10pm EDT
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Dylan, Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat's Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Gil, David, Rachael, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Alex, Jenny, Logan, Spencer, Kaitlynn, Manu, Mo, Matthew, Nicole, Luc, Hank, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Shaun, Lucas and Max
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Tiffany, Allison, Paige, We Do Stuff, Mike S. ,Kenya, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you'd like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click "Support."
- Know Nonsense Trivia Podcast — Join us on our Facebook group!
- knownonsensetrivia - Twitch — Play Know Nonsense Trivia on Thursdays at 8pm EST!
- Weekly Nice Guy's Virtual Trivia — Play Virtual Nice Guys Pizza trivia with Marc (8/26)!
- Ready To Rumble (HD) Trailer - YouTube
- Zuckerberg likes smoked meats - YouTube
- Paul F. Tompkins - Sexy Bee - John Oliver's New York Stand-Up Show (Video Clip) | Comedy Central — Marc quotes this bit at the beginning of Lee's B-People question.
- Rams Mascot Rampage does a backflip for Ozzie Smith - YouTube — Clint McComb as LA Rams mascot Rampage doing a backflip in costume
- Colin Meloy (The Decemberists) - Everyday is like Sunday (Morrissey) - YouTube — Marc sings this at the beginning of during his first question of Round Two.
- How to Play Snaps: 13 Steps (with Pictures) - wikiHow — Lee mentions this game in Round Two.
- Pee Wee's Big Adventure I say we let him go - YouTube — Lee recalls this scene during Marc's suss on the "Voice of a Generation" question.