Quizmasters Lee and Marc are joined by singer-songwriter Kyle Anne, to ask, suss and answer a general knowledge quiz with topics including Pop Culture Franchises, Flags, Film-making Crews, Regional Foods, Employers, Pale-oarcheology, Sports Accolades, Trials & Hysteria, Activist Actors, French Language, Strange Plants, Africa, Food, English Scientists, New York Times Bestsellers, and more!
- FLAGS - How many stars are on the flag of New Zealand?
- POP CULTURE FRANCHISES - What story (about a news writer and sportswriter who live together) debuted on Broadway in 1965, which preceded a 1985 gender-swapped version also on Broadway, one 1968 film and a 1998 sequel, and four sitcoms in 1970, 1975, 1982, and 2015 (including an animated series)?
- FILMMAKING CREWS - The Dreamlanders was the name given to the stable of cast and crew regularly used by which director?
- REGIONAL FOODS - A nostalgic school lunch menu item (known by some in the Mid- and Northwest United States as a “logger’s breakfast”) involves chili being poured over or paired with what?
- EMPLOYERS - According to their website, who is the U.S.’s second-largest employer?
- PALEOARCHAEOLOGY - In 2003, remains of nine “hobbits” (a nickname for individuals of the prehistoric pygmy race homo floreseinsis) were discovered on the island of Flores, which is part of which country?
Missed Corrections/Know Notes
- Evan Tishuk writes in to explore Marc’s notes on Rushmore from episode 112.
- SPORTS ACCOLADES - The BWF presents the Thomas Cup and the Uber Cup as prizes for teams of men and women competing internationally in what sport?
- TRIALS & HYSTERIA - The McMartin Preschool Trial of the 1980's were partly responsible for starting what hysteria?
- ACTIVIST ACTORS - Who attended the 1963 March on Washington, co-wrote a memoir titled Shameless Exploitation in Pursuit of the Common Good, and who’s acting career concluded with a performance in the 2006 Disney-Pixar film Cars?
- FRENCH LANGUAGE - Pomme de terre is french for what vegetable, which originated in modern day Peru?
- STRANGE PLANTS - What kind of cactus, endemic to Eastern Mexico, is endangered in the wild but is popularly cultivated due to its unique silver wooly coat of hair?
- AFRICA - Which country, whose name means "Land of (the dominant ethnic group there)", is Africa's longest-continuous democracy?
Rate My Question
- FOOD - While all fish eggs are know as roe, only one type of fish produces eggs that are traditionally known as caviar. What is that fish?
- ENGLISH SCIENTISTS - What English scientist, who lived from 1791-1867, had made discoveries including the principles underlying electromagnetic induction, diamagnetism and electrolysis?
- NYT BESTSELLERS - Known otherwise for his hardcore style, which former professional wrestler penned the autobiography "Have a Nice Day: A Tale of Blood and Sweatsocks" which hit #1 on the New York Times Bestseller list in December of 1999?
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- September 3rd, 2020 - Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge - Live on Twitch 8pm - 10pm EDT
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Dylan, Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat's Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Gil, David, Rachael, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Alex, Jenny, Logan, Spencer, Kaitlynn, Manu, Mo, Matthew, Luc, Hank, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Shaun, Lucas and Max
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Tiffany, Allison, Paige, We Do Stuff, Mike S. ,Kenya, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you'd like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click "Support."
- Know Nonsense Trivia Podcast — Join us on our Facebook group!
- knownonsensetrivia - Twitch — Play Know Nonsense Trivia on Thursdays at 8pm EST!
- Weekly Nice Guy's Virtual Trivia — Play Virtual Nice Guys Pizza trivia with Marc (8/26)!
- Captain Beefheart - Electricity - YouTube — Lee "sings" this during the weekly wrap up