Quizmasters Lee and Marc are joined by Seth to ask, suss and answer a general knowledge quiz with topics including U.S. History, Geography, Famous Books and Authors, Secret Identities, German Language, Classic Television, Cereal Mascots, Football, Classic Films, Birds, Musical Instruments, World War II, Song Copycats and more!
- U.S. HISTORY - What was Malcolm X’s last name?
- GEOGRAPHY - Sometimes referred to as “The Heart of America”, which city’s name is believed to come from an Ojibwa word for a type of wild onion or skunk?
- FAMOUS BOOKS - “Stately, plump Buck Mulligan came from the stairhead, bearing a bowl of lather on which a mirror and a razor lay crossed” is the opening line of what novel?
- SECRET IDENTITIES - What superhero, first appearing in 1980, is also known as Princess Koriand’r?
- GERMAN LANGUAGE - What movie character’s mononymous name translates “terror” or “fright” in German?
- CLASSIC TELEVISION - Which Mississippi born author had two works, A Fable (in 1954), and his last novel, The Reivers (in 1962), win the Pulitzer Prizes for fiction?
- FAMOUS AUTHORS - Which Mississippi born author had two works, A Fable (in 1954), and his last novel, The Reivers (in 1962), win the Pulitzer Prizes for fiction?
- CEREAL MASCOTS - Bob, Quello and Wendell were three animated bakers that were the mascots for what cereal?
- FOOTBALL - Terry Bradshaw was a quarterback for the Pittsburgh Steelers in the 1970’s; how many Super Bowl rings does he have?
- MOVIE SOUNDTRACKS - What song by Willie Nelson debuted on the soundtrack of the 1980 film Honeysuckle Rose, which starred the singer-songwriter?
- MEASUREMENTS - The Modified Mercalli Scale (also known as the M.M. Scale) of 1931 is used to measure what?
- PRIVATE JET OWNERSHIP - In 2017, the United States led the world in private jet ownership; who was second?
- BIRDS - Which family of birds, which includes the Allen’s, Anna’s and Costa’s species, uses its tongue as an elastic micropump to feed?
Rate My Question
- MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS - The Jackyl song "The Lumberjack" features a solo from a rather unorthodox musical instrument. What is that instrument? - submitted by Aaron Dyer
- WORLD WAR II - In World War II, Germany had an exclave that was called what?
- CLASSIC FILMS - After a settlement acknowledged a likeness to “Standing in the Shadows of Love” by the Four Tops, Motown songwriting team Holland-Dozier-Holland are credited as co-writers on a 1990 hit for which song by Aerosmith?
- SONG COPYCATS - After a settlement acknowledged a likeness to “Standing in the Shadows of Love” by the Four Tops, Motown songwriting team Holland-Dozier-Holland are credited as co-writers on a 1990 hit for which song by Aerosmith?
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- September 24th, 2020 - Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge - Live on Twitch 8pm - 10pm EDT
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Dylan, Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat's Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Shaun, Lydia, Gil, David, Rachael, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Lisa, Alex, Jenny, Logan, Spencer, Kaitlynn, Manu, Mo, Matthew, Luc, Hank, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Lucas and Max
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Kevin and Sara, Tiffany, Allison, Paige, We Do Stuff, Mike S. ,Kenya, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you'd like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click "Support."
- Know Nonsense Trivia is creating podcasts | Patreon — Support the show on Patreon!
- knownonsensetrivia - Twitch — Play Know Nonsense Trivia on Thursdays at 8pm EST!
- Know Nonsense Trivia Podcast | Facebook — Join us on our Facebook group!
- Exporting Raymond - The Criterion Channel — Movie recommendation by Lee