Quizmasters Lee and Marc are joined by musician and screenprinter Joe Lachut to ask, suss and answer a general knowledge quiz with topics including Geology, Psychological Disorders, Animals, Entrepreneurs, Hockey, Celebrity First Jobs, Korean Food, Movies, Geography, The Beatles, Currencies, Candy Bars, The Simpsons, NPR, Documentaries, Classic Cartoons and more!
- GEOLOGY - Used in marcasite jewelry, what is the most abundant sulfide mineral on the planet?
- PSYCHOLOGICAL DISORDERS - Boanthropy, a rare psychological disorder (which has it's most famous case in The Book of Daniel affecting King Nebuchadnezzar) is when a person believes they are what?
- ANIMALS - How many appendages does a scorpion have?
- ENTREPRENEURS - Drug smuggler and political activist Tom Forcade is best known today as the publisher and editor of what magazine, that debuted in the summer of 1974 and was matching sales with National Lampoon and Rolling Stone by 1977?
- HOCKEY - For the 2020 NHL Season, the first Stanley Cup final series since 1928 was played entirely in one location and the first since 1989 to be played entirely in Canada in what city?
- CELEBRITY FIRST JOBS - Michael Ian Black (formerly of the sketch-comedy group The State) got his first paid acting job dressing up as one of what masked superheroes who appeared in movies, comic books, toys and more?
- Llewellin Davis was not a real person (as Lee guessed in 117).
- Skunks were once considered to be mustelids, but are genetically considered their own separate family (Mephitidae)
- Shaun writes in with some clarifications on Lee and Justin’s yo-yo suss from Episode 118.
- Kenya has various comments about our suss during C.J.’s Rate My Question from Episode 117.
- Myles writes in to let us know Greg Zuerlein is also and perhaps better known by the nickname Legatron and that up until 1994 both summer and winter Olympics were held in the same year.
- KOREAN FOOD - Dotorimuk is a Korean jelly made out of what nut?
- MOVIES - Who was the original director selected to direct the original adaptation of Frank Herbert's sci-fi series Dune?
- GEOGRAPHY - What country, the only in Latin America entirely outside of the tropics, has the longest national anthem (by performance duration)?
- THE BEATLES - What song did The Beatles open with for their first performance on February 9th, 1964?
- A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE - In A Song of Ice and Fire, how did House Lannister lose possession of their Valerian steel sword?
- CURRENCIES - Due to rising inflation, what Peruvian currency named after the Incan sun god replaced the Sol in 1985 (only to be replaced by the nuevo sol in 1991)?
Rate My Question
- CANDY BARS - Which 1932 chocolate bar (still around today) used to come packaged with a vanilla and strawberry nougat bar as well?
- THE SIMPSONS - Inspired by the EC Comics horror anthologies, The Simpsons "Treehouse of Horror" episode officially premiered during what season?
- NPR - What was the name of Tom and Roy Magliozzi's, better known as "Click and Clack" from NPR's Car Talk, mechanic shop called?
- DOCUMENTARIES - The Sweatbox is a film by Trudie Styler documenting Sting’s tumultuous collaboration with Disney Studios to create six songs for what animated film?
- CLASSIC CARTOONS - What Warner Bros. and Looney Tunes character was originally named "Orson" on the model sheet of the first cartoon they were in, titled "A Tale of Two Kitties" in 1942?
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- October 15th, 2020 - Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge - Live on Twitch 8pm - 10pm EDT
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Dylan, Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat's Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Shaun, Lydia, Gil, David, Rachael, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Lisa, Alex, Jenny, Logan, Spencer, Kaitlynn, Manu, Mo, Matthew, Luc, Hank, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Lucas and Max
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Kevin and Sara, Tiffany, Allison, Paige, We Do Stuff, Mike S. ,Kenya, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you'd like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click "Support."
- Know Nonsense Trivia is creating podcasts | Patreon — Support the show on Patreon!
- knownonsensetrivia - Twitch — Play Know Nonsense Trivia on Thursdays at 8pm EST!
- (2) Know Nonsense Trivia Podcast | Facebook — Join us on our Facebook group!
- Weekly Nice Guys Virtual Trivia
- Know Nonsese Trivia Discord Server — Chat and play trivia with us on Discord!
- Meeting the Beatles in India Trailer #1 (2020) | Movieclips Indie - YouTube
- The Grey Album - Wikipedia
- What is a Prince Albert piercing and why is it called that? | Metro News — IYKYK
- Joe Lachut | Discography | Discogs — A long list of records Joe has had a hand in making.
- Krank It Up! - who we are — A community bike shop in Tallahassee recommended by Lee
- The Sweatbox (BANNED DISNEY DOCUMENTARY) - YouTube
- Patrick Stewart on meeting Sting on Dune - YouTube
- Punk/Weirdo/Serial Killer Shirts by Graveyardshiftshirts on Etsy
- Profiles In Eccentricity - Harlem Hoarders And Long Island Lowlifes | Listen via Stitcher for Podcasts — Joe on another podcast talking about Hoarders!
- SEVEN INCHES TO FREEDOM RADIO on Podbay — Joe's radio show podcast!