Quizmasters Lee and Marc are joined by chef Skyler Denison (Death By Taco) to learn some tips on building epic nachos at home, as well as to ask, suss and answer a general knowledge quiz with topics including Inventions, Superstitions, 90’s Alt-Rock, Currencies, Famous Brothers, Food Lingo, Television, Animals, Competitions, Olympics, Country Capitals and more!
- Inventions - The original beer widget used to control a canned beer's head was originally patented by what company?
- SUPERSTITIONS - Often depicted holding a scepter, what card in a traditional 52-card deck is considered to be unlucky in trick-taking card games such as Hearts?
- 90’s ALT-RCOK - "Take Me Down" was the only song on Mellon Collie and The Infinite Sadness that was not written by Billy Corgan, but by who?
- CURRENCIES - Taught by Aristotle by age 13-16, who was the first person to have his image impressed on coinage?
- FAMOUS BROTHERS - Fraternal twin brothers Chuck and John Pannozo formed the rhythm section of what Chicago-based rock group who released four multi-platinum albums between 1977 and 1981?
- FOOD LINGO - What are the unpopped kernels in a batch of popcorn called?
- Dylon self-missed corrects his Rate My Question from episode 119, clarifying that seasons 2-13 were titled "Simpsons Halloween Special," not the Treehouse of Horror.
- ANIMATED SITCOMS - Aaron McGruder is the creator of what controversial animated series that aired from 2005-2014?
- TELEVISION - George Carlin was the first host for what late-night comedy show?
- FISH - Goldfish are a relatively small member of what fish family?
- COMPETITIONS - Scottish poets Walter Kennedy and William Dunbar are best known as the progenerators of flyting, which is a fierce competition of what?
- INVENTIONS - Originally designed as a way to process corn for cattle feed, what crunchy cheese snack was invented instead?
- OLYMPICS - Mary Lou Retton, the first American woman to win the All-around Gold medal in the Olympics, did so in what year?
Rate My Question
- COUNTRY CAPITALS - What country’s capital is Windhoek, a word that most likely comes from the Afrikaans “wind-hoek” meaning “wind corner”? - submitted by C.J.
- CHILDREN’S TELEVISION - What character on Pee-Wee's Playhouse often gave the word of the day?
- POP CULTURE WORDS - Appearing in popular culture items such as Reservoir Dogs, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest and an episode of The Office, what is a 'truel?'
- ANIMALS - What deep sea fish is believed to have the lowest brain-to-body weight ratio of any vertebrate?
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- October 19th, 2020 - Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge - Palace Pub and Wine Bar - 7:30 pm
- October 22nd, 2020 - Know Nonsense Virtual Pub Trivia - Live on Twitch 8pm - 10pm EDT
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Dylan, Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat's Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Shaun, Lydia, Gil, David, Rachael, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Lisa, Alex, Jenny, Logan, Spencer, Kaitlynn, Manu, Mo, Matthew, Luc, Hank, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Lucas and Max
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Kevin and Sara, Tiffany, Allison, Paige, We Do Stuff, Mike S. ,Kenya, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you'd like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click "Support."
- Know Nonsense Trivia is creating podcasts | Patreon — Support the show on Patreon!
- knownonsensetrivia - Twitch — Play Know Nonsense Trivia on Thursdays at 8pm EST!
- Know Nonsense Trivia Podcast | Facebook — Join us on our Facebook group!
- Weekly Nice Guys Virtual Trivia | Facebook — Play trivia with Marc on Zoom or at Nice Guys Pizza (Cape Coral, FL) on-site!
- Know Nonsense Trivia — Chat and play trivia with us on Discord!
- Skyler Denison (@therewillbegrub) • Instagram photos and videos — Follow Skyler on Instagram!
- Death By Taco — Order Skyler's food online!
- Trivia Night at Palace Pub & Wine Bar | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Lee!
- Jessica Alpern - Posts | Facebook — The Jack Black coin collecting interview Lee mentions in Round 1.
- Let Me Show You My Pokemans | Know Your Meme — Lee references this ancient meme.
- A scene mentioned in Round 2 (First Question) - YouTube — Skyler recalls this scene after learning the answer to Lee's first question in round 2.
- A Conjoining of Ancient Song on Vimeo — The Willie Ruff documentary Lee mentions in Round Two.