Quizmasters Lee and Marc meet to ask, suss and answer a general knowledge quiz with topics including The Bible, Academy Awards, U.S. Colleges, Sports Origins, Jazz Music, Avant-garde Music, American Desserts, Punk Music, Award-winning Cartoons, Fruit Slang, College Football, Ancient Games, Famous Couples, German Language, Grammy Awards and more! All of Marc’s questions for this quiz are inspired by Steely Dan songs or albums.
- THE BIBLE - The Steely Dan song "Do It Again" references the "land of milk and honey" is a phrase used in what book of The Bible, usually attributed to Moses?
- ACADEMY AWARDS - What 1994 best picture winner featured the big-screen debut of actor Haley Joel Osment and was released in 1995 with no chapter selection as director Rober Zmeckis wanted viewers to enjoy the film in its entirety?
- U.S. COLLEGES - "I remember the thirty five sweet goodbyes when you put me on the Wolverine up to Annandale", the beginning lyrics to the Steely Dan song "My Old School", is a reference to heading back to which private liberal arts college?
- SPORTS ORIGINS - Played with a leather ball filled with feathers and hair, in what country was the sport of soccer invented?
- JAZZ MUSIC - The instrumental Steely Dan song "East St. Louis Toodle-oo", is a cover of a song originally written by which jazz pianist and composer who was born in 1899?
- AVANT-GARDE MUSIC - What band that formed in 2011 funded an admission-free tour by releasing a silent album on Spotify in 2014 called Sleepify, highlighting how easy it was to game to the streaming services royalty system?
- The Terminator came out in 1984, not 1982. - Quizmaster Lee
- “I Value Xylophones Like Cows Dig Milk. Reverse Medical Xavier.” - Team Captain Aaron
- “In regards to the Louis question, although it is correct that Louis the 16th was married to Marie Antoinette, it was Louis the 14th who was nicknamed Louis the Great as well as the Sun King.” - Proverbial Lightkeeper Matt
- AMERICAN DESSERTS - What popular dessert is American in origin but features a Teutonic name and involves layers of chocolate cake topped with pecans and coconut mixed into a custard frosting?
- PUNK MUSIC - The lyric "Katie lied," from Dr. Wu was covered by what early punk band headed by singer and guitarist D. Boon?
- AWARD-WINNING CARTOONS - What Emmy-award winning cartoon stars Jeremy Shada and John DiMaggio and is set in The Land of Ooo, 1,000 years after the Great Mushroom War?
- LANDMARKS - The Steely Dan album Caves of Altamira is named after a cave complex located in which European country that is renowned for prehistoric parietal cave art featuring charcoal drawings and polychrome paintings of contemporary local fauna and human hands?
- FRUIT SLANG - Known for its Eureka, Meyer and Bearss varieties, what citrus fruit’s name indicates a quantity of 1 million rubles in Russian Slang?
- COLLEGE FOOTBALL - Every year, the Alabama Crimson Tide plays in the Iron Bowl, played against what other college team?
RATE MY QUESTION
- GAMES - Believed to be a part of a backgammon type of game called Senet, the oldest dice ever found dated around 2800-2500 BC was located in what West Asian country?
- FAMOUS COUPLES - What couple was married on October 20, 1968, with the wedding taking place on the groom’s private island of Skorpios, located in the Ionian Sea?
- GERMAN LANGUAGE - In the song "Babylon Sisters," Steely Dan songwriter Donald Fagan mentions drinking "kirschwasser" from the shell, which is a type of brandy which translates to mean water of what fruit?
- GRAMMY AWARD RECORDS - Lauryn Hill, Alicia Keys, Norah Jones, Beyonce, Amy Winehouse, Alison Krauss and Adele had shared the record for Most Grammys Won In A Single Year by a Female Artist until 2010, when which performer won seven Grammy’s in a single night?
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- November 7th, 2020 - Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge - Palace Pub & Wine Bar - 7:30 pm EDT
- December 9th, 2020 - Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge - Point Ybel Brewing Co. - 7:30 pm EDT
- December 10th, 2020 - Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge - Twitch - 8:00 pm EDT
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Dylan, Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat's Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Shaun, Lydia, Gil, David, Rachael, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Ryan, Mollie, Lisa, Alex, Jenny, Spencer, Kaitlynn, Manu, Mo, Matthew, Luc, Hank, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Lucas and Max
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Doug, Kevin and Sara, Tiffany, Allison, Paige, We Do Stuff, Mike S. ,Kenya, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you'd like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click "Support."
- Know Nonsense Trivia is creating podcasts | Patreon — Support the show on Patreon!
- knownonsensetrivia - Twitch — Play Know Nonsense Trivia on Thursdays at 8pm EST!
- Know Nonsense Trivia Podcast | Facebook — Join us on our Facebook group!
- Know Nonsense Trivia — Chat and play trivia with us on Discord!
- Trivia Night at Palace Pub & Wine Bar | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Lee on Mondays at Palace Pub & Wine Bar in Cape Coral, FL!
- Trivia Night @ The Point | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Lee on Mondays at Palace Pub & Wine Bar in Cape Coral, FL!
- Death (proto-punk band) - Wikipedia — Music recommendation by Lee
- 'Sistine Chapel of the ancients' rock art discovered in remote Amazon forest | Archaeology | The Guardian
- Lascaux - Wikipedia — French cave art