Quizmasters Lee and Marc meet to ask, suss and answer a general knowledge quiz with topics including Commercial Jingles, Birds, Casting Fails, Words, Non-Fiction Books, TV Shows, U.S. Presidents, French Language, Greek Mythology, Film Remakes, Federal Law, Geography, Famous Athletes, Academy Award Records, Fruits and more!
- COMMERCIAL JINGLES - "Love that Chicken" is a commercial jingle written and performed by R&B and funk legend Dr. John for what fast food chain?
- BIRDS - What wading bird, the only bird in the order Phonecoptiforus, has only six species, four throughout the Americas and the Caribbean, and two species that are native to Africa, Asia and Europe?
- CASTING FAILS - What comedian was considered for the role of Jack in The Shining, but was rejected by director Stanley Kubrick for seeming “too psychotic”?
- WORDS - What does "con" stand for in "con man"?
- NON-FICTION - What book by Oliver Sacks recounted the life history of the victims of the encephalitis lethargica epidemic in 1973?
- TV SHOWS - The TV series Soap spawned what spinoff TV show from 1979-1986 focussing on the butler from that series?
- Feedback about Lee’s Grammy Question.
- Extra info about the burning monk image courtesy of Ian.
- Elyse clarifies Apples and Pineapples are not citrus fruit.
- U.S. PRESIDENTS - What president is believed to be the first American to earn a brown belt in Judo?
- FRENCH LANGUAGE - In French, the phrase "Dodo" is baby talk for what activity?
- GREEK MYTHOLOGY - According to Greek Mythology, what goddess gifted Olives to the Greeks?
- FILM REMAKES - Of Christopher Nolan’s films, which was released in 2003 and is the only of his eleven films released to date that is a remake?
- TV SHOWS - What were the first names of the Dukes of Hazzard cousins?
- FEDERAL LAW - What part of the Housing Act of 1937 authorizes the payment of rental housing assistance to private landlords on behalf of low-income households in the United States?
Rate My Question
- WORLD GEOGRAPHY - Hundreds of naturally mummified bodies are scattered throughout an open area known as "Rainbow Valley," which is located where? - submitted by Kyle
- U.S. GEOGRAPHY - Formerly known as Longacre square, this location was renamed in 1904 after a local newspaper. - submitted by Myles
- FAMOUS ATHLETES - Shane Stant was charged with the assault of this athlete in 1994, The Story of which was made into an Academy Award winning movie in 2017. - submitted by Myles
- ACADEMY AWARD RECORDS - Alfonso Cuaron shares a record for individuals to be nominated for six distinct Academy Award categories with what other individual, who was been nominated for Best Director, Best Original Screenplay, Best Supporting Actor, Best Adapted Screenplay and Best Picture between 2006 and 2013?
- FRUITS - Occasionally called "Shaddock" and native to Southeast Asia, what fruit's scientific name is citrus grandis or citra maxima?
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- December 14th, 2020 - Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge - Palace Pub & Wine Bar - 7:30 pm EDT
- December 16th, 2020 - Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge - Point Ybel Brewing Co. - 7:30 pm EDT
- December 17th, 2020 - Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge - Twitch - 8:00 pm EDT
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Dylan, Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat's Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Shaun, Lydia, Gil, David, Rachael, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Ryan, Mollie, Lisa, Alex, Jenny, Spencer, Kaitlynn, Manu, Mo, Matthew, Luc, Hank, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Lucas and Max
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Doug, Kevin and Sara, Tiffany, Allison, Paige, We Do Stuff, Mike S. ,Kenya, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you'd like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click "Support."
- Know Nonsense Trivia is creating podcasts | Patreon — Support the show on Patreon!
- knownonsensetrivia - Twitch — Play Know Nonsense Trivia on Thursdays at 8pm EST!
- Know Nonsense Trivia Podcast | Facebook — Join us on our Facebook group!
- Know Nonsense Trivia — Chat and play trivia with us on Discord!
- Trivia Night at Palace Pub & Wine Bar | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Lee on Mondays at Palace Pub & Wine Bar in Cape Coral, FL!
- Trivia Night @ The Point | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Lee on Mondays at Palace Pub & Wine Bar in Cape Coral, FL!
- r/KnowNonsenseTrivia — Join our subreddit!
- Robin Williams: Come Inside My Mind - Watch the HBO Original Documentary | HBO — Documentary recommendation by Lee