Quizmasters Lee and Marc meet to ask, suss and answer a general knowledge quiz with topics including Chemistry, Measurements, Famous Actors, Disney Characters, Playing Cards, Academy Awards, World Leaders, Historical Sites, Visual Arts, Household Appliances, Broadway Musicals, Physics and Food, Pokémon, The Office, F-Bombs, Video Game Franchises, Magazines and more!
- CHEMISTRY - Soda-lime silicate is better known as what common material?
- MEASUREMENTS - The AZ Test, the Friedmen test and the Hogben test have all been used to check for what?
- FAMOUS ACTORS - Being one of the highest grossing film actors of all time allows which bald performer to have a special clause in their contract allowing for time playing golf during shooting?
- DISNEY CHARACTERS - Flora, Fauna and Merryweather are fairies in which Disney classic film?
- PLAYING CARDS - What suit of cards in a standard 52 card deck was called "Trefle" in its original French, and is known as "Fiori" in Italian and "Kreuz" in Germany?
- ACADEMY AWARDS - In 1968, actor Cliff Robertson won a Best Actor Academy Award for his portrayal of the titular character “Charly”, which was based off of what novel?
- Episode 129 - Loved the theme. Kept waiting for a tie-in about WWE wrestler Tito Santana to cover both rounds. - John Fiebelkorn
- Episode 129 - Men At Work is indeed Australian (not Canadian as Lee said). - Myles
- Episode 128 - Insomnia was released in 2002! - Greg
- Episode 120 - Mo writes in with some Pokémon trivia.
- WORLD LEADERS - Nana Akufo Ado won reelection for what African country that is bordered by Burkina Faso, Togo and the Ivory Coast?
- HISTORICAL SITES - Built in 607 AD, The Horyuji is the world's oldest surviving structure made of what?
- VISUAL ARTS - Commissioned by the Duke of Milan in 1494, what piece was painted by Leonardo Da Vinci over a period of three years and finished in 1498?
- HOUSEHOLD APPLIANCES - Before the electric version came to prominence, what common household appliance was once referred to as a goose?
- BROADWAY MUSICALS - What 1993 rock musical is loosely based on the Puccini opera La Bohéme?
- PHYSICS AND FOOD - Which of the six classical machines lends its name to a style of sandwich in Dutchess, Putnam, and Westchester counties in New York, as well as (neighboring Fairfield, Connecticut)?
Rate My Question
- POKÉMON FANS - In the Pokémon community, what is someone usually called if they only like the first generation of the franchise, especially if they act elitist or snobbish about later generations? - Mo
- THE OFFICE - In The Office episode title 'Diversity', Michael and Dwight wear cards on their heads that indicate they are a member of what race and which historical figure, respectively? - Marissa
- F-BOMBS - In what Quentin Tarantino movie are the most f-bombs dropped? - Jeopardyman
- VIDEO GAME FRANCHISES - What driving game was first released for the PlayStation in 1999 featuring Wheelman John Tanner and taking place in four cities, prompting six sequels, a series of novels and movie development deals?
- MAGAZINES - What magazine (still in print today) was first published on September 22, 1888?
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- December 30th, 2020 - Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge - Point Ybel Brewing Co. - 7:30 pm EDT
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Dylan, Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat's Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Shaun, Lydia, Gil, David, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Ryan, Mollie, Lisa, Alex, Jenny, Spencer, Kaitlynn, Manu, Mo, Matthew, Luc, Hank, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Lucas
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Doug, Kevin and Sara, Tiffany, Allison, Paige, We Do Stuff, Mike S. ,Kenya, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you'd like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click "Support."
- Know Nonsense Trivia is creating podcasts | Patreon — Support the show on Patreon!
- knownonsensetrivia - Twitch — Play Know Nonsense Trivia on Wednesday at 7:30pm (pub quiz-style) and Thursdays at 8pm EST (game show-style)!
- Know Nonsense Trivia Podcast | Facebook — Join us on our Facebook group!
- Know Nonsense Trivia — Chat and play trivia with us on Discord!
- Trivia Night @ The Point | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Lee on Mondays at Palace Pub & Wine Bar in Cape Coral, FL!
- KnowNonsenseTrivia — Join our subreddit!
- Conservation-restoration of Leonardo da Vinci's The Last Supper - Wikipedia — More info on the restoration of The Last Supper.
- We Ranked Every Tarantino Movie by the Amount of Cursing | Dallas Observer
- Michael George Photography