Quizmasters Lee and Marc are joined by Kyle Anne to ask, suss and answer a general knowledge quiz with topics including Sailing, Cereal Mascots, U.S. Geography, Obsolete Jobs, Famous Families, European Capitals, Spokespersons, 2010’s Movies, Etymology, Survival Techniques, European Geography, American Literature, Geography, U.S. History, Roman Mythology, Famous Catchphrases, Famous Inventions and more! Thanks to Pangolin for the new Missed Correction and Rate My Question themes.
- SAILING - Who won the America's Cup in 1977, as well as the 605-mile Fastnet race in 1979, sailing through a storm that sank 23 boats and killed 18 people, and would later be the first media figure to be named Time Magazine's Man of the Year?
- CEREAL MASCOTS - A blogger noticed that famed mascot Captain Crunch has three stripes on his jacket which would actually give him what rank in the Navy?
- U.S. GEOGRAPHY - The Triple Divide, a hydrological apex where water flows into the Pacific, Arctic and Atlantic Oceans, can be found in which U.S. state?
- OBSOLETE JOBS - A wainwright is a person who repairs what (especially popular during the 19th Century)?
- FAMOUS FAMILIES - Who are the only father/daughter pairing to have had their hit songs parodied by Weird Al Yankovic?
- EUROPEAN CAPITALS - What European capital city is known as The City of Seven Hills?
- The cafe on Frasier is Cafe Nervosa.
- Overview of the difference between Fast Food, Fast Casual and Casual Dining.
- SPOKESPERSONS - In 1997 Oscar winner Lynn Redgrave was replaced by Sarah Ferguson as the spokesperson for what product?
- 2010’s MOVIES - Panem is a fictional nation that serves as the setting for what movie (which was the best-selling DVD of 2012)?
- ETYMOLOGY - What word first appeared in the U.S. in the Charleston Daily Mail in the 1940's and was taken from the Latin word for 'cave'?
- SURVIVAL TECHNIQUES - A quinzhee is a habitable structure made from what?
- EUROPEAN GEOGRAPHY - What river, the second longest in Europe, has a name which comes from the Sanskrit word for 'dewdrop'?
- AMERICAN LITERATURE - Game of Thrones creator George R.R. Martin has said the title of his A Song of Ice and Fire book series was partially inspired by a work of what American poet (the only to have won the Pulitzer Prize for Poetry four times)?
Rate My Question
- GEOGRAPHY - What country shares the longest land border with France? - submitted by Kevin
- U.S. HISTORY - The year 1814 was the last large-scale occupation of the U.S. Capital before the event of January 6th 2021. The most recent attack on the US Capitol grounds (perpetrated by Russell Weston Junior) resulted in the deaths of two US Capitol police officers. In what year did it occur? - submitted by Dallas
- ROMAN MYTHOLOGY - The month of January is named after Janus, the God of Gates and Doors, and is often depicted as having two of what? - submitted by Jeopardyman
- FAMOUS CATCHPHRASES - Clara Peller, who was known for her catchphrase "Where's the beef," was dropped from what fast food company's ad campaigns after finding the beef in a Prego commercial?
- FAMOUS INVENTIONS - What invention, developed in Oklahoma in 1928, originally needed to be hooked up to a parked car's battery?
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- January 13th, 2021 - Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge - Point Ybel Brewing Co. - 7:30 pm EST
- January 14th, 2021 - Know Nonsense Trivia on Twitch - 8 pm EST
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Dylan, Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat's Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Shaun, Lydia, Gil, David, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Ryan, Mollie, Lisa, Alex, Jenny, Spencer, Kaitlynn, Manu, Mo, Matthew, Luc, Hank, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Lucas
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Doug, Kevin and Sara, Tiffany, Allison, Paige, We Do Stuff, Mike S. ,Kenya, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you'd like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click "Support."
- Know Nonsense Trivia returns to Palace Pub and Wine Bar — Know Nonsense Trivia will soon be resuming trivia at Palace Pub & Wine Bar in Cape Coral on a monthly basis. We are currently considering Friday or Saturday nights (around 8pm) for our quizzes. Your feedback is needed!
- Know Nonsense Trivia is creating podcasts | Patreon — Support the show on Patreon!
- knownonsensetrivia - Twitch — Play Know Nonsense Trivia on Wednesday at 7:30pm (pub quiz-style) and Thursdays at 8pm EST (game show-style)!
- Know Nonsense Trivia Podcast | Facebook — Join us on our Facebook group!
- KnowNonsenseTrivia — Join our subreddit!
- Know Nonsense Trivia — Chat and play trivia with us on Discord!
- Trivia Night @ The Point | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Lee on Wednesdays at Point Ybel Brewing Co. in Fort Myers, FL!
- Pangolin — This week's Missed Correction and Rate My Question theme by Pangolin!
- Know Nonsense Trivia returns to Palace Pub and Wine Bar — SWFL folks: would you prefer a Firday or Saturday night monthly quiz at Palace Pub and Wine Bar?