Quizmasters Lee and Marc are joined by Seth and Kyle Anne to ask, suss and answer a general knowledge quiz with topics including Pseudonyms, Religion, Vocabulary, U.S. History, Football, Film Adaptations, Famous Samples, Middle East Geography, Rock Groups, Discontinued Products, Classic Novels, Sports Lingo and more!
- PSEUDONYMS - Wolf Haley is a pseudonym used by what Grammy Award-winning rapper, actor and comedian who was born in 1991?
- RELIGION - Known as the miracle of the five loaves and the two fish, and the only miracle Jesus performed that is reported in the gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, how many people does Jesus feed?
- VOCABULARY - What is happening if you are hirsute?
- SINGLE TERM U.S. PRESIDENTS - Which single-term U.S. President is best known for territorial expansion, securing the Oregon Territory from British claim as well as land ceded by Mexico following the Mexican-American War?
- U.S. HISTORY - The Stonewall Riots, the first man on the moon, and the first Woodstock all famously took place in 1969. In what year did the kidnapping of Patty Hearst, the publication of Carrie (Stephen King's first novel) and the resignation of Richard Nixon all take place?
- FOOTBALL - What football team has the most NFL championships?
- “John Woo directed Mission Impossible II, not Ang Lee. - submitted by Kevin Hunt
- An isosceles triangle is a triangle with two equal sides.
- Joee writes in to expound on saturation diving.
- FILM ADAPTATIONS - What satirical novel was published in 1987 and became a film three years later starring Melanie Griffith?
- FAMOUS SAMPLES - "Funky Drummer" is a single released by James Brown in 1970. Its drum break that was improvised by his drummer is one of the most frequently sampled music recordings. Who is that drummer?
- MIDDLE EAST GEOGRAPHY - What city straddles the Bosporus, a strait that forms the continental divide between Europe and Asia is the only passage from the Black Sea to the Mediterranean via the Sea of Marmara?
- RELIGION - The Martyr's Mirror is an important book in what religious group?
- U.S. HISTORY - In what Southern state was the North American archaic city Poverty Point located?
- POP ROCK - What pop rock band earned a record deal based on a People Magazine review of their 1985 self-produced demo tape?
Rate My Question
- DISCONTINUED PRODUCTS - Produced from 1952-1956, Kent Micronite cigarettes contained what material that filtered out tar "too effectively" and resulted in its discontinuation. However, it caused a string of lawsuits over 20 years later starting in the 1980's. - submitted by Leah
- U.S. HISTORY - In a battle during what war was the largest single day loss of American lives?
- CLASSIC NOVELS - What classic novel was written in 1605 and features a story-within-a-story about a Florentine seducer named "Lothario"?
- SPORTS LINGO - In which sport did the term 'hat trick' originate?
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- January 27th, 2021 - Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge - Point Ybel Brewing Co. - 7:30 pm EST
- January 28st, 2021 - Know Nonsense Trivia on Twitch - 8 pm EST
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat's Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Shaun, Lydia, Gil, David, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Ryan, Mollie, Lisa, Alex, Spencer, Kaitlynn, Manu, Mo, Matthew, Luc, Hank, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Lucas
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Doug, Kevin and Sara, Tiffany, Allison, Paige, We Do Stuff, Mike S., Kenya, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you'd like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click "Support."
- Know Nonsense Trivia is creating podcasts | Patreon — Support the show on Patreon!
- knownonsensetrivia - Twitch — Play Know Nonsense Trivia on Wednesday at 7:30pm (pub quiz-style) and Thursdays at 8pm EST (game show-style)!
- Know Nonsense Trivia Podcast | Facebook — Join us on our Facebook group!
- KnowNonsenseTrivia — Join our subreddit!
- Know Nonsense Trivia — Chat and play trivia with us on Discord!
- Trivia Night @ The Point | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Lee on Wednesdays at Point Ybel Brewing Co. in Fort Myers, FL!
- Lyrics To Go — Marc and Seth's new podcast about bad song lyrics!
- Brent Spiner in the role that made him famous. - YouTube — Brent Spiner on Night Court