Quizmasters Lee and Marc are joined by Max and Dan from the Doubled Feature podcast to ask, suss and answer a general knowledge quiz with topics including 90’s Movies, Vocabulary, NBA, Car Laws, Volcanic Events, Authors, Award Winners, Children’s Game Shows and more!
- EARLY 90’s ACTION MOVIES - John Lithgow plays thief Eric Qualen in which 1993 Sylvester Stallone film that also features Janine Turner and Michael Rooker?
- VOCABULARY - What profession would require you to wear a toque blanche?
- 90’s MOVIES - Which American director, whose brother has a cameo in the movie Hard Target, was brought in by Universal to oversee the shoot and possibly replace director John Woo due to his limited English?
- HOTTIE OF THE WEEK - Originally off of 1978's All Mixed Up, what song is playing when Phoebe Cates takes off her top while exiting the pool in Fast Times At Ridgemont High?
- NBA - How many NBA teams do not represent a city?
- VOLCANIC EVENTS - According to the Smithsonian Institute, where in the United States was the most recent volcanic eruption?
- When trying to suss the occult bird behavoir question from episode 141, Marc was actually close with his guess of Ornomancy, but Ornithomancy would have been better. Still, that would be the greek term (not Roman).
- Saroote writes in to tell us “There is a double birdie in golf but it is better known as an eagle. They are synonymous. Similarly for a double eagle and condor.”
- CAR LAWS - Twenty states including Florida, Kansas, South Carolina, New Mexico, and Ohio don't require cars to have what?
- SCIENCE DEMONSTRATIONS - What is the name of the elephant that Thomas Edison famously executed in a move to prove that alternating current was dangerous?
- 90’s MOVIES - In Last Action Hero, who previously owned the golden ticket Danny uses to see a preview of the new Jack Slater movie?
- AWARD WINNERS - The Pritzker Prize which has been awarded to the likes of Norman Foster, Fumihiko Maki, and Richard Rogers is given for what?
- AUTHORS - What author's famous poet husband claimed to have seen his own doppelganger a few weeks before his famous drowning?
- SONGS THAT ARE ALSO THE MOVIE TITLES - Which Phil Collins song, featured in the movie of the same name, was nominated for an Academy Award in 1985?
Rate My Question
- CHILDREN’S GAME SHOWS - In the classic children's game show "Legends of the Hidden Temple", what two animals are associated with the colour "silver"?
- TECHNICAL TERMS - The first recorded use of the word 'bug' to describe an error or glitch in hardware was made by what Businessman and famous Florida resident?
- CONSPIRACY THEORIES - Getting its name from a town in New York, what is the name for the conspiracy theory that the U.S. government is or has secretly tested time travel?
- BLOCKBUSTER VIDEO - What U.S. state is home to the last Blockbuster video rental store?
- JAMES BOND MOVIES - Yaphet Kotto played the main villain Mr. Big in which James Bond movie?
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- March 22nd, 2021 - Know Nonsense Trivia on Twitch - 8 pm EST
- March 24th, 2021 - Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge - Point Ybel Brewing Co. - 7:30 pm EST
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Kyle, Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat's Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Dylan, Shaun, Lydia, Gil, David, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Jon, Adam, Ryan, Mollie, Lisa, Alex, Spencer, Kaitlynn, Manu, Mo, Matthew, Luc, Hank, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Lucas
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Alex, Doug, Kevin and Sara, Tiffany, Allison, Paige, We Do Stuff, Mike S., Kenya, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you'd like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click "Support."
- knownonsensetrivia - Twitch — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Mondays at 8pm EST (game show-style) and on Wednesday at 7:30pm (pub quiz-style)!
- Know Nonsense Trivia Podcast | Facebook — Join us on our Facebook group!
- KnowNonsenseTrivia — Join our subreddit!
- Know Nonsense Trivia — Chat and play trivia with us on Discord!
- Trivia Night @ The Point | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Lee on Wednesdays at Point Ybel Brewing Co. in Fort Myers, FL!
- Episode #142 playlist | Spotify — A playlist featuring songs mentioned in this episode.
- Doubled Feature (@doubledfeature) / Twitter — The Twitter account for Doubled Feature
- Doubled Feature • A podcast on Anchor — Max and Dan's podcast about twin movies
- The largest land organism is … a fungus | Earth | EarthSky — Dan mentions this fact
- Ford's Anti-Semitism | American Experience | Official Site | PBS
- Shooting an Elephant | The Orwell Foundation — Lee recommends this short story by George Orwell
- Gilbert Gottfried Reads 50 Shades of Grey - YouTube
- The Donald Trump Time Traveler Theory Explained - Wow Article | eBaum's World
- Nerdsday — Max's D&D comic