Quizmasters Lee and Marc are joined by Mike C. and Abbey to ask, suss and answer a general knowledge quiz with topics including Food, Chemistry, Measurements, Deadly Conflicts, Phobias, Modern Art, Geography, Etymology, Medicals Terms, Movies, Animal Lairs, Live Streaming, The Muppets, Controversial Products, Vehicles, Weird Laws and more!
- SEAFOOD - Rollmops is a pickled fillet of what fish, also known as silver darlings, and found particularly in shallow temperate waters in the North Pacific and North Atlantic Oceans?
- CHEMISTRY - In 1913, which scientist first postulated that an atom is made up of a small, dense nucleus surrounded by orbiting electrons?
- MEASUREMENTS - The Hamilton-Norwood scale is used to classify the stages of what?
- DEADLY CONFLICTS - What is the deadliest conflict since World War II, which took place between 1998 and 2003?
- PHOBIAS - Closely related to trypophobia, Steve Jobs suffered from koumpounophobia, the fear of what clothing-related item?
- FRIED FOOD - What food item is derived from the Pennsylvania Dutch treat Drechderkuche and was popularized in the US in the late 19th century as one of the first fried foods in North America?
- 155 - Muhammad Ali passed away in 2016. Not in 1999 or “a few years” after that.I know Lee retracted but A League of Their Own is baseball on a real-life 4x All-American Girls Professional Baseball League champions the Rockford Peaches. - Edsicalz
- 155 - I dunno if it counts as a miscorrection, but it is pronounced "Ren-Oh" (not Renault). Oh and regarding that, I am not sure if Marc is aware, but I always thought that elephants had four knees so I had to look it up and it's actually a factoid and common misconception that they have 4 forward facing knees and the front "knees" are actually a wrist like all other mammals, it just looks more knee-like than in other quadrupeds. - Proverbial Lightkeeper Adam
- 155 - Incidentally, committing "neph" = "kidney" to memory has helped me out a lot in my own trivia experience, much in the same way you guys handled the Ostrich question. - Kevin Hunt
- A KnowNote Voicemail from Alex Patton
- MODERN ART - Known for his Blue Rider Period and his time at The Bauhaus, which Russian painter is considered the pioneer of abstract art?
- U.S. GEOGRAPHY - After Florida, what is the second flattest state in the U.S.?
- SLANG ETYMOLOGY - The term "cancelled" is generally accepted to have been used in the modern form in 1981 in a song called "Your Love Is Cancelled" by what band?
- MEDICAL TERMS - Veseliga is the medical term for what common ailment?
- MOVIES - Voiced by John Cleese in the 1997 film George of the Jungle, George's best friend and adoptive brother is an ape named what?
- ANIMAL HOMES - A holt is the name of a den for what animal?
- LIVE STREAMING - In June 2019, what famous teenage mother was put on birth control after having two of her alleged five deliveries live streamed?
- THE MUPPETS - What is the name of the saxaphone player from The Muppet Show?
Rate My Question
- CONTROVERSIAL PRODUCTS - What product, whose manufacturers are sometimes secretive about who their major buyers are, is thought to be used in jewelry, computer, toothpaste, boats, car industries, as well as by the U.S. military?
- MEDICAL TERMS - Prolactin is a hormone produced by the pituitary gland which causes what to happen?
- VEHICLES - The earliest form of the modern bicycle, the velocipede, was invented in which country, due to horse deaths from crop failure in 1816?
- WEIRD LAWS - Four states have banned billboards. Name three of them.
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- June 30th, 2021 - Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge - Point Ybel Brewing Co. - 7:30 pm EDT
- July 1st, 2021 - Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge - Ollies Pub Records and Beer - 7:30 pm EDT
- June 5th, 2021 - Know Nonsense Trivia MEGAQUIZ on Twitch - 8:00 pm EDT
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Anon, Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat's Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Rick G., Skyler, Dylan, Shaun, Lydia, Gil, David, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Nabeel, Patrick, Jon, Adam, Ryan, Mollie, Lisa, Alex, Spencer, Kaitlynn, Manu, Mo, Matthew, Luc, Hank, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Lucas
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Loren, MJ, Alex, Doug, Kevin and Sara, Tiffany, Allison, Paige, We Do Stuff, Mike S., Kenya, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you'd like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click "Support."
- Know Nonsense Trivia Podcast | Facebook — Join us in our Facebook group!
- KnowNonsenseTrivia — Join our subreddit!
- knownonsensetrivia - Twitch — Play Know Nonsense Trivia on Twitch! Follow us over there to get notifications when we go live!
- Trivia Night @ Point Ybel Brewing Co.! | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Lee on Wednesdays at Point Ybel Brewing Co. in Fort Myers, FL!
- Trivia Night @ Ollies Pub! | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Lee on Wednesdays at Point Ybel Brewing Co. in Fort Myers, FL!
- Nice Guys Pizza Trivia | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Marc on Wednesdays or on Zoom at Nice Guys Pizza in Cape Coral, FL!
- Know Nonsense Trivia | Discord — Chat and play trivia with us on Discord!
- MegaCon Jar Jars by Breshnyda: produced live at MegaCon Orlando 2017 — Brestchneider's Jar Jar period
- exploding pages — Mike and Marc's band
- Airbag knocking hat off man's head