Quizmasters Lee and Marc are joined by Seth and Erik to ask, suss and answer a general knowledge quiz with topics including Quantum Physics, Phobias, Musical Cameos, Epitaphs, Movies, German Language, Fruits, Retro Computers, Geography, Sporting Equipment, State Mottos, Hated Music, Personality Types, Weird Laws, The Bible, Movie Plot Details, Languages, Global Warming and more!
- QUANTUM PHYSICS - Best known for a thought experiment, which Austrian-irish physicist won the nobel prize in 1933 for his pioneering work in quantum mechanics?
- PHOBIAS - Kinemortophobia is a fear of what popular horror movie subject?
- MUSICAL CAMEOS - What 1986 movie starring Josh Brolin featured Red Hot Chili Peppers in the movie as a musical act?
- EPITAPHS - What person was born in Regina, Saskatchewan, in 1926, who has appeared in multiple Abrams/Zucker films, died in 2010 in Ft. Lauderdale FL and whose headstone reads "Let her rip"?
- MOVIES - What two sci-fi movies (now considered classics, directed by John Carpenter and Ridley Scott, respectively) faced overwhelming criticism when they were released on the same day, June 25, 1982?
- GERMAN LANGUAGE - What medical procedure do the Germans call "kaiserschnitt"?
- A remixed version of the Missed Corrections theme by David Holbrook x3.
- FRUITS - What fruit is a hybrid of a mandarin and a pomelo?
- RETRO COMPUTERS - What retro computer by Commodore shipped in 1985, with a 7 MHz Motorola 68000 CPU and 256-512k of RAM?
- GEOGRAPHY - What peninsula, which is almost completely surrounded by the Black Sea and the smaller Sea of Azov to the northeast, is located in the Ukrainian region of Kherson to which it is connect by the isthmus of Perekop and was annexed by Russia in 2015?
- SPORTING EQUIPMENT - What sporting equipment includes parts named belly, nose and skeg?
- STATE MOTTOS - What western U.S. state is the only one with a Spanish motto?
- HATED MUSIC - Which replacement member of Eagles was also a member of Jimmy Buffet's Coral Reefer Band, and coined the term "Parrotheads" for Buffet's fans?
Rate My Question
- PERSONALITY TYPES - Jane Goodall, Adolf Hitler, and George Harrison are said to be which Myers Briggs personality type, which is also the rarest of the 16 types making up about 1% of the population? - submitted by FoxenV
- WEIRD LAWS - Due to the recent heat wave across the North Western US, the state of Oregon has temporarily suspended a law enacted in 1951 preventing people from doing what? - submitted by Alex P.
- THE BIBLE - Onan, a minor character from the book of Genesis, who like his brother Urr, was slain by God as retribution for being evil in the sight of the Lord and disobeying a direct order to not do what?
- GLOBAL WARMING - In 2015, the Paris Agreement replaced what UN-sanctioned international treaty that was signed in 1997 and committed state parties to reduce greenhouse gas emissions?
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- July 5th, 2021 - Know Nonsense Trivia MEGAQUIZ on Twitch - 8:00 pm EDT
- July 7th, 2021 - Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge - Point Ybel Brewing Co. - 7:30 pm EDT
- July 22nd, 2021 - Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge - Ollies Pub Records and Beer - 7:30 pm EDT
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat's Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Skyler, Dylan, Shaun, Lydia, Gil, David, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Nabeel, Patrick, Jon, Adam, Ryan, Mollie, Lisa, Alex, Spencer, Kaitlynn, Manu, Mo, Matthew, Luc, Hank, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Lucas
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Alex, Doug, Kevin and Sara, Tiffany, Allison, Paige, We Do Stuff, Mike S., Kenya, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you'd like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click "Support."
- Know Nonsense Trivia Podcast | Facebook — Join us in our Facebook group!
- KnowNonsenseTrivia — Join our subreddit!
- knownonsensetrivia - Twitch — Play Know Nonsense Trivia on Twitch! Follow us over there to get notifications when we go live!
- Trivia Night @ Point Ybel Brewing Co.! | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Lee on Wednesdays at Point Ybel Brewing Co. in Fort Myers, FL!
- Trivia Night @ Ollies Pub! | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Lee on Wednesdays at Point Ybel Brewing Co. in Fort Myers, FL!
- Nice Guys Pizza Trivia | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Marc on Wednesdays or on Zoom at Nice Guys Pizza in Cape Coral, FL!
- Know Nonsense Trivia | Discord — Chat and play trivia with us on Discord!
- Lyrics To Go — Marc's other podcast with Seth!
- FART MACHINE EARLY LETTERMAN APPEARANCE - YouTube
- Famicom Data Recorder - Wikipedia — A cassette-based programming device mentioned by Erik