Quizmasters Lee and Marc are joined by Justin and Erin to ask, suss and answer a general knowledge quiz with topics including Landmarks, Marvel Comics, Band Side Projects, Board Games, Comic Strips, TV Theme Songs, Disney Movies, Symbols, Geography, Soft Drinks, Soda Brands, Naval Terms, Politics, Edible Plants, Video Game Characters, Disney Movies, Baseball, Fast Food, Computer Software and more!
- LANDMARKS - What resort and luxury hotel in Las Vegas is known for its dancing fountains?
- MARVEL COMICS - In Marvel Comics, what is the public name used by The Avenger Hercules?
- BAND SIDE PROJECTS - RNDM, Brad, The Rockfords, Wellwater Conspiracy, Ten Commandos, Drumgasm and Nighttime Boogie Association are just a few of the side projects of members of what 90's rock band?
- BOARD GAMES - Sold by Hasbro subsidiary Milton bradley in the U.S. and Canada and Mattel subsidiary Spears game in every other country, what color is the center square on a traditional Scrabble board?
- COMIC STRIPS - Appearing in over 2,570 newspapers around the globe, what comic strip does Guinness World Records recognize as the most syndicated?
- TV THEME SONGS - “Iron John’s Rock” is the title of the theme song to what sitcom, which debuted on ABC on September 17, 1991?
- On Reddit, Edsicalz chiming in on a follow up to a question on Episode #163 - Can’t remember if it was mentioned but the awesome broth/sauce that is paired with birria tacos is commonly referred to as consommé.
- BEEF TIME - Lee referring to a Snowman as a sculpture is beefy.
- DISNEY MOVIES - What 1971 Disney musical fantasy film won an Academy Award for Best Visual Effects after being shelved for almost a decade for being too close in concept to Mary Poppins?
- SYMBOLS - Arobase in French or Arroba in Spanish and Portuguese are names given to what symbol?
- GEOGRAPHY - Italy is accessible from France via a roadway tunnel under what mountain in the Alps range (the Highest in Western Europe)?
- SOFT DRINKS - What soft drink was the first offered in 2-liter bottles?
- SODA BRANDS - What caffeinated citrus-flavored soda produced by Dr. Pepper Snapple Group was sold as “Golden Girl Cola” in the Southern United States and includes orange juice as an ingredient?
- NAVAL TERMS - What does a sailor have to do to become a shell back?
- POLITICS - What presidential candidate was lambasted for a $400 haircut during the 2008 election?
Rate My Question
- EDIBLE PLANTS - This favorite spring plant of foragers has been known to cause nausea and diarrhea if not cooked properly. However when prepared perfect it will have you singing from the rooftops. - submitted by Joe
- VIDEO GAME CHARACTERS - Shared by a 20th century President of the US and a boy band member, what are the first names of the two soldiers in the 1987 Konami title "Contra"? - submitted by A-A-Ron
- DISNEY MOVIES - What is the name of the antagonist in the Hunchback of Notre Dame?
- BASEBALL - The Seattle Pilots played one Major League Baseball season in 1969. Just six days before opening day the following season in 1970, the team up and relocated across the country what city?
- FAST FOOD - Colonel Sanders hired what future fast food founder to bolstered KFC sales in Ohio, which worked when the person had the idea to put chicken in buckets and promoting it with a giant, rotating red and white bucket on the sign?
- COMPUTER SOFTWARE - Forethought, Inc. was the original company that built what program purchased by Microsoft for 14 million dollars, beating out the likes of Apple and Xerox?
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- August 23rd, 2021 - Know Nonsense Trivia MEGAQUIZ on Twitch - 8:00 pm EDT
- August 25th, 2021 - Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge - Point Ybel Brewing Co. - 7:30 pm EDT
- August 26th, 2021 - Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge - Ollies Pub Records and Beer - 7:30 pm EDT
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat's Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Skyler, Dylan, Shaun, Lydia, Gil, David, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Moo, Tim, Nabeel, Patrick, Jon, Adam, Ryan, Mollie, Lisa, Alex, Spencer, Kaitlynn, Manu, Mo, Matthew, Luc, Hank, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Lucas
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Hbomb, Alex, Doug, Kevin and Sara, Tiffany, Allison, Paige, We Do Stuff, Mike S., Kenya, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you'd like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click "Support."
- Know Nonsense Trivia Podcast | Facebook — Join us in our Facebook group!
- /r/KnowNonsenseTrivia — Join our subreddit!
- knownonsensetrivia | Twitch — Play Know Nonsense Trivia on Twitch! Follow us over there to get notifications when we go live!
- Trivia Night @ Point Ybel Brewing Co.! | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Lee on Wednesdays at Point Ybel Brewing Co. in Fort Myers, FL!
- Trivia Night @ Ollies Pub! | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Lee on Wednesdays at Point Ybel Brewing Co. in Fort Myers, FL!
- Nice Guys Pizza Trivia | Facebook — Play Nice Guys Pizza Trivia Live with Marc on Wednesdays or on Zoom at Nice Guys Pizza in Cape Coral, FL!
- Know Nonsense Trivia | Discord — Chat and play trivia with us on Discord!
- Know Nonsense Trivia is creating podcasts | Patreon — Support the show on Patreon!
- Justin Peterson (@justinpeterson) • Instagram photos and videos — Check out Justin Peterson's Instagram for face-melting art!
- Erin Sullivan (@erinsullivan) • Instagram photos and videos — Erin Sullivan on Instagram (Fashion, Sewing, Tiki)
- Rolos Jingle Writing | Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job! | Adult Swim - YouTube — Lee and Marc reference this Tim and Eric sketch