Quizmasters Lee and Marc are joined by Kyle Anne to meet to ask, suss and answer a general knowledge quiz with topics including Birthstones, Starring Roles, Mythological Creatures, Art Museums, Curses, Holidays, Entomology, Fast Food Menu Items, Album Covers and more!
- BIRTHSTONES - Amethyst is the birthstone of which month?
- ALSO KNOWN AS… - Irish musician David Evans is better known by what name?
- PERFORMANCE GEAR - Based on the Hungarian word for “peak”, a shako is an item of clothing commonly worn during what kind of musical performance?
- STARRING ROLES - The 1993 film What's Love Got to Do With It starred which actress as Tina Turner?
- FAMOUS CHARACTERS - Performers Judith Hoag (1990), Paige Turco (1991 and 1993), Megan Fox (2014 and 2016) and by Malina Weissman have all portrayed which pop culture character who first debuted in a 1984 comic book?
- MYTHOLOGICAL CREATURES - What is the name for a mythical dragon with two legs and a barbed tail?
- ART MUSEUMS - The Institute of Arts in what American city almost had to auction off its collection of paintings and sculptures to pay debts when it went into bankruptcy?
- CURSES - Sometimes known as the Chamberlain Curse, what English expression is thought to be related to the Chinese expression “Better to be a dog in times of tranquility than a human in times of chaos”?
- HOLIDAYS - Vesak is a holiday celebrating the birth of what deity?
- ENTOMOLOGY - The Figeater beetle and European chafer are also known by what common name (which is also a nickname for professional racecar driver Dale Earnhardt, Jr.)?
- FAST FOOD MENU ITEMS - What fast food eatery introduced mac and cheetos in 2016?
- ARTISTS - What performance and conceptual artist wrote and directed the films Me and You and Everyone We Know (2005), The Future (2011) and 2020’s Gajillionaire, and who also authored the novel The First Bad Man (2015)?
- MOTTOS - Adopted in 1927, what news organization adopted the motto "Nation shall speak peace unto nation"?
- ALBUM COVERS - Produced by T. Bone Burnett, what 1993 album cover features handwritten lyrics to its title song (which does not actually appear on the album)?
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- September 29th, 2021 - Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge - Point Ybel Brewing Co. - 7:30 pm EDT
- September 30th, 2021 - Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge - Ollies Pub Records and Beer - 7:30 pm EDT
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat's Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Skyler, Dylan, Shaun, Lydia, Gil, David, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Moo, Tim, Nabeel, Patrick, Jon, Adam, Ryan, Mollie, Lisa, Alex, Spencer, Kaitlynn, Manu, Mo, Matthew, Luc, Hank, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Lucas
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Hbomb, Alex, Doug, Kevin and Sara, Tiffany, Allison, Paige, We Do Stuff, Mike S., Kenya, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you'd like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click "Support."
- Know Nonsense Trivia Podcast Episode 166: Literal Couch Potato — Join us in our Facebook group!
- r/KnowNonsenseTrivia — Join our subreddit!
- knownonsensetrivia - Twitch — Play Know Nonsense Trivia on Twitch! Follow us over there to get notifications when we go live!