Quizmasters Lee and Marc welcome Jamie for a general knowledge holiday quiz on topics surrounding Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, and other aspects of the holiday season!
- CHRISTMAS TRADITIONS - The Christmas tree was first popularised in 19th-century England under which Queen?
- KWANZAA - How many candles are used to celebrate Kwanzaa?
- HOLIDAY SYMBOLS - Ilex aquifolium is the scientific name of what symbol of the holiday season?
- CHRISTMAS SONGS - What Christmastime song about having a carefree day in the snow was originally written in the 1930's as a poem by a young man named Richard Smith who was suffering from and ultimately succumbed to tuberculosis?
- NATIONAL LAMPOON’S CHRISTMAS VACATION - In what year was National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation released?
- NATIONAL LAMPOON’S CHRISTMAS VACATION - May Questial, who played Aunt Bethany in National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, was the voice of which iconic cartoon character?
- HANUKKAH CELEBRATIONS - In which two boroughs in New York City would you find the largest Hanukkiahs in the world?
- CHRISTMAS TREATS - Emerging in America by way of Pennsylvania German immigrants, what holiday treat’s popularity first arose in the early 1800’s and was inspired by a well-known Grimm’s Fairy Tale?
- JAPANESE CHRISTMAS - What Western fast food chain offers Japanese customers a full-fledged Christmas dinner, a massively popular culinary tradition for the last 30 years?
- CHRISTMAS DRINKS - What holiday drink’s name originated from the Old Norse for "be in good health"?
- THE GRINCH - The Grinch lives in a cave on top of which mountain that overlooks Whoville and shares its name with a British type of bread?
- CHRISTMAS MOVIES - In the popular holiday movie A Christmas Story, what is the name of the neighbor family that owns 785 smelly hound dogs (much to the chagrin of Ralphie's father?
- CHRISTMAS SONGS - What popular Christmas song, released in 1952, was condemned and banned by the archdiocese of Boston and the Catholic Church at large for promoting adultery?
- CHRISTMAS CAROLS - What 19th century Christmas carol's author was unknown and often misattributed to Haydn, Mozart and Beethoven until 1995 when an 1820 manuscript was discovered written in author Joseph Mohr's own handwriting?
- CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY - What President, the 18th, was the first person to make Christmas a federal holiday?
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- December 22nd, 2021 - Know Nonsense Challenge - Point Ybel Brewing Co. - 7:30 pm EDT
- December 23rd, 2021 - Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge - Ollies Pub Records and Beer - 7:30 pm EDT
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Brandon, Issa, Adam V., Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat's Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Captain Nick, Grant, Mo, Jenny, Rick G., Skyler, Dylan, Shaun, Lydia, Gil, David, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Robb, Rachael, Rikki, Jon Lewis, Moo, Tim, Nabeel, Patrick, Jon, Adam B., Ryan, Mollie, Lisa, Alex, Spencer, Kaitlynn, Manu, Matthew, Luc, Hank, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Lucas
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Sarah, FoxenV, Laurel, A-A-Ron, Loren, Hbomb, Alex, Doug, Kevin and Sara, Tiffany, Allison, Paige, We Do Stuff, Kenya, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C., Mike. K
If you'd like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click "Support."
- Know Nonsense Trivia is creating podcasts | Patreon — Support the show on Patreon!
- Know Nonsense Trivia | Discord — Chat and play trivia with us on Discord!
- r/KnowNonsenseTrivia — Chat and play trivia with us on Discord!
- Trivia Night @ Point Ybel Brewing Co.! | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Lee on Wednesdays at Point Ybel Brewing Co. in Fort Myers, FL!
- Trivia Night @ Ollies Pub! | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Lee on Thursdays at Ollie's Pub in Cape Coral, FL!
- Nice Guys Pizza Trivia | Facebook — Play Nice Guys Pizza Trivia Live with Marc on Wednesdays or on Zoom at Nice Guys Pizza in Cape Coral, FL!
- Lyrics To Go — Marc and Seth's podcast about bad or misunderstood song lyrics!
- Electric Six - "You're A Mean One, Mr. Grinch" - YouTube