Quizmasters Lee and Marc are joined by Southwest Florida public radio personalities Mike Kiniry and John Davis for a general knowledge quiz on topics including Famous Inventors, Theme Songs, Food Law, Dance, Defunct Airlines, Sports Terms, Character Actors and more!
- FAMOUS INVENTORS - Who is known for inventing the electric telegraph?
- U.S. HISTORY - Which President was the father of the only child of a President to be killed in combat over France on Bastille Day of 1918?
- THEME SONGS - What popular country rock band that got their start in the early 70's created the theme song to the 1978 BBC Radio Drama Production Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy?
- THE BIBLE - In the Bible Old Testament book of Second Kings, when Jezebel is pushed from a window to her death and eaten by dogs, what parts of her body remained when they went to bury her?
- NICK AT NITE - From 1989 to 1998, what radio personality hosted Nick at Nite's annual New Year's Eve Countdown special (featuring the year’s best episodes determined by viewers)?
- FOOD LAW - After 72 years, the FDA has finally decided that what dressing no longer needs to be regulated by federal standards?
- ASTRONOMY - The plains on Pluto's surface are composed of more than 98% ice of what element?
- DANCE - Chubby Checker, Smokey Robinson and the Isley Brothers popularized what 60's dance shares its name with an African tribe also known for its dance traditions?
- X-MEN - In X2, the X-Men movie, the mutant hero Nightcrawler says that before joining the X-Men, he performed in the circus of what German city which also hosted the 1972 Summer Olympic Games?
- ENERGY - What isotope, which is extremely rare on Earth (but is extremely abundant on the moon), would be a perfect clean energy source once they figure out nuclear fusion?
- DEFUNCT AIRLINES - What airline, in operation from 1926 and headquartered in Miami, announced its bankruptcy in January of 1991?
- CANADA - What is the name of the northernmost, largest and least populous territory of Canada?
Rate My Question
- SPORTS TERMS - In contact sports such as Rugby or American Football, what is the common name for a pass intended for a teammate who is surrounded by opponents ready for vicious tackles, and may foreshadow where that teammate is going after the play?
- CHARACTER ACTORS - The actor who played the villain in the classic 80's science fiction film Highlander also voices what character from an extremely popular and long-running cartoon? AMERICAN LITERATURE - The "F." in the name of American novelist, essayist and writer F. Scott Fitzgerald's name is short for what?
- BLUEGRASS ARTISTS - What musician is known for having revolutionized the dominant banjo-picking style in Bluegrass music (from a five-finger style to three-)?
- MEDICAL TERMS - Singultus is the medical name for what?
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- January 26th, 2022 - Know Nonsense Challenge - Point Ybel Brewing Co. - 7:30 pm EDT
- January 27th, 2022 - Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge - Ollies Pub Records and Beer - 7:30 pm EDT
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Brandon, Issa, Adam V., Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat's Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Captain Nick, Grant, Mo, Jenny, Rick G., Skyler, Dylan, Shaun, Lydia, Gil, David, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Justin M., Robb, Rikki, Jon Lewis, Moo, Tim, Nabeel, Patrick, Jon, Adam B., Ryan, Mollie, Lisa, Alex, Spencer, Kaitlynn, Manu, Matthew, Luc, Hank, Justin P., Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Lucas
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Megan, Christopher, Brandon, Sarah, FoxenV, Laurel, A-A-Ron, Loren, Hbomb, Alex, Doug, Kevin and Sara, Tiffany, Allison, Paige, We Do Stuff, Kenya, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C., Mike. K
If you'd like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click "Support."
Quizmasters Lee and Marc meet for a bonus general knowledge quiz on topics including Birthstones, Sports, Movies, Celebrities, Musicals, 90’s Memes and more, exclusively for our supporters!
- Know Nonsense Trivia is creating podcasts | Patreon — Support the show on Patreon!
- Know Nonsense Trivia Podcast Merch — Pick up shirts, stickers and more from our official merch store!
- Know Nonsense Trivia | Discord — Chat and play trivia with us on Discord!
- r/KnowNonsenseTrivia | Reddit — Join our subreddit!
- Trivia Night @ Point Ybel Brewing Co.! | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Lee on Wednesdays at Point Ybel Brewing Co. in Fort Myers, FL!
- Trivia Night @ Ollies Pub! | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Lee on Thursdays at Ollie's Pub in Cape Coral, FL!
- Nice Guys Pizza Trivia | Facebook — Play Nice Guys Pizza Trivia Live with Marc on Wednesdays or on Zoom at Nice Guys Pizza in Cape Coral, FL!
- Three Song Stories : NPR — Mike's podcast and radio show!
- I Can Do It Without Lips - YouTube
- Strindberg and Helium