In this episode of the Know Nonsense Trivia Podcast, Quizmasters Lee & Marc talk about the merits of a balanced quiz, as well as themed quizzes, while fielding some listener questions (as well as their own!)
- First hosted by Bill Cullen, what is the longest continuously running game show in television history?
- What popluar American toy line is referred to as "Action Man" in the UK?
- Acey-Deucy is a variation on what board game, gaining popularity after WWI in the US Navy and Marine Corps?
- What are the names of the four members of the rock band KISS?
- In the Barnes & Barnes novelty rock classic featured on Saturday Night Live and Dr. Demento in 1980, what are identified as being "roly poly?"
- Who are the only two men to sign the Declaration of Independence and to become President of the United States?
- Which playwrite wrote The Crucible?
- What bright color tubular flowers attract hummingbirds to your garden? They also shares a name with a 1964 spy film.
- Who assassinated Martin Luther King Jr.?
- Between what two letters can you find an arrow in the logo of a popular shipping company, symbolizing speed and precision according to the logo designers?
- What is the name of Doc Brown's dog in the movie Back to the Future?
- What 1992 film stars Meryl Streep and Goldie Hawn as magically immortal rivals who fight to grotesque lengths over a fully-coifed Bruce Willis?
- An ancient mound site that at the age of 5,400 years old predates the Egyptian pyramids and England's Stonehenge, Watson Brake is located in which U.S. state?
- In what year did Rick Allen, the drummer of Def Leopard, lose his arm?
- Who originated the "Wall of Sound" record production technique?
Listener Submitted Questions
- How do you determine if a piece of trivia is too hard? - Anthony, Cape Coral, FL
- Mike from Fort Myers wonders if Marc believe Wilt Chamberlain is white? No, he was referring to the race of the person in the NBA logo (Jerry West).
- Is the Pilsbury Dough Boy's scarf always white? Mike from Fort Myers points out that The Pilsbury Dough Boy is sometimes depicted with a blue bandana, contrary to the claim in the previous episode that his bandana is white. Final verdict: The Pilsbury Dough Boy is typically depicted with a white bandana. Question should be modified with "typically" or "mostly" qualifier.
Rate My Question
- In the year 1900, famous automotive borthers Eduard and Andre created a travel guide to indrectly promote sales of their not yet popular product. Being the oldest of its kind, this guide eventually blossomed into the presenter of this top honor for select establishment's excellence in thier industry. - Drew, Fort Myers, FL
- Support the Know Nonsense Trivia Podcast on Patreon! — Gain access to exclusive bonus content immediately!
- Know Nonsense Trivia Podcast Merch — Get a Know Nonsense Trivia Podcast T-shirt, designed by Lee!