April 18th, 2022
1 hr 4 mins
About this Episode
Quizmasters Lee and Marc meet for a trivia quiz on topics including Classic Television, Natural History, Geography, Architecture, Food, Fantasy Football, Animals, History and more!
- CLASSIC TELEVISION - Which writer first gained fame with Patterns in 1955, a TV play that was the first television drama to ever be repeated due to popularity, and would later write 92 of the original 156 episodes of the The Twilight Zone?
- NATURAL HISTORY - Scrotum Humanum was the first what to have a description and illustration in the Natural History of Oxfordshire in 1676?
- ANATOMY - With a name translating from Latin into English as “little belly”, what is the term for either bottom chamber of the heart?
- GEOGRAPHY - Kampuchea is an alternative name for what Asian country?
- ARCHITECTURE - Daniel Burnham is best known for designing what triangular 22-story National Historical Landmark which is located on 5th and Broadway in New York City and was originally known as the Fuller Building?
- POP MUSIC - The hit song "Take Me Out" by Franz Ferdinand was partially inspired by what 2001 World War II movie?
- GARAGE ITEMS - Found in most garages, ethylene glycol is better known as a basic what?
- FANTASY FOOTBALL - The first private and public fantasy football drafts both occurred during the 1960's in which California city (and were arranged by individuals with financial interests in that city’s NFL team)?
- FOOD - Pigs blood, fat, pearl barley, wheat and oatmeal are ingredients of what type of blood sausage, originating in Great Britain and Ireland?
- ANIMALS - Pan troglodytes is the scientific name for what social and endangered animal that can be found in the forest of Africa's Congo Basin?
- CANDY - Opal Fruits was the original name of what candy?
- FAMOUS SONGS - What song was reportedly Jim Steinman‘s tryout as a lyricist for Andrew Lloyd Webber, was made into a 1996 double-platinum hit by Celine Dion and was covered a decade later as a duet featuring Meatloaf and Marion Raven on Bat Out of hell III?
- U.S. HISTORY - Which prominent figure in US history led the Combahee Ferry Raid in 1863, becoming the first woman to lead a major military operation in the US during the Civil War?
- RESTAURANTS - Prior to 2013, what restaurant chain was the largest purchaser of kale in the United States?
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- April 20th, 2022 - Know Nonsense Challenge - Point Ybel Brewing Co. - 7:30 pm EDT
- April 21st, 2022 - Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge - OOPS! All Podcast Questions - Ollies Pub Records and Beer - 7:30 pm EDT
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Gil, Brandon, Adam V., Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat's Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Matthew, Captain Nick, Grant, Mo, Jenny, Rick G., Skyler, Dylan, Lydia, Gil, David, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Trent, Justin M., Robb, Rikki, Jon Lewis, Moo, Tim, Nabeel, Patrick, Jon, Adam B., Ryan, Mollie, Lisa, Alex, Spencer, Kaitlynn, Manu, Luc, Hank, Justin P., Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Lucas
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Issa, Nathan, Sai, Cara, Megan, Christopher, Brandon, Sarah, FoxenV, Laurel, A-A-Ron, Loren, Hbomb, Alex, Doug, Kevin and Sara, Tiffany, Allison, Paige, We Do Stuff, Kenya, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C., Mike. K
If you'd like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click "Support."
Quizmasters Lee and Marc meet for a bonus general knowledge quiz on topics including Birthstones, Sports, Movies, Celebrities, Musicals, 90’s Memes and more, exclusively for our supporters!
- Know Nonsense Trivia is creating podcasts | Patreon — Support the show on Patreon! Access bonus content! 15% off annual memberships!
- Know Nonsense Trivia Podcast Merch — Pick up shirts, stickers and more from our official merch store!
- Know Nonsense Trivia | Discord — Chat and play trivia with us on Discord!
- r/KnowNonsenseTrivia | Reddit — Join our subreddit!
- Trivia Night @ Point Ybel Brewing Co.! | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Lee on Wednesdays at Point Ybel Brewing Co. in Fort Myers, FL!
- Trivia Night @ Ollies Pub! | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Lee on Thursdays at Ollie's Pub in Cape Coral, FL!
- Nice Guys Pizza Trivia | Facebook — Play Nice Guys Pizza Trivia Live with Marc on Wednesdays or on Zoom at Nice Guys Pizza in Cape Coral, FL!
- Lyrics To Go: 70 - Breakfast At Tiffany's — Marc melts down over the lyrics to Breakfast At Tiffany's