April 25th, 2022
1 hr 2 mins 10 secs
About this Episode
Quizmasters Lee and Marc meet for a trivia quiz on topics including Literature, Food, Geography, Anatomy, Movies, Sports, Philosophy, Mythology, Classic TV and more!
- LITERATURE - Don Diego's secret identity, Zorro, is the Spanish word for what animal?
- FOOD AND BOOKS - What kind of fried sandwich is named for a classic 1844 novel whose title character regularly smokes hashish (a behavior pulled from the novel's author Alexandre Dumas real life)?
- GEOGRAPHY - Baku, the largest city on the Caspian Sea, and home to a Formula 1 Grand Prix since 2017, is the capital of what country?
- ANATOMY - Used primarily for hip extension, what is the name of the largest muscle in the human body?
- 80’s MOVIES - Disorderlies was a 1987 comedy movie starring what rap group?
- NFL STARS - Which former NFL middle-linebacker, who has an award given in his name annually to top linebackers, would go on to become one of the first celebrities to be featured in a Super Bowl ad, endorsed Prestone antifreeze in the 70's, Miller Lite in the 80's and the Qwik-Cook Grill in the 90's?
- PHILOSOPHY - Roman emperor Marcus Aurelius, whose influential writings were titled Meditations after his death, is known for his association with what school of philosophy?
- MYTHOLOGY - Which Goddess, daughter of Metis and Zeus, sprung from her father's head whilst he was wearing a full suit of armor?
- ANIMALS - The ancient Aztecs referred to the armadillo as "āyōtōchtli", which is a word that combines "ayotl" and "tochtli", the Nahuatl names for which two creatures?
- TENNIS - Yvon Petra was the last man to wear what in a Wimbledon final?
- COLLECTABLES - What is the term amongst collectors for Hot Wheels produced within the first ten years of the brand's history that is named for a cosmetic tire detail unique to the production period?
- BOXING - In what state is the Boxing Hall of Fame located?
- LATIN TERMS - What popular term means "bountiful mother" in Latin?
- CLASSIC TV - What guitar-playing character, created by cartoonist Bob Montana, had their own musical animated TV show for one season from 1968-1969 that was re-aired in eight formats under various titles until 1978, produced six spinoffs television series and a Billboard #1 hit?
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- April 27th, 2022 - Know Nonsense Challenge - Point Ybel Brewing Co. - 7:30 pm EDT
- April 28th, 2022 - Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge - OOPS! All Podcast Questions - Ollies Pub Records and Beer - 7:30 pm EDT
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Gil, Brandon, Adam V., Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat's Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Matthew, Captain Nick, Grant, Mo, Jenny, Rick G., Skyler, Dylan, Lydia, Gil, David, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Trent, Justin M., Robb, Rikki, Jon Lewis, Moo, Tim, Nabeel, Patrick, Jon, Adam B., Ryan, Mollie, Lisa, Alex, Spencer, Kaitlynn, Manu, Luc, Hank, Justin P., Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Lucas
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Issa, Nathan, Sai, Cara, Megan, Christopher, Brandon, Sarah, FoxenV, Laurel, A-A-Ron, Loren, Hbomb, Alex, Doug, Kevin and Sara, Tiffany, Allison, Paige, We Do Stuff, Kenya, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C., Mike. K
If you'd like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click "Support."
- Know Nonsense Trivia is creating podcasts | Patreon — Support the show on Patreon! Access bonus content! 15% off annual memberships!
- Know Nonsense Trivia Podcast Merch — Pick up shirts, stickers and more from our official merch store!
- Know Nonsense Trivia | Discord — Chat and play trivia with us on Discord!
- r/KnowNonsenseTrivia | Reddit — Join our subreddit!
- Trivia Night @ Point Ybel Brewing Co.! | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Lee on Wednesdays at Point Ybel Brewing Co. in Fort Myers, FL!
- Trivia Night @ Ollies Pub! | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Lee on Thursdays at Ollie's Pub in Cape Coral, FL!
- Nice Guys Pizza Trivia | Facebook — Play Nice Guys Pizza Trivia Live with Marc on Wednesdays or on Zoom at Nice Guys Pizza in Cape Coral, FL!
- Daily quiz game / Quizl — A daily quiz game Quizmaster Lee has been playing lately