Quizmasters Lee and Marc are joined by several returning guests for a trivia quiz with topics including Movies, Medical Terms, Famous Brands, Fictional & Historical Animals, Sports, Pro Wrestling and more!
- MOVIES & ANIME - Which critically acclaimed 1997 anime film directed by Satoshi Kon inspired Darren Aronofsky to make his 2010 thriller Black Swan?
- MEDICAL - Emesis is the medical term for doing what, which in certain conditions can cause a Mallory-Weiss tear?
- 90'S MOVIES - In Con Air, an airplane was flown into the lobby of what iconic Las Vegas hotel, on account of it being scheduled to be demolished in order to build the Venetian hotel in its place?
- LAW ENFORCEMENT - Named after an aquatic sea creature, what infamous device used by law enforcement agencies in sting operations and protests, which functions by monitoring cell phone radiation cell phone transmissions?
- SOCCER - Nicknamed "The Land of Volcanoes", which country is the current champion of the CONCACAF Beach Soccer Championship?
- MOVIE ADAPTATIONS - According to Slate.com, William Shakespeare had 831 writing credits on IMDB from film and TV adapted from his work as of 2011. What Russian writer was listed second with 320?
- PRO WRESTLING - In 1992, what former pro-football player defeated Vader with a snap scoop powerslam to become the first ever black American World Heavyweight Champion in professional wrestling history?
- BOTANY - Dionaea muscipula, a heavily-poached plant native to areas in the Carolinas, is commonly known by what name?
- PRO WRESTLING - The very nice, very evil, very famous wrestler Danhausen of his friends and foes over the span of his career, including the tooth of which former 'Ready to Rumble' World Heavyweight champion?
- AUTO MANUFACTURERS - Originally founded as Nakajima Aircraft Company, which automaker is named after the Japanese name for the Pleats?
- LITERATURE & FASHION - What is the name for the type of hunting headgear worn as a hat by detective character Sherlock Holmes?
- BUSINESS - What variety store began in 1939, has become one of the most profitable stores in the United States, with revenue reaching around $27 billion in 2019 and became became the exclusive retailer of Rexall vitamins and supplements?
- FAMOUS CHARACTERS - Stephanie Courtney is the real name of the actress who plays what iconic character first introduced to the public in 2008?
- MOTORCYCLES - In 1903, Harley Davidson motorcycle began production of its iconic motorcycle in Milwaukee, WI. Production remained there until EU tariffs forced them to move production overseas production in what year?
- BEER BRANDS - Zima was introduced in 1993 by which American brewing company?
- STATE BIRDS - The Northern Cardinal is the most popular state with six states claiming it; name two of them.
- MOVIE DOGS - What are the names of four dog characters that Tim Burton has created for his horror films Nightmare Before Christmas, Mars Attacks, the Corpse Bride and Frankenweenie?
- HISTORICAL DOGS - Julianna was a dog who received two Blue Cross medals during World War II (even peeing on a bomb, disarming it) was of what breed?
- LANGUAGE - The term 'android' is a gender-specific term for a robot with a male appearance. What is the term for a robot with a female appearance?
- HARRY POTTER - In Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Hagrid breeds an illegal hybrid of a Firecrab and a Manticore that the fourth years must take care of; what is the name of that type of creature?
- GRAPHIC NOVELS - What was the name of the one and only graphic novel written by William S. Burroughs?
- PRO WRESTLING - Who was the first transperson to win a major wrestling championship belt?
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- June 29th, 2022 - Know Nonsense Challenge - Point Ybel Brewing Co. - 7:30 pm EST
- June 30th, 2022 - Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge - Ollie’s Pub Records and Beer - 7:30 pm EST
- July 16th, 2022 - Quizgardium Triviosa! A Potterverse Pub Quiz - Point Ybel Brewing Co. - 6:00 pm EST
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Gil, Tim, Tommy, Adam, Brandon
- Thank you, Team Captains – Kristin & Fletcher, Aaron, Matthew, David Holbrook, Mo, Lydia, Rick G, Skyler
Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Elyse, Kaitlynn, Frank, Trent, Nina, Justin, Katie, Ryan, Robb, Captain Nick, Grant, Ian, Tim Gomez, Rachael, Moo, Rikki, Nabeel, Jon Lewis, Adam, Lisa, Spencer, Luc, Hank, Manu, Justin P., Cooper, Sarah, Karly, Lucas
Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Mike J., Mike C., Efren, Steven, Kenya, Dallas, Issa, Paige, Allison, Kevin & Sara, Alex, Mike K., Loren, MJ, HBomb, Aaron, Laurel, FoxenV, Sarah, Edsicalz, Megan, brandon, Chris, Alec, Sai, Nathan, Tim
If you'd like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click "Support."
- Know Nonsense Trivia is creating podcasts | Patreon — Support the show on Patreon! Access bonus content! 15% off annual memberships!
- Know Nonsense Trivia Podcast Merch — Pick up shirts, stickers and more from our official merch store!
- Know Nonsense Trivia | Discord — Chat and play trivia with us on Discord!
- r/KnowNonsenseTrivia | Reddit — Join our subreddit!
- Trivia Night @ Point Ybel Brewing Co.! | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Lee on Wednesdays at Point Ybel Brewing Co. in Fort Myers, FL!
- Trivia Night @ Ollies Pub! | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Lee on Thursdays at Ollie's Pub in Cape Coral, FL!
- Nice Guys Pizza Trivia | Facebook — Play Nice Guys Pizza Trivia Live with Marc on Wednesdays or on Zoom at Nice Guys Pizza in Cape Coral, FL!
- Shell Games Entertainment | Facebook — Dallas' entertainment company
- All My Favorite Things From The Screen - YouTube — Dallas' Podcast on YouTube
- Bee Movie by DreamJerks Podcast - Every DreamWorks Film
- jonlewis - Twitch
- Pangolin Presents: The Family Ghouls EP | Pangolin
- Music | The Shytunas
- Lyrics To Go