July 11th, 2022
1 hr 21 mins 17 secs
About this Episode
Quizmasters Lee and Marc meet for a trivia quiz with topics including History, Television, Cocktails, Etymology, Musical Instruments Cosmetics, Snack Origins and more!
- STRANGER THINGS - On Stranger Things, members of the Hellfire Club meet regularly to participate in what activity?
- COCKTAILS - What spirit is used to make a Harvey Wallbanger?
- LITERATURE - What is the name of the lost love mentioned repeatedly in Edgar Allen Poe's classic poem The Raven?
- TELEVISION - "Whine Club" and "The Last Time I Saw Meris" are episodes of what TV show?
- OLD MAN STUFF - The word 'ham' in ham radio is short for what (with regards to its practitioners' skills)?
- ETYMOLOGY - What term, meaning "mate" or "colleague" derives from the Spanish or Portuguese word meaning "chamber mate"?
- MAGICIANS - What magician is known for his TV and stage show titled Mindfreak?
- MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS - What is the term for a flute that is not shaped like a tube whose modern incarnation was first developed in Italy in the mid-19th century?
- COSMETICS - Which cosmetics company was originally named the California Perfume Co.?
- SNACK ORIGINS - In 2018, Nabisco redesigned its packaging for what product based on public criticism spearheaded by PETA?
- CAMEOS - Which actor, whose won four Golden Globes and two Academy Awards (one for acting and one for producing) is the voice of Stan's gay dog Sparky on the television series South Park?
- U.S. NAVAL BATTLES - What European country was the U.S.'s ally during the First Barbary War?
Rate My Question
- POP MUSIC - Released in 2019, what song holds the world record for Longest Charting Song on the Billboard Hot 100 at 90 weeks?
- 90’s MUSIC - What female 90s musician is said to be the inspiration for the Smashing Pumpkins song "Bodies"?
- LEGO - In 1965, what type of vehicle was the first to be released by LEGO?
- GLOBAL POLITICS - In 1960, which country whose name means "resplendent island," had the first ever woman Prime Minister?
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- July 13th, 2022 - Know Nonsense Challenge - Point Ybel Brewing Co. - 7:30 pm EST
- June 14th, 2022 - Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge - Ollie’s Pub Records and Beer - 7:30 pm EST
- July 16th, 2022 - Quizgardium Triviosa! A Potterverse Pub Quiz - Point Ybel Brewing Co. - 6:00 pm EST
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Gil, Tim, Tommy, Adam, Brandon
- Thank you, Team Captains – Kristin & Fletcher, Aaron, Matthew, David Holbrook, Mo, Lydia, Rick G, Skyler
Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Elyse, Kaitlynn, Frank, Trent, Nina, Justin, Katie, Ryan, Robb, Captain Nick, Grant, Ian, Tim Gomez, Rachael, Moo, Rikki, Nabeel, Jon Lewis, Adam, Lisa, Spencer, Luc, Hank, Manu, Justin P., Cooper, Sarah, Karly, Lucas
Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Mike J., Mike C., Efren, Steven, Kenya, Dallas, Issa, Paige, Allison, Kevin & Sara, Alex, Mike K., Loren, MJ, HBomb, Aaron, Laurel, FoxenV, Sarah, Edsicalz, Megan, brandon, Chris, Alec, Sai, Nathan, Tim
If you'd like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click "Support."
- Know Nonsense Trivia is creating podcasts | Patreon — Support the show on Patreon! Access bonus content! 15% off annual memberships!
- Know Nonsense Trivia Podcast Merch — Pick up shirts, stickers and more from our official merch store!
- Know Nonsense Trivia | Discord — Chat and play trivia with us on Discord!
- r/KnowNonsenseTrivia | Reddit — Join our subreddit!
- Trivia Night @ Point Ybel Brewing Co.! | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Lee on Wednesdays at Point Ybel Brewing Co. in Fort Myers, FL!
- Trivia Night @ Ollies Pub! | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Lee on Thursdays at Ollie's Pub in Cape Coral, FL!
- Nice Guys Pizza Trivia | Facebook — Play Nice Guys Pizza Trivia Live with Marc on Wednesdays or on Zoom at Nice Guys Pizza in Cape Coral, FL!
- Lyrics To Go
- Daily quiz game / Quizl
- Betrayal at House on the Hill | Board Game | BoardGameGeek
- David Blaine Parody part 1 - YouTube
- Hand Pierced with No Blood: Real or Magic | David Blaine - YouTube