September 23rd, 2022
1 hr 14 mins 44 secs
About this Episode
Quizmasters Lee and Marc meet for a trivia quiz with topics including Cereal, True Crime, Astronomy, Music Software, Movies, Weather, The Periodic Table and more!
- 1960’s - Which member of the Beach Boys spent the summer of 1968 living with and giving advice on the music business to Charles Manson?
- CEREAL - What cereal, first released in 1948, featured an anthropomorphic cartoon bear, who would claim "it's got the crunch with punch"?
- SERIAL KILLERS - While fellow serial killer Edmund Kemper brutalized the greater Santa Cruz region in the early 70's, Herbert Mullin also killed 13 people in the area, confusing authorities before being caught and claiming that the killings were intended to prevent what natural phenomenon (based on instructions given to him telepathically by his father)?
- MATHEMATICS - Chisanbop, an abacus-like finger-counting method used to perform basic mathematical operations, gets its name for finger calculations in what language?
- SUSHI - What is the term for a slice of fresh fish which tops a mound of vinegar seasoned sushi rice?
- ASTRONOMY - The largest of the 88 recognized constellations is named after what creature of Greek mythology?
- ANTHROPOLOGY - The Man of the Hole, the last surviving member of the Tenaru people, following their genocide by settlers in what country, was found dead in a hammock recently?
- MUSIC SOFTWARE - Synthetic voice software Vocaloid was funded and developed by what company that is the world's largest manufacturer of musical instruments?
- TRANSFORMERS - What is the name of the home planet of the Transformers?
- MOVIE WESTERNS - Which landmark Western from director John Sturges is a remake of a 1954 Japanese film by Akira Kurosawa?
- FILM ADAPTATIONS - What 1985 novel by John Irving was turned into a 1999 drama that won two academy awards including Best Screenplay Based on Material Previously Produced or Published and Best Supporting Actor?
- WEATHER - While a ‘gust’ lasts for seconds, what is the meteorological term for a sudden, sharp increase in sustained wind speed that lasts for minutes?
- PERIODIC TABLE - What chemical element with the atomic number 15 is a key component of the striking surface on a matchbook?
- GEOLOGY - Put these four rock systems and time periods in order: Triassic, Jurassic, Cambrian and Devonian.
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- September 28th, 2022 - Know Nonsense Challenge - Point Ybel Brewing Co. - 7:30 pm EST
- September 29th, 2022 - Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge - Ollie’s Pub Records and Beer - 7:30 pm EST
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Gil, Tim, Tommy, Adam, Brandon, Blake
- Thank you, Team Captains – Kristin & Fletcher, Aaron, Matthew, David Holbrook, Mo, Lydia, Rick G, Skyler
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Elyse, Kaitlynn, Frank, Trent, Nina, Justin, Katie, Ryan, Robb, Captain Nick, Grant, Ian, Tim Gomez, Rachael, Moo, Rikki, Nabeel, Jon Lewis, Adam, Lisa, Spencer, Luc, Hank, Justin P., Cooper, Sarah, Karly, Lucas, Mike K., Cole, Adam, Sam Spencer
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Mike J., Mike C., Efren, Steven, Kenya, Dallas, Issa, Paige, Allison, Kevin & Sara, Alex, Loren, MJ, HBomb, Aaron, Laurel, FoxenV, Sarah, Edsicalz, Megan, brandon, Chris, Alec, Sai, Nathan, Tim, Andrea, Ian, Aunt Kiki, Clay
If you'd like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click "Support."
- Support the KnowNo on Patreon! — Access bonus content! 15% off annual memberships!
- Know Nonsense Trivia Podcast Merch — Pick up shirts, stickers and more from our official merch store!
- Know Nonsense Trivia | Discord — Chat and play trivia with us on Discord!
- r/KnowNonsenseTrivia | Reddit — Join our subreddit!
- Trivia Night @ Point Ybel Brewing Co.! | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Lee on Wednesdays at Point Ybel Brewing Co. in Fort Myers, FL!
- Trivia Night @ Ollies Pub! | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Lee on Thursdays at Ollie's Pub in Cape Coral, FL!
- Nice Guys Pizza Trivia | Facebook — Play Nice Guys Pizza Trivia Live with Marc on Wednesdays or on Zoom at Nice Guys Pizza in Cape Coral, FL!