The Night Before Quizmas
December 23rd, 2022
1 hr 6 mins 30 secs
About this Episode
Quizmasters Lee and Marc meet for a semi-Holiday-themed trivia quiz with topics including Christmas Traditions, U.S. Holidays, Cartoon Characters, Vegetables, Star Wars, Medical, Etymology and more!
- CARTOON CHARACTERS - Gumble is the last name of what Simpsons character?
- CHRISTMAS TRADITIONS - What Christmas tradition was first developed by German Lutherans in the 1700s as a celebration of the liturgical season?
- VEGETABLES - Alpha, Nevada and Snow Crown are types of which vegetable?
- U.S. HOLIDAYS - Which holiday originated in the U.S. in the wake of the L.A. Watts riots and whose seven principles include unity, self-determination, collective work and responsibility, cooperative economics, purpose, creativity and faith?
- ETYMOLOGY - The word wiki, as in Wikipedia, means 'quick' in what language?
- STAR WARS - After meeting the Sith Lord for a photo in 1977, which singer introduced herself to Star Wars actor Mark Hamill as “Darth Vader’s Wife”, but left her San Franciscan rock group before they famously performed “Light the Sky on Fire” during the cult-classic Star Wars Holiday Special?
- PARTIES - What kind of holiday party first took place in Vancouver, British Columbia in 2000, setting off an annual trend for decades to come?
- 2010’S TELEVISION - What TV show that premiered in 2017 has had episodes including "Cape Canaveral, Schrödinger's Cat, and Cyndi Lauper's Hair", "An 8-Bit Princess and a Flat Tire Genius" and "Graduation"?
- CHRISTMAS TRADITIONS - Mari Lwyd is a Southern Welsh Christmas Time tradition where townsfolk go from door to door requesting food and drink through song, while wearing the skeleton of what kind of animal
- SCIENCE - The Koppen-Geiger system, first developed in 1884, with modifications made by both scientists, is ud to classify what?
- MEDICAL - According to the American Association for Anatomy's Anatomical Science Education Journal, The Twelve Days of Christmas Song is "Ingrained in medical school folk law" as a mnemonic device to help remember which twelve parts of the brain?
- NFL - How many regular season games does each team play in the NFL?
Rate My Question
- MOVIES - Edgar Wright’s Cornetto Trilogy consists of Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, and The World’s End. Name the color that represents each film, per the director.
- TECHNOLOGY - What were the first man-made objects to break the sound barrier?
- CHRISTMAS TRADITIONS - In Catalonia, it is a Christmas tradition to include a joke figurine called a caganer in their nativity scenes. What is the caganer doing in the nativity scene?
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges *GENIUS WEEK*
- December 28th, 2022 - Know Nonsense Challenge - Point Ybel Brewing Co. - 7:30 pm EST
- December 29th, 2022 - Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge - Ollie’s Pub Records and Beer - 7:30 pm EST
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Gil, Tim, Tommy, Adam, Brandon, Blake
- Thank you, Team Captains – Kristin & Fletcher, Aaron, Matthew, David Holbrook, Mo, Lydia, Rick G, Skyler
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Elyse, Kaitlynn, Frank, Trent, Nina, Justin, Katie, Ryan, Robb, Captain Nick, Grant, Ian, Tim Gomez, Rachael, Moo, Rikki, Nabeel, Jon Lewis, Adam, Lisa, Spencer, Hank, Justin P., Cooper, Sarah, Karly, Lucas, Mike K., Cole, Adam, Caitlyn H, Sam, Spencer, Stephen, Cameron
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Mike J., Mike C., Efren, Steven, Kenya, Dallas, Issa, Paige, Allison, Kevin & Sara, Alex, Loren, MJ, HBomb, Aaron, Laurel, FoxenV, Sarah, Edsicalz, Megan, brandon, Chris, Alec, Sai, Nathan, Tim, Andrea, Ian, Aunt Kiki, Clay, Littlestoflambs, Seth
If you'd like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click "Support."
- Support the KnowNo on Patreon! — Access bonus content! 15% off annual memberships!
- Know Nonsense Trivia Podcast Merch — Pick up shirts, stickers and more from our official merch store!
- Know Nonsense Trivia | Discord — Chat and play trivia with us on Discord!
- r/KnowNonsenseTrivia | Reddit — Join our subreddit!
- Trivia Night @ Point Ybel Brewing Co.! | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Lee on Wednesdays at Point Ybel Brewing Co. in Fort Myers, FL!
- Trivia Night @ Ollies Pub! | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Lee on Thursdays at Ollie's Pub in Cape Coral, FL!
- Nice Guys Pizza Trivia | Zoom — Play Nice Guys Pizza Trivia Live with Marc on Wednesdays or on Zoom at Nice Guys Pizza in Cape Coral, FL!
- A cozy history of the ugly Christmas sweater - CNN Style
- The Twelve Cranial Nerves of Christmas - YouTube
- Theme of "NFL on FOX" ~ Scott Schreer (10-Hour Extended w/DL) - YouTube
- Home | jonlewis — Art shop by past KnowNo guest Jon Lewis