January 31st, 2023
1 hr 44 mins 33 secs
About this Episode
Quizmasters Lee and Marc meet for a trivia quiz with topics including Band Names, Advertising, TV Shows, U.S. History, Fast Food Chains, Religion, Geography, Gemstones and more!
- BAND NAMES - What music duo, active from 1993-2021, got their name from a review of its members previous group?
- ADVERTISING - Widely recognized by many as the first popular filtered cigarette Kent famous micronite filter was originally made from what material promising the "greatest health protection in history"?
- TRANSFORMERS - The final role of which legendary actor and filmmaker was as which planet-sized Transformers character that debuted in the 1986 animated film?
- SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE - On Saturday Night Live, the Coneheads claim to be from what country (as a cover for their real home planet remulak)?
- U.S. HISTORY - In 1660, Mary Dyer was one of four individuals executed in Boston for practicing which religion (whose formal name would later become the "Religious Society of Friends")?
- FAST FOOD CHAINS - What fast food chain is known as hungry Jack's in Australia due to a trademark dispute?
- RELIGION - Located between Syria and Israel what is the most spiritually diverse country in the Middle East recognizing 18 different sects?
- CITIES IN EUROPE - Canals, cobbled streets and medieval buildings are distinguishing characteristics for which European city that is the capital of West Flanders in northwest Belgium?
- AGRICULTURE - What is the primary component of the hard exoskeletons of animals such as crabs and lobsters that is used in the formation of edible films and as an additive to thicken and stabilize foods and food emulsions?
- GEMSTONES - Which green birthstone of August was known as 'topazion' by ancient greeks and is known to form in molten rock?
- SCIENCE - A pycnometer is used to learn what characteristic of a liquid?
- BIBLE QUOTES - “Let beer be for those who are perishing, wine for those who are in anguish!” is a quote from the 31st and final chapter of which book of The Old Testament?
Rate My Question
- TV SHOWS - What is the name of a 2011 movie and a 2015 TV show (that only had one season) that both center around the Mind enhancing drug?
- VOCABULARY - What is the only word in the English language to have every vowel in alphabetical order (and if you do the adverb forms, sometimes Y)?
- HOCKEY - Which NHL team began as the Quebec Nordiques before relocating to the U.S. and being the first professional sports team to bring a championship to their city (defeating the Florida Panthers in the 1996 Stanley Cup final)?
- CHEMISTRY - Used in everything from tree stump removal and fireworks to meat processing and fertilizer potassium nitrate kno3 is also known by what name?
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- February 1st, 2023 - Know Nonsense Challenge - Point Ybel Brewing Co. - 7:30 pm EST
- February 2nd, 2022 - Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge - Ollie’s Pub Records and Beer - 7:30 pm EST
- February 18th, 2023 - Know Nonsense Challenge: Star Wars Edition - Point Ybel Brewing Co. - 7:30 pm EST
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Gil, Tim, Tommy, Adam, Brandon, Blake
- Thank you, Team Captains – Kristin & Fletcher, Aaron, Matthew, David Holbrook, Mo, Lydia, Rick G, Skyler
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Elyse, Kaitlynn, Frank, Trent, Nina, Justin, Katie, Ryan, Robb, Captain Nick, Grant, Ian, Tim Gomez, Rachael, Moo, Rikki, Nabeel, Jon Lewis, Adam, Lisa, Spencer, Hank, Justin P., Cooper, Sarah, Karly, Lucas, Mike K., Cole, Adam, Caitlyn H, Sam, Spencer, Stephen, Cameron
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Mike J., Mike C., Efren, Steven, Kenya, Dallas, Issa, Paige, Allison, Kevin & Sara, Alex, Loren, MJ, HBomb, Aaron, Laurel, FoxenV, Sarah, Edsicalz, Megan, brandon, Chris, Alec, Sai, Nathan, Tim, Andrea, Ian, Aunt Kiki, Clay, Littlestoflambs, Seth
If you'd like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click "Support."
- Support the KnowNo on Patreon! — Access bonus content! 15% off annual memberships!
- Know Nonsense Trivia Podcast Merch — Pick up shirts, stickers and more from our official merch store!
- Know Nonsense Trivia | Discord — Chat and play trivia with us on Discord!
- r/KnowNonsenseTrivia | Reddit — Join our subreddit!
- Trivia Night @ Point Ybel Brewing Co.! | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Lee on Wednesdays at Point Ybel Brewing Co. in Fort Myers, FL!
- Trivia Night @ Ollies Pub! | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Lee on Thursdays at Ollie's Pub in Cape Coral, FL!
- Nice Guys Pizza Trivia | Zoom — Play Nice Guys Pizza Trivia Live with Marc on Wednesdays or on Zoom at Nice Guys Pizza in Cape Coral, FL!
- Cabaleta: A Colombian Rock Band
- Darlin' (Full Discography) - YouTube
- Transformers Unicron meets Megatron and his transformation into Galvatron - YouTube — The final performance of a legendary actor and filmmaker
- THE JUGGERNAUT, BITCH!! [HD] - YouTube — NSFW
- ******** Is Banned From Opening Within 20 Miles of This Original, Mom-and-Pop Burger King Sign — The background of a story Lee mentions
- The Grammarphobia Blog: On Ralphs and Rafes — Background on why actor Ralph Fiennes name is pronounced the way it is