March 5th, 2023
56 mins 55 secs
About this Episode
Quizmasters Lee and Marc meet for a trivia quiz with topics including Celebrities, Football, Animals, Nuclear Power, Video Games, Television, French Language and more!
- CELEBRITIES - Michelle Robinson is the maiden name of which famous Michelle (born in 1964)?
- FOOTBALL - Until the early 80's, former NFL running back Ed Smith was unaware that he was the model for the figure atop which prestigious football award?
- FOOTBALL - Tom Brady's retirement marks the last professional athlete drafted by what now-defunct Major League Baseball team?
- SHARKS - Besides the aptly-named 'River Shark' what other kind of shark can survive outside of a salt-water ecosystem and is known for its aggressive nature?
- FIELDS OF STUDY - Ichthyology is the study of what kind of animal?
- TELEVISION CHARACTERS - In nuclear power, what is the term for an atomic form of an element having a particular number of neutrons (and therefore its own unique mass)?
- INSECTS - Second only to the froghopper insect in its achievement, what kind of wingless, common insect can leap up to 50 times its body length?
- VIDEO GAMES - What video game company was named after a word used in the ancient board game go (which means to hit a target in Japanese)?
- TRAFFIC - What kind of device lends its name to a time-saving technique recommended by traffic experts for safely merging?
- TELEVISION CHARACTERS - Fittingly meaning "one who honors God," what is Reverend Lovejoy's first name in The Simpsons?
- WORLD HISTORY - Which global conflict began in 1756 primarily between Great Britain and France and was fought in Europe, The Americas and the South Pacific (before concluding in 1763)?
- FRENCH LANGUAGE - The dish 'Cordon Bleu' translates to what from French to English?
- PHARMACY - Loperamide is a medicine that is used to treat which condition?
- PHILOSOPHY - Known for his dystopia and utopian fiction, which British author wrote about his mind-opening experiences with mescaline in 1954's The Doors of Perception (the book from which the psychedelic rock band The Doors took their name)?
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- March 8th, 2023 - Know Nonsense Challenge - Point Ybel Brewing Co. - 7:30 pm EST
- March 9th, 2023 - Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge - Ollie’s Pub Records and Beer - 7:30 pm EST
- March 25th, 2023 - FRIENDS TRIVIA - Point Ybel Brewing Co. - 7:30 pm EST
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Gil, Tim, Tommy, Adam, Brandon, Blake, Spencer
- Thank you, Team Captains – Kristin & Fletcher, Aaron, Matthew, David Holbrook, Mo, Lydia, Rick G, Skyler, Hayden
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Elyse, Kaitlynn, Frank, Trent, Nina, Justin, Katie, Ryan, Robb, Captain Nick, Grant, Ian, Tim Gomez, Rachael, Moo, Rikki, Nabeel, Jon Lewis, Adam, Lisa, Spencer, Hank, Justin P., Cooper, Sarah, Karly, Lucas, Mike K., Cole, Adam, Caitlyn H, Sam, Spencer, Stephen, Cameron, Clay, JB, Joshua, James, Paul
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Mike J., Mike C., Efren, Steven, Kenya, Dallas, Issa, Paige, Allison, Kevin & Sara, Alex, Loren, MJ, HBomb, Aaron, Laurel, FoxenV, Sarah, Edsicalz, Megan, brandon, Chris, Alec, Sai, Nathan, Tim, Andrea, Ian, Aunt Kiki, Clay, Littlestoflambs, Seth, Bill, Marc P., Holgast, Nora, Joe
If you'd like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click "Support."
- Support the KnowNo on Patreon! — Access bonus content including posts featuring our live quiz archive! 15% off annual memberships!
- Know Nonsense Trivia Podcast Merch — Pick up shirts, stickers and more from our official merch store!
- Know Nonsense Trivia | Discord — Chat and play trivia with us on Discord!
- r/KnowNonsenseTrivia | Reddit — Join our subreddit!
- Trivia Night @ Point Ybel Brewing Co.! | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Lee on Wednesdays at Point Ybel Brewing Co. in Fort Myers, FL!
- Trivia Night @ Ollies Pub! | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Lee on Thursdays at Ollie's Pub in Cape Coral, FL!
- Nice Guys Pizza Trivia | Zoom — Play Nice Guys Pizza Trivia Live with Marc on Wednesdays or on Zoom at Nice Guys Pizza in Cape Coral, FL!