Quizmasters Lee & Marc do a deep dive on the history of literary figure Mother Goose and sit down for a slate of new trivia.
- Who performed the 1990's hit song "All For You"?
- Fashion icon Karl Lagerfeld passed away recently and was best known as the creative director for what comapny from 1983 until his death?
- What children's television show about a kids-only rock group which ran from 1984-1993 featured cast members such as Mario Lopez and Jennifer Love Hewitt?
- Bombay Duck, or Bumalo, is what kind of animal?
- Prominently featured 1983’s The Big Chill, what #1 hit song from 1971 is played by the Denver Broncos after every home victory?
- What word describes the enlargement of bone and tissue at the big toe and the foot?
- Which American poet was mentor to fellow transcendentalist writer Henry David Thereau, was known as “The Sage of Concord” and shares part of their name with a famous “missing” character?
- What 1968 whistle-along song was the first ever posthumously released #1 single in U.S. Chart history?
- What actress appeared in Kate & Leopold, The Doors, Prelude to a Kiss and, most recently, Ithica?
- Located in the Mariana Trench, what is the name of the deepest part of the Earth’s seabed called, first discovered by Jacques Piccard and Don Walsh in 1960?
- Blibber Blubber was the name given to the first commercially available what?
- The Nahuatl word for testicle, spoken by the Aztecs, inspired the modern name of what fruit?
- Who sang the title theme to the James Bond film A View To A Kill?
- Launched in 2002, what satirical website purported to be written by a 13 year-old boy whose hyperbolic adoration and three facts about ninjas became a meme? What was the psuedonym used by the creator of that site?
- While listening I immediately knew that mother goose was not Hans Christian Anderson. It was not by a woman but a man named Thomas Carnan. I was thinking of The Ugly Duckling another Avion variety. Though it wasn’t a question it’s a bad fact. If I fuck up again I’m hanging up my trivia hat. - submitted by Quizmaster Dallas
- The Legend of Zelda song frequently attributed to System of a Down is from a band called The Rabbit Joint. – submitted by Fletcher
Rate My Question
- What type of disaster was the catalyst in which the survivors escaped their initial death in Final Destination 2? – submitted by Quzmaster Dallas
- What modern chain of restaurants is credited with opening the first drinking establishment for singles on New York City’s Upper East Side in 1965? – submitted by Gil
Best Worst Answers
- How many players are on a typical polo team?
- What is the name of the fifth largest African nation, which shares a name with the lead singer of the rock band Nickelback?
- What professional athlete was nicknamed the Mailman?
- Actors Jack Lemmon and Walter Matthau presented the Best Original Screenplay award at the Academy Awards in 1997 to what other duo?
- Name That Anime strategies from Drew and Seth
February 21, 2019 @ No. 3 Craft Brews & Beer Bar – The Moist Men, 114 pts. (new venue record!)
February 25, 2019 @ 3 Pepper Burrito Co. – Big Mountain Moist Cake, 101 pts.
February 26, 2019 @ Bury Me Brewing Co. – Her Jocks With Locs, 48 pts.
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
March 4 2019 – Downtown Fort Myers, FL – 7:30 PM @ 3 Pepper Burrito Co.
March 6, 2019 – Fort Myers, FL – 7:00 PM @ Bury Me Brewing Co.
March 7, 2019 – Cape Coral, FL – 7:30 PM @ No. 3 Craft Brews & Beer Bar
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
Thank you, Quizdaddy Tim (Pat's Garden Service)
Thank you, Team Captains – Kristen & Fletcher
Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Gil, Sheri, Shaun, Lucas and Max
Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Michael J. and Michael C.
If you'd like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click "Support."