Quizmaster Lee is joined by three jaw-dropping talents from the Southwest Florida music scene: Angela Page (The Young Dead), Frankie Colt (Cobress) and returning guest, the singer-songwriter Kyle Anne! The four ask and answer trivia questions about bugs, 90's rock music, modern art, Italian desserts, African folklore and more!
- ENTOMOLOGY - Plecia nearctica, bugs that are found mostly in tandem along the gulf coast in the Southeastern United States, are more commonly known by what nickname?
- CANADIAN MUSIC HISTORY - During the 1990's, Canadian indie rock musician Feist was roommates and often collaborators with what electro-punk musician?
- ETYMOLOGY - What phrase, which originated in the circus, describes someone who is the opposite of a Jack of All Trades?
- POP CULTURE - What famous actress was well known for her shoplifting arrest in the 1990's?
- HISTORY OF MODERN ART - Fluxus, an international art movement in the 1960's and 1970's which emphasized the making of the art over the finished project, and involved what Japanese American artist (among others)?
- 90's MUSIC - What 90's male frontman performed backup vocals on Tori Amos's track "Passed the Mission"?
- “In your 'oldest continuously running university' question (Episode 44) I referenced the battle of Hastings as 1099. It was 1066.” - Seth
- The song Lee was trying to recall during the 'first black television host on American TV' question in Episode 42 was “I Wupped Batman’s Ass” by Wesley Willis.
- 90s MUSIC - Kay Hanley (lead singer of the 90's rock band Letters to Cleo) wrote all of the original songs in which Disney TV show?
- ITALIAN DESSERTS - What Italian dessert is traditionally made of three kinds of ice cream molded into a bar, with nuts and fruits layered in?
- SONGWRITERS - The song "Ring of Fire" was famously written by who?
- AFRICAN FOLKLORE - In African folklore, Anansi, who tried to horde all of the world's wisdom before spilling it into the river for all to have, typically takes the form of what kind of creature?
- CRADLE ROBBERS OF ROCK - How old was Brody Dalle, frontwoman of the band The Distillers, when she started dating Tim Armstrong, the lead singer of Rancid?
- MNEMONICS - The phrase 'I Value Xylophones Like Cows Dig Milk' is a mnemonic device used to help remember what?
- 90's MUSIC - Alanis Morrissette's hit "You Oughta Know" features guitar by Dave Navarro. Who played bass on the track?
- BRITISH HISTORY - King Henry VIII had how many wives?
- COURTNEY LOVE - Name three songs written in the 90's and early 2000's rumored to have been written about Courtney Love?
- PINBALL - First released in 1992, and selling over 20,000 units, what movie-licensed pinball machine is the best selling pinball machine of all time?
- Talking Tough with Frankie and Angela — Live on Facebook, Tuesday nights at 7:30pm EST
- The Young Dead on Bandcamp — Angela Page's band
- Cobress on Bandcamp — Frankie Colt's Band
- Kyle Anne on Bandcamp
- Mitch & Mickey - A Kiss at the End of the Rainbow — An iconic song about forbidden love from the Christopher Guest film "A Mighty Wind"
- Marilyn Manson - Heart Shaped Glasses — Music video starring Evan Rachael Wood (Westworld, Thirteen)
- Alanis Morisette tells Larry David who "You Oughta Know" is about — A clip from the HBO sitcom Curb Your Enthusiasm
- The Other Boleyn Girl by Phillipa Gregory — A bodice ripper recommended by Kyle Anne
- Songs rumored to be about Courtney Love — A Spotify playlist to accompany Angela's final question.
- Tough Thursdays, 5/30/19: Kyle Anne / Killa Vanilla / Emerald Vision — Frankie & Angela's next event featuring Kyle Anne and other SWFL musicians
- LYR's Babefest — LYR’s Babefest is an annual event celebrating diversity in music! Now in its 4th year, Babefest is presenting two dates in 2019, one in Fort Myers, FL and another in Tampa, FL. Each date will feature a full lineup of bands with diverse members, DIY and artisan vendors, and nonprofit organizations.