Quizmaster Marc returns from his vacation to join Quizmaster Lee for an episode chock full of trivia, "cerebro a cerebro" style! Lee comes clean about a trivia debacle that occurred while he was covering one of Marc's games.
- THE BEATLES - Name three songs off of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, not including the first and penultimate tracks (which are self-titled).
- NBA BASKETBALL - The Charlotte Hornets, a professional basketball team that was first active from 1988-2002, spawned what other NBA team after the franchise relocated, keeping the hornets name, history and records until the NBA returned them to Charlotte in 2013?
- CULTURE - “Blue Laws” prohibit certain activities when?
- 1980s POP CULTURE - What "exclusive" line of jackets gained popularity in the 1980s, known for its collar strap and knitted trim?
- DEAD VIDEO FORMATS - In 2002, Sony ended production of its recorders using what doomed video standard?
- MOVIES & METAL - What 1990’s metal band was named after a 1932 horror film which starred Bela Lugosi, which itself was based on a play titled "The Magic Island" by William Seabrook?
“I was just listening to episode 45 "Bodice Rippers", and when you all were trying to suss out the question about Henry VIII's wives, I kept screaming "divorced, beheaded, she died; divorced, beheaded, survived!", which is a rather macabre way to remember how many wives he had, and what became of them. TECHNICALLY the two "divorces" were actually annulments, but same difference to us heathens. – Joee, MN
- 1970s DISCO - Guitarist Nile Rogers and the late bassist Bernie Edwards formed what disco band in 1976, known for hits such as "le Freak" and hit "Good Times", a song famously sampled in the Sugarhill Gang’s “Rapper's Delight?”
- TELEVISION - Private Practice spun off from what other TV show?
- MARSUPIALS IN POP CULTURE - What kind of marsupial had their own animated sitcom, produced by Warner Bros., which aired from 1991 to 1994 on Fox?
- U.S. AGRICULTURE - In 2001, what surpassed tuna as America’s most eaten seafood?
- ANIMAL BYPRODUCTS - A resin secreted by female bugs on trees in the forests of India and Thailand, used primarily in the finish of furniture and musical instruments, as well as to add wax to produce sold in stores, is called what?
- HORTICULTURE & BOTANY - A tree that loses its leaves every year is called what?
Rate My Question
“In 1911, using skis and sled dogs, Roald Amundsen and his crew were the first to reach the South Pole. Just over a decade later in 1926 he would lead the first verified expedition to the North Pole. Previous claims to have reached the North Pole via ships and sled dogs proved to be inaccurate or outright fraud. What method did Roald used to finally reach the Pole?” – Aaron, NY
AFRICAN GEOGRAPHY - Antananarivo is the capital of which African country?
UNUSUAL DEATHS - In 1597, the mayor of Braunau am Inn, Austria fell down a flight of stairs to his death after tripping over what, an object that is still on display at the town's historical museum?
Weekly Wrap Up Winners List
- May 8, 2019 @ Nice Guys Pizza - Steve's Silky Touch/Lowering the Bar (52 pts.)
- May 9, 2019 @ No. 3 Craft Brews & Beer Bar - No Pants Friday (101 pts.)
- May 11, 2019 @ No. 3 Craft Brews & Beer Bar - Platinum Level Passholders - (76 pts.)
- May 13, 2019 @ 3 Pepper Burrito Co. - The Damp Duo (37 pts.)
- May 15, 2019 @ Bury Me Brewing Co. - DFWM (79 pts.)
- May 16, 2019 @ No. 3 Craft Brews & Beer Bar - Peanut the dog Barked at Our Ethnically Ambiguous Teammate (99 pts.)
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- May 20, 2019 - Downtown Fort Myers, FL – 7:30 PM @ 3 Pepper Burrito Co. (KNOW NONSENSE QUESTION: US HISTORY chosen by DUFFY THE DELIVERY GUY)
- May 22, 2019 – Fort Myers, FL – 7:00 PM @ Bury Me Brewing Co. (KNOW NONSENSE QUESTION: FACEBOOK SECURITY FLUBS chosen by TEAM HACKERSPACE)
- May 23, 2019 – Cape Coral, FL – 7:30 PM @ No. 3 Craft Brews & Beer Bar (KNOW NONSENSE QUESTION: PORSCHE chosen by WHATEVER YOU WANT IT TO BE)
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat's Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Elyse, Aaron, Sarah, Brina, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Gil, Sheri, Shaun, Lucas and Max
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Mike J., Mike C.
If you'd like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click "Support."
- Nile Rogers Interviewed on Broken Record Podcast — A podcast episode recommendation by Marc