Quizmaster Lee returns to join fellow QM Marc for some conversation about question writing techniques and facing unique circumstances at live trivia events. They are joined by Proverbial Lightkeeper Elyse, who reports on the Seattle and Minneapolis trivia scenes and reveals her daily trivia routine.
- STRANGE U.S. GEOGRAPHY – If you were in Stamford, CT and you were to travel directly N,S, E, or W, what state would you end up in?
- DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME - How many U.S. states observe Daylight Savings Time?
- GREEK ALPHABET - How many letters are in the Greek alphabet?
- BEFORE THEY WERE FAMOUS - Before becoming the frontman of the psychedelic California rock band The Doors, Jim Morrison briefly attended what Florida University?
- FILM SOUNDTRACKS - Despite also including tracks by Supertramp and other artists, the title billing of what movie’s soundtrack was only attributed to Aimee Mann?
- NYC MAGAZINES - What was the name of the magazine to feature Kim Kardashian nude, including a picture of her pouring a bottle of champagne nude over her shoulder into a glass balanced on her ass?
- WEAR WORDS - From the greek word sarkikos, if a fashion item is described as “sarcoline,” it would be what color?
- MEDICAL TERMINOLOGY - Epistaxis is the medical term for what common occurrence?
- TIME ZONES - How many time zones are in Canada?
- BIG NUMBERS - How many zeros are needed to indicate one sextillion (in the United States)?
- WHOLE FOODS - What vegetable with mediterranean origins was initially used as medicine, but is now more likely to be used in combination with carrots and onions as a typical base for stews and soups?
- POP MUSIC - “Cuz I Love You” is the most recent release from what up-and-coming artist?
- SPANISH LITERATURE - Who wrote Don Quixote?
- SHIT SHOT OUT OF A CANON - The cast-iron cannonball was first developed 1450 and utilized by what European nation?
- EWOK INSPIRATIONS - What breed of dog, originating in belgium, was the main inspiration of the Ewoks from the Star Wars franchise?
- DOG BREEDS - What dog breed name is Welsh for “dwarf dog?”
- VETERANS IN HOLLYWOOD - What was the first Hollywood movie about the Vietnam War directed by a Vietnam War veteran?
- ASSASSINATION ATTEMPTS - After his motorcade was rerouted from crossing a bridge armed with explosives, which U.S. president once narrowly avoided an assassination attempt in the Philippines that was orchestrated by Osama Bin Laden and al Qaeda?
- KOREAN FOOD - The Korean dish bulgogi translates into what two words in English?
- GEOLOGICAL EVENTS - In what decade was the last recorded eruption of the large stratovolcano Mount Rainier?
- U.S. HISTORY - Who gave his famous “give me liberty, or give me death” speech during his opposition to the Stamp Act of 1765?
- WORLD HISTORY WHAT IF? - Which German famously turned down an offer to become the first president of Israel, stating, "All my life I have dealt with objective matters, hence I lack both the natural aptitude and the experience to deal properly with people and to exercise official functions."?
Weekly Wrap Up Winners List
- May 15, 2019 @ Bury Me Brewing Co. - House Snow (88 pts.)
- May 16, 2019 @ No. 3 Craft Brews & Beer Bar - Peanut the Dog Honestly Thinks The South Will Rise Again - (77 pts.)
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- May 29, 2019 – Fort Myers, FL – 7:00 PM @ Bury Me Brewing Co. (KNOW NONSENSE QUESTION: DAVID BOWIE)
- May 30, 2019 – Cape Coral, FL – 7:30 PM @ No. 3 Craft Brews & Beer Bar (KNOW NONSENSE QUESTION: JEFF GOLDBLUM)
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat's Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Elyse, Aaron, Sarah, Brina, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Gil, Sheri, Shaun, Lucas and Max
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you'd like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click "Support."
- Wordplay Trailer (2006) — A documentary on the NYT crossword puzzle dept.
- Word Wars Trailer (2004) — A trailer for a documentary on the competitive world of Scrabble
- Jim Morrison in "Florida State University: Toward a Greater University" (1964) — In this short promotional film for Florida State University, a student (played by a young Jim Morrison) is denied acceptance into the "prestigious institution." If only Jim's parents had thought about the future!
- 'Til Tuesday - Voices Carry — Featuring Aimee Mann. Great song!
- Roxy Music - More Than This — Another 80's banger (not featuring Aimee Mann)
- Strawbs - Lay Down — A "recent music recommendation" by Lee
- Lizzo - Juice — Elyse is all in on this track by Lizzo from her latest album, Cuz I Love You
- Don Quixote trailer
- Jodorowsky's Dune (2014) — A documentary about a film adaptation that was never made.
- The Inspiration Behind Ewoks — A profile of the dog breed known for being the inspiration behind Star Wars Ewoks
- Is ‘Baron Trump’s Marvelous Underground Journey’ a Real Book from the 1890s? — Snopes article detailing the Trump time travel theory