Quizmasters Lee and Marc are joined by Quizmommy Kyle Anne, who will be hosting our new weekly Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge at Gather in Cape Coral, for a hint-heavy slate of trivia. The three Quizmasters also take on a double shot of Rate My Question.
- “Yes, Lee, snowmobiles did exist in the 1920's... and yes, there were Model-T ones. The first snowmobile ever was built in Maine in 1908.” - Tim, MN
- ”Just listened to your podcast for the first time on Spotify. Not that it matters, but the Jetsons aired in the 1960s, not the '70s.” - Adam
- MARVEL COMICS - According to the Marvel comic books, before marrying Luke Cage, Jessica Jones dated which character after being set up by Carol Danvers?
- DRUGS - What chemical substance was known as the Business Man’s trip in the 1960s, as a user could access the full depth of it in considerably less time than with other substances?
- BOB ROSS - Speaking as though he was giving a private lesson to a single student, from 1983 to 1994, painter Bob Ross hosted what show on PBS?
- VISUAL FX - What is the first movie to feature a computer generated human form?
- SUMMER SONGS - According to Rolling Stone Magazine, what 1964 Martha and the Vandellas tune, with lyrics co-written by Marvin Gaye, is the best summer song of all time?
- CLASSIC MOVIES - Name 3 actors who star in the Sydney Lumet directorial debut 12 Angry Men.
Rate My Question
- ETYMOLOGY - “The name of what metal is derived from the German word for fairy or sprite?” - submitted by Dallas
- U.S. GEOGRAPHY - “What are the four state capitals that have the word ‘city’ in them?” - Abbey
- METRIC SYSTEM - The United States, Myanmar and what West African country on the Atlantic Ocean are the only three in the world to not use the metric system?
- INVENTIONS - Developed as an internal tool and marketed as “a fast, extremely accurate electronic slide rule” in 1971, what what the first company to bring pocket calculators to market, which is also the first Top 20 company to ever have been run by a woman (as ranked by Fortune magazine)?
- 90s MUSIC - Who was the bass player of the 90s grunge band Dogstar?
- WORLD WAR II - In what country what country was Anne Frank living when it became occupied by the Nazis?
- PACIFIC TERRITORIES - What country is responsible for maintaining Easter Island?
- SCIENCE & PHILOSOPHY - “Hormesis” is the scientific term for what quote about resilience by German philosopher Freidrech Nietzsche?
- EUROPEAN TRADITIONS - Europeon tradition requires family members to tell who important news, such as births, marriages or deaths in order to avoid ”serious calamity” in the family, as well as their associates?
- MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS - Which mostly defunct instrument gained popularity in the 1950s after being exclusively featured in the 1949 British film noir The Third Man?
- BLACK HISTORY - Moses Fleetwood Walker was the first African American to do what in 1884?
Weekly Wrap Up
- June 6, 2019 @ No. 3 Craft Brews & Beer Bar - Peanut the Dog Brought Her Little Green Luftwaffe (68 pts.)
- June 12, 2019 @ Bury Me Brewing - Dr. Tran and the Moon Women (72 pts.)
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- June 18,2019 – Cape Coral FL – 6:00 PM @ Gather (KNOW NONSENSE QUESTION: TBD)
- June 19, 2019 – Fort Myers, FL – 7:00 PM @ Bury Me Brewing Co. (KNOW NONSENSE QUESTION: 80s HORROR MOVIES)
- June 20, 2019 – Cape Coral, FL – 7:30 PM @ No. 3 Craft Brews & Beer Bar (KNOW NONSENSE QUESTION: 80s MOVIES)
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat's Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Elyse, Aaron, Sarah, Brina, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Gil, Shaun, Lucas and Max
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you'd like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click "Support."
- Jack Nicholson in The Little Shop of Horrors - YouTube
- Model T Ford Snowmobile Club National Meet 2009 - YouTube
- Young Bob Ross with a pompadour
- Sealab 2021 Ep1: I, Robot - YouTube — Marc saying "They're gonna hunt me for sport?" is a reference to the first episode of Sealab 2021.
- Dark Phoenix Review (It sucks) - YouTube — Dallas reviews Dark Phoenix