Quizmasters Lee & Marc are joined by Kyle Anne to listen to her new single “Two Damn Years” and go through three rounds of trivia questions, with topics including TRAFFIC STATISTICS, SCIENTOLOGY, MOVIES AND MUSIC OF THE 1980’S, HUMAN AND DOLPHIN ANATOMY, AFRICAN HISTORY, SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE, THE MUPPETS and more! The trio also reveal their individual methodologies for adjusting the difficulty of a trivia question.
- TRAFFIC STATS - What east coast capital city is ranked the worst traffic of 2019 by Forbes magazine, stating that the average person loses about 164 hours a year?
- SCIENTOLOGY - In the official scriptures of Scientology, seventy five billion aliens were brought to Earth (then known as "Teegeeack" by spacecraft) only to be destroyed by hydrogen bombs dropped on volcanoes in service of becoming spiritual stowaways in human beings, by what leader of the Galactic Confederacy?
- ANATOMY - What is made up of the duodenum, jejunum and ileum?
- AFRICAN HISTORY - What African warrior monarch was leader of the Zulu nation until his death at the hands of assassins in 1828?
- U.S. PRESIDENTS - Who’s second term re-election slogan was “He kept us out of war.”
- WORLD’S SMALLEST HORSE - From 2001-2006, a diminutive horse named Black Beauty held the Guinness World Record for smallest living horse, until the title was taken by what 17-inch tall equine, named after a character featured in the work of author Hans Christian Andersen?
- Braille is NOT considered a language (as Lee erroneously stated in episode 61), rather it is a system of codes.
- George Washington was elected president in 1789, not 1784 (as Lee erroneously stated in episode 61).
- 80’s MOVIES - In the 1985 film Better Off Dead, Lane (played by John Cusack) is harassed by two Japanese drag racers, one of which learned to speak English by watching the Wide World of Sports, subsequently adopting the distinct vocal pattern of which commentator and friend of Muhammed Ali?
- 80’s MOVIES - What 80’s movie was the first film-scoring credit of composer Danny Elfman?
- FOOD & COOKING - What fish, also the national fish of India, is also referred to as “aquatic chicken”?
- THE MUPPETS - On The Muppet Show, what is the name of the muppet that is frequently the object of Gonzo's affection?
- SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE - Linda Richman is the host of what Saturday Night Live talk show?
- 90’s R&B - Along with Lauryn Hill, name three solo artists often credited with popularizing the neo-soul movement that came to prominence in the late 1990's, with a sound characterized by jazz, funk and African influences as opposed to the more digital sound of contemporary R&B.
- MARINE BIOLOGY - How many stomachs does a dolphin have?
Rate My Question
- “What song won the 1997 Grammy award for, Record of the Year, Song of the year and Best male pop vocal performance?” submitted - Quizmaster Dallas
- AFRICAN HISTORY - The Mao Mao Uprising took place in what African country?
- SILKWORMS - Silkworms exclusively eat leaves from what kind of tree?
- PLANTS - What kind of plant would you include in your garden to attract Monarch butterflies?
- MTV - Who was the winner of the first I Wanna Be A VJ contest held by MTV in 1998?
- HAIR METAL - What hair metal band is best known for their hit "Don't Know What You Got (Til It's Gone)" off the 1988 album Long Cold Winter?
- TELEVISION - What was the first streaming show to win an Emmy for Outstanding Comedy Series?
- VIDEO GAMES - What two Playstation games featured scratch-n-sniff CD’s?
Weekly Wrap Up
- August 31st, 2019 @ No. 3 Craft Beers Bar - Snitches Get Stitches - 105 pts.
- September 2nd, 2019 @ Palace - Free Bottle Getters - 96 pts.
- September 3rd, 2019 @ Gather - 100% These Bitches - 74 pts.
- September 4th, 2019 @ Bury Me Brewing Co. - The Lone Rangers - 67 pts.
- September 5th, 2019 @ No. 3 Craft Beers Bar - The Squeaky Chairs Abide - 107 pts.
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- September 9th, 2019 – Cape Coral FL – 7:00 PM @ Palace Pub & Wine Bar. Categories for the quiz will include WINE, HOME AND GARDEN, CHAPELLE’S SHOW, CHUCK PALAHNIUK NOVELS, WHAT WE DO IN THE SHADOWS HEDWIG & THE ANGRY INCH & more. Final question category will be VEGETABLES selected by last week’s biggest learners ‘Joryholes’.
- September 10th, 2019 – Cape Coral FL – 7:00 PM @ Gather. Categories for the quiz will include FOOD AND COOKING, MOTOWN, CLASSIC ROCK, FOOTBALL, GREEK MYTHOLOGY, THE ZODIAC, and two nin-categories: NINJA SEX PARTY, NINTENDO and more. Final wager question category will be LED ZEPPELIN selected by the team ‘Philly Guys & Gal.’
- September 11th, 2019 – Fort Myers, FL – 7:00 PM @ Bury Me Brewing Co. Categories for the quiz will include HURRICANES, WORLD WAR II, HARRY POTTER, 90’s POP MUSIC, ANDROIDS, GENITALS and more. The final Know Nonsense wager question will be DEATH METAL selected by ‘Pootie Tang.’
- September 12th, 2019 – Cape Coral, FL – 7:30 PM @ No. 3 Craft Brews & Beer Bar. Categories for the quiz will include COLLEGE FOOTBALL, WORLD HISTORY, MUSICALS (HEDWIG & THE ANGRY INCH, THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA), REPTILES, LETTERKENNY, TEKKEN, HANNA-BARBERA CARTOONS & MORE . The final category that evening will be MOVIES BASED ON VIDEO GAMES selected by ‘Party Weasels.’
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat's Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Rachel, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Dylan, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Brina, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Gil, Shaun, Lucas and Max
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Manu, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you'd like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click "Support."
- Episode 78 - Mike Cosden — Our episode 11 guest, Mike Cosden, was recently featured on 3 Song Stories (where Marc is also mentioned several times).