Quizmasters Lee & Marc are joined by Seth to suss through some of their favorite pub trivia questions of the week.
- VOCABULARY - An ungulate is characterized as having what?
- ART - Jasper Johns is an American painter known for his depictions of what?
- ACRONYMS - On formal invitations, what is R.S.V.P. an acronym for?
- U.S. HISTORY - Who was president when the National Prohibition Act, also known as the Volstead Act, went into effect?
- SPORTS - Wheelchair rugby goes by what nickname that was used as a title for a 2005 documentary about the sport?
- STRANGER THINGS - The logo and font for Stranger Things was specifically influenced by the original cover to which Stephen King novel, which starred protagonist Charlie McGee, portrayed by Drew Barrymore in the movie version?
- The manhunt movie based on The Most Dangerous Game story which stars rapper Ice-T is called ‘Surviving the Game.’
- Sally Field’s famous “You really love me” award acceptance speech was for 1984’s Places In The Heart.
- BUSINESS - What clothing company’s founder, Chip Wilson, resigned after making comments about finding humor in Japanese people try to pronounce the company’s name, and saying they don’t produce plus-sized clothes because it costs too much money?
- EARTH SCIENCE - According to EarthSky.org, scientists believe that 50-85% of the world’s oxygen is produced by what?
- U.S. GEOGRAPHY - Name the states that border Oklahoma.
- MIDDLE EAST GEOGRAPHY - How many emirates make up the United Arab Emirates?
- DISNEY - What is the only Disney title character that has no lines of dialogue or vocalizations whatsoever in their original animated film?
- YOUTUBE - What is the name of the YouTube star who recently passed away and channel where an old man cooked large portions of food for orphans in India?
- NOBEL PRIZE - Until the year 2000, what type of dessert was traditionally served at the Nobel banquet?
- WORLD WAR I - In what year did the U.S. enter World War I?
- LGBTQ+ HISTORY - In 2012 Tammy Baldwin became the first openly gay person to be elected to the U.S. Senate by what state?
Weekly Wrap Up
- November 11th, 2019 @ Palace - Sorority Girls, 69 pts.
- November 12th, 2019 @ Gather - Tarpon Charlies - 71 pts.
- Novemver 14th, 2019 @ No. 3 Craft Brews & Beer Bar - As You Wish 111 pts.
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- November 11th, 2019 – Cape Coral FL – 7:00 PM @ Palace Pub & Wine Bar. Categories for the quiz will include DOG BREEDS, FILM NOIR, MUSIC OF THE 60’s, HUMAN ANATOMY, THE WALKING DEAD, NBA, NHL & MLB & more. Final question category will be ‘STEVEN SEGAL’ selected by last week’s biggest learners Idiot Sandwich.
- November 12th, 2019 – Cape Coral FL – 7:00 PM @ Gather. Categories for the quiz will include WORLD HISTORY, TRAVEL, BASEBALL, HOCKEY, CLASSIC TV & FILM, MUSIC and more. The final wager question that evening will be a question about 1950’s MUSIC selected by ‘Nauti Girls & Boy’.
- November 14th, 2019 – Cape Coral, FL – 7:00 PM @ No. 3 Craft Brews & Beer Bar. Categories for the quiz will include NATIONAL PARKS, FLORIDA AUTHORS, GRAMMAR, as well as a bevy of TV TOPICS such as GAME OF THRONES, STAR TREK, MARRIED WITH CHILDREN, FRIENDS, DOCTOR WHO, THE MANDALORIAN and more. The final wager question that evening will be a question about THE OFFICE selected by ‘Peanut and the Silent Chairs’.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat's Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Rachael, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Matthew, Nicole, Luc, Spencer, Hank, Dylan, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Brina, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Gil, Shaun, Lucas and Max
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Manu, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you'd like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click "Support."