Quizmasters Lee & Marc connect to share their favorite trivia questions of the week and discuss the proper procedure of dealing with a loud suss. The two quizmasters are joined by songwriter (and quizwriter) Kyle Anne for the second and final rounds.
- MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS - The Aulochrome is a musical instrument that is made of two what?
- CURRENT EVENTS - What U.S. state decided to use Meth, we’re on it, as their anti-methamphetamine trafficking slogan?
- NAZI SODA - After Coca-Cola was ordered to discontinue business in Nazi Germany upon the United States entrance into World War II, what brand of soft drink, initially made from wartime rations, including apple fiders, mash from cider presses and cheese whey, was developed by the company’s German division in order to maintain the comapny’s market share during the conflict, and is still marketed and distributed by Coca-Cola to this day?
- VOCABULARY - What is a Satanic Nightjar?
- HOCKEY - In Hockey, a hat trick is achieved when a player makes three goals in a single game. What three actions must a player take to achieve a "Gordie Howe hat trick"?
- BEARS IN POP CULTURE - What fictional bear was originally known as ‘Edward Bear?’
- Not sure if this is really a missed correction or not, button episode 72, we got a little remix of the missed correction diddy... missed corrections to the tune of rate my question. lol... anyway, that's it... - Andrew
- The answer to the question “what is the only Disney title character with no lines or vocalization? Is incorrect. When dumbo is unraveled from a blanket and seen for the first time he sneezes after being tickled and squeaks before his mother “goes mad”. - Dallas
- LANDMARKS - Built in 1964 the Verrazzano-Narrows Bridge was the longest suspension bridge in the world at the time and connected which two pieces of land?
- CLASSIC TELEVISION - What American variety television show first aired from 1955 to 1959 on ABC, and was revived in 1989 on cable and again in 2017, airing exclusively on social media?
- “Everything litty, I love when it's hot/Turned up the city, I broke off the notch/Got some more millis, I keep me a knot/I created history and made me a lot” are the opening lyrics to “Hot” by what rapper?
- GEOGRAPHY - What is the world's second smallest country?
- GEOGRAPHY - Before entering into The Dead Sea, which sea, popular in The Bible, does the River Jordan flow through?
- 1950’s MUSIC - Which 1954 literal garage demo by The Penguins went on to become a definitive doo-wop hit, and has since been covered by artists such as Joan Baez, Tiny Tim, The Crew-Cuts, Johnny Tillotson, Coldplay, and Marvin Berry and the Starlighters?
- MUSIC - In music, what is a mondegreen?
- BOARD GAMES - How many 2-point letters are in a standard copy of Scrabble?
Weekly Wrap Up
- November 19th, 2019 @ Palace - Trivia Newton John 98 pts.
- November 20th, 2019 @ Gather - Tarpon Charlies - 73 pts.
- November 22th, 2019 @ No. 3 Craft Brews & Beer Bar - He Brought The Kids and the Squeaky Chairs 102 pts.
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- November 25th, 2019 – Cape Coral FL – 7:00 PM @ Palace Pub & Wine Bar. ALL MUSIC-themed Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge where you will be able to use hints from episodes of their Three Song Stories Podcast and win some fabulous public radio prizes..
- November 26th, 2019 – Cape Coral FL – 7:00 PM @ Gather. Categories for the quiz will include BROADWAY, POKEMON, TEXTING ACRONYMS, MODERN RAP, SCIENCE FICTION, CHICAGO PIZZA and more. The final wager question that evening will be a question about ‘Mathematics’ selected by ‘Tarpon Wildcats’.
- December 5th, 2019 – Cape Coral, FL – 7:00 PM @ No. 3 Craft Brews & Beer Bar. Categories for the quiz will include SHAKESPEARE, WORLD WAR II, SOUTH PARK, 90’s HIP HOP, BUTTS AND BOOBS, and more. The final wager question that evening will be a question about DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS selected by ‘Dungeons and Dragons and Brooklyn’.
- December 7th, 2019 - Cape Coral, FL @ No. 3 - Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! Join us for an evening of belch craft beer and a Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge: Rick and Morty Edition at No.3 Craft Brews & Beer Bar, featuring Rick and Morty-themed prizes provided by Cool Comics and Games! From Abradof Lincler to Zick Zack, we'll be tearing down any and all monuments to compromise by quizzing SWFL on the beloved hit [adult swim] animated series RICK AND MORTY, featuring mind-bending questions about YOUR favorite characters from the show, memorable moments, cameos, behind the scenes trivia and more! Join us for RICK AND MORTY trivia on Saturday, December 7th at No. 3 Craft Brews & Beer Bar in Cape Coral, FL.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat's Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Rachael, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Matthew, Nicole, Luc, Spencer, Hank, Dylan, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Brina, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Gil, Shaun, Lucas and Max
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Manu, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you'd like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click "Support."