Quizmasters Lee & Marc get together to share their favorite trivia questions of the week, read a review of an Anti-Trivia event, and rate a couple of listener submitted questions.
- CANADIAN FOOTBALL - In Canadian Football, the Winnipeg Blue Bombers defeated the Hamilton Tiger Cats to win what trophy?
- MEDICAL TERMINOLOGY - "Horripilation" is a vestigial reflex that shares its common name with a popular line of books written for young readers, which is called what?
- CRYPTOZOOLOGY - What mythical creature, reputed to live in the Hemlock Forest in northern Pennsylvania of the United States is referenced in the song “Any Major Dude Will Tell You” by Steely Dan?
- SHAKESPEARE - According to shakespeareswords.com, which character by William Shakespeare has given more lines of dialogue than any other in a single play?
- STATE TREES - Sabal Palm is the state tree of Florida and what other southern U.S. state?
- ACADEMY AWARDS - Which country has more winners of the Academy Award for Best International Film than any other?
- BEST WORST ANSWER - “Crispus Attucks, a former slave, is known for his involvement and death in what historical event?”
- The Garage Brewery’s Anti-Trivia review - Submitted by Ian
- MARYLAND - In 1985, the skipjack became Maryland's state what?
- ADVERTISEMENTS - What exercise bike brand was lambasted after releasing a video ad titled “The Gift That Gives Back”?
- ART - What is the art term for the contrast of the dark and the light values of a particular work as it relates to the composition, usually to create a sense of volume?
- BUSINESS - Nine of the top ten coal mines in America are found in which state?
- WORLD WAR II - Which conflict took place between August 1942 to February 1943 between Russia and Germany, resulting in an estimated 2 million casualties?
- MUSIC - What are the first names of band members Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young?
Rate My Question
- “Played by Emilio Estevez, what was the name of the lawyer turned hockey coach in the 1992 movie The Mighty Ducks?” - submitted by Proverbial Lightkeeper Dylan
- “In the Lord of the Rings, excluding the one ring forged by Sauron himself, how many rings of power were forged?” - submitted by Proverbial Lightkeeper Dylan
- ACADEMY AWARDS - Silver Linings Playbook was the first film after 31 years to be nominated for all four acting categories. The following year, what Christian Bale movie was also nominated?
- NFL - What is the only NFL team that has their logo on only one side of their helmet?
- STAR WARS/GEOGRAPHY - In The Last Jedi, the final battle scene was filmed at Salar de Uyuni salt flats in what country, one of two landlocked countries in South America?
Weekly Wrap Up
- 247 - Palace Pub and Wine Bar - The Wet Boiz - 126 pts.
- 248 - No. 3 Craft Brews and Beer Bar - As You Wish - 116 pts.
- 249 - No. 3 Craft Brews and Beer Bar - Rick and Morty Trivia - Team Currently In The Lead - 86 pts.
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- December 9th, 2019 – Cape Coral FL – 7:00 PM @ Palace Pub & Wine Bar. Categories for the quiz will include CATS & DOGS, CHEMISTRY, U.S. HISTORY, VIDEO GAMES, WINE, BOSTON RED SOX and more.
- December 12th, 2019 – Cape Coral FL – 7:00 PM @ No. 3 Craft Brews & Beer Bar. Categories for the quiz will include 80’s VIDEO GAMES, PSYCHOLOGY, HEAVY METAL, SANDWICHES, PHONETIC ALPHABET, NICKELODEON SHOWS and more. The final wager question that evening will be a question about LETTERKENNY selected by ‘The Squeaky Corner’.
- January 25th, 2019 - Cape Coral, FL @ No. 3 - We travel to a galaxy far, far away with Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge: Star Wars Edition. We’ll be asking questions from the entire universe of Star Wars, includingMOVIES, BOOKS, TV SHOWS, CANON, LEGENDS, EXPANDED UNIVERSE, TOYS, MEMES, BEHIND THE SCENES and more!
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat's Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – David, Rachael, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Mo, Matthew, Nicole, Luc, Spencer, Hank, Dylan, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Brina, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Gil, Shaun, Lucas and Max
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Manu, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you'd like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click "Support."
- 6 Days to Air - Wikipedia — The Making of South Park documentary
- Chemical Party Extended Widescreen - YouTube — Time to study up on your chemistry!
- Readers react to name change of Fort Myers Miracle to the Fort Myers Might Mussels
- Salar de Uyuni - Wikipedia