Quizmasters Lee and Marc discuss some of the listener community developing around the #KnowNo and ask each other their favorite trivia questions of the week. Marc details the linguistic “buffalo sentence,” and reveals one of his favorite game shows of all time, while Lee gives an overview of the various trophies award in North American Football. The duo also offer their congratulations to the world’s newest country on their independence!
- CHEMISTRY - The autumn change in leaf color is due to the breakdown of what kind of molecule?
- MAGAZINE COVERS - Jonathan Van Ness is the first non-female to grace the cover of Cosmopolitan Magazine since whom?
- MYTHOLOGY - On what kind of creature do Odysseus and his men escape after blinding the Cyclops Polyphemus in The Odyssey?
- STEELY DAN - Which chess piece is reference in the Steely Dan hit “Dirty Work”?
- VIDEO GAMES/CARTOONS - First debuting in 1991, what video game character shares his name with a Hawaiian shirt wearing radioactive mutant villain from the cartoon Captain Planet?
- ADVERTISING - What medicine, that was referenced in Wayne’s World, used the tag line“little, yellow, different”?
- CANADIAN FOOTBALL LEAGUE - Who is the Grey Cup named after?
- DIVISION I COLLEGE FOOTBALL - What trophies do Division I College Football teams vie for?
- MILITARY FOOTBALL - What trophy do U.S. Military Academy football teams vie for?
- NFL - What trophy preceded The Lombardi trophy in the NFL as the national prize?
- BAND NAMES - What progressive metal band got its name from the lyrics Counting Crows song?
- U.S. NATIONAL RECORDS - The longest place name in the United States belongs to Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg, otherwise known as Lake Webster, which is located in which US state?
- GEOGRAPHY - What is the geographical term for a ring shaped coral island?
- GHOST AUTHORS - In order to settle a 1918 lawsuit with the deceased’s family, self-proclaimed medium Emily Grant destroyed all copies and ceased publication of Jap Herron, a novel who she claimed was written by who via Ouija board over the course of two years?
- VOCABULARY - What is a cantrip?
- HIT SONGS - What hit soul song from 1968 appears on the soundtracks to the films Pulp Fiction, Enron: The Smartest Guys in The Room, and television series such as The Office and Luke Cage, and was the last top ten hit for the performing artist until their 1987 collaboration on “What Have I Done to Deserve This” by the Pet Shop Boys?
Rate My Question
- “What American patriotic song shares the same melody as the British National Anthem?” - submitted by Proverbial Lightkeeper Gil
- GAME SHOWS - Debuting in May of 1938, hosted by Freddie Grisewood and with contestants competing against well-known television stars of the era, what was the title of the first television game show series, which is also a generic name for the competition itself?
- COMIC BOOKS - How does pink Kryptonite affect Kryptonians?
- JAZZ MUSICIANS - In 1983, who became the only musician to ever win the Grammy awards for jazz and classical music in the same year, and would later become the first jazz musician to win a Pulitzer Prize in 1997 for his work “Blood On The Fields”, an Oratorio commissioned by the Lincoln Center, for whom he currently serves as an artistic director?
Weekly Wrap Up
- 250 - Palace Pub and Wine Bar - The Wet Boiz - 99 pts.
- 248 - No. 3 Craft Brews and Beer Bar - - pts.
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- December 16th, 2019 – Cape Coral FL – 7:00 PM @ Palace Pub & Wine Bar. Categories for the quiz will include GEOGRAPHY, DINOSAURS, SWFL RAPPERS, DIGIMON, SHOW TUNES, WEED and more.
- December 19th, 2019 – Cape Coral FL – 7:00 PM @ No. 3 Craft Brews & Beer Bar. Categories for the quiz will include 80’s VIDEO GAMES, PSYCHOLOGY, HEAVY METAL, SANDWICHES, PHONETIC ALPHABET, NICKELODEON SHOWS and more. The final wager question that evening will be a question about LETTERKENNY selected by ‘The Squeaky Corner’.
- January 25th, 2019 - Cape Coral, FL @ No. 3 - We travel to a galaxy far, far away with Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge: Star Wars Edition. We’ll be asking questions from the entire universe of Star Wars, includingMOVIES, BOOKS, TV SHOWS, CANON, LEGENDS, EXPANDED UNIVERSE, TOYS, MEMES, BEHIND THE SCENES and more!
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat's Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – David, Rachael, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Mo, Matthew, Nicole, Luc, Spencer, Hank, Dylan, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Brina, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Gil, Shaun, Lucas and Max
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Manu, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you'd like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click "Support."