Quizmasters Lee and Marc meet to exchange their favorite trivia questions of the week, and have a Rate-My-Question inspired conversation about running your trivia questions against friends and confidants.
- CITY NICKNAMES - What nickname was Milwaukee given due to the color of the bricks that made up many of the buildings in the mid- to late-19th century?
- GROCERY STORES - Headquartered in the Cincinnati, Ohio, which national grocery store chain is the largest grocery store chain by revenue in the United States and the second largest retailer behind Walmart?
- BEVERAGES - “Black Cow” or “Spider” is another term for what chilled beverage?
- FLORIDIAN AVIATORS - Which famous Floridian has his own departure procedure named in his honor that takes off from West Palm Beach headed south?
- BIRDS - What long-legged, long-necked wading bird is accidentally responsible for the discovery that birds migrate?
- GEOLOGY - Trees, grasses, fungi, as well as other types of organic remains, such as insects, and animal remains are collectively known as a what, which becomes coal after a sufficient amount of heat, time and pressure are applied to turn the mixture into sedimentary rock?
- “Tim Gunn is definitely NOT from "America's Next Top Model"; as a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure he would take great offense to that since ANTM is pretty terrible. Tim Gunn is the fashion expert and mentor on "Project Runway. I've heard you (mostly Lee) say, on at least two or three occasions, that Wyoming is in the Midwest. It most certainly is not! Wyoming is a mountain state.” - submitted by Katie W.
- MOVIE CAMEOS - Which late night talk show host was credited as Earl Hofert, first playing the character “Old Salt in Fishing Village” in a 1994 adventure comedy about a fancy lad, who is played by one of his show writers and later in 1996 voicing Butt-Head’s father in 1996’s Beavis and Butt-Head Do America?
- PATRON SAINTS - Who is the patron saint of difficult marriage, whose name was popularized on late-80’s to early-90’s evening television?
- ART - Provocative artist Paul McCarthy's big green inflatable artwork "Tree", which resembles a butt plug, was recently deflated by vandals in which European city?
- Pervez Musharraf has been sentenced to death for treason and subverting the constitution of which country, of which he was president?
- CIRCUS PERFORMERS - Emmet Kelly earned an induction into the Circus Ring of Fame in 1988 for his classic performance of which sad clown role, further made iconic by his son who carried on the character after his father's retirement?
- U.S. HISTORY - What is railroad construction foreman Phineas Gage known for?
Rate My Question
- COUNTRY MUSIC - David Allan Coe, a country singer known for his satirical style during the late 70s and 80s, performed the song You Never Even Called Me By My Name. In this song what five things do they say you have to mention in order to be considered the perfect 'Country and Western song' - which they jokingly shoehorned into the last verse in rapid succession? - submitted by Cali
- SITCOM SPINOFFS - “Top Of The Heap” was a spin-off of what television sitcom?
- CHRISTMAS STORIES - Racer and Pacer, Reckless and Speckless, Fearless and Peerless, and Ready and Steady, Glossie and Flossie are all names given to the reindeer who pull Santa’s sleigh in 1902’s The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus, written by which author of children’s books?
Weekly Wrap Up
- #252 - Palace Pub and Wine Bar - Moistwood Mac - 91 pts.
- #253 - No. 3 Craft Brews and Beer Bar - As You Wish - 98 pts.
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- December 23rd, 2019 – Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge #254 @ Palace Pub and Wine Bar in Cape Coral, FL. It will be an all holiday themed trivia with free bottles of wine for our round winners. Categories for the quiz will include HOLIDAY MUSIC IN HISTORY, TELEVISION SPECIALS, FAMOUS ADS, CHRISTMAS NAMES, SANTA’S HELPERS and more. The final wager question that evening will be a question about SWEET TREATS selected by Quizmaster Lee.
- December 26th, 2019 - Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge #255 @ No. 3 Craft Brews and Beer Bar in Cape Coral, FL. Categories for the quiz will include SPORTS, VIDEO GAMES, HISTORY, MUSIC, SITCOMS, BEER and more. The final wager question that evening will be a question about BOB’S BURGERS selected by ‘SUPER PRETENDO’.
- January 25th, 2019 - Star Wars Trivia @ No. 3 Craft Brews & Beer Bar in Cape Coral, FL - We travel to a galaxy far, far away with Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge: Star Wars Edition. We’ll be asking questions from the entire universe of Star Wars, including MOVIES, BOOKS, TV SHOWS, CANON, LEGENDS, EXPANDED UNIVERSE, TOYS, MEMES, BEHIND THE SCENES and more!
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat's Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – David, Rachael, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Mo, Matthew, Nicole, Luc, Spencer, Hank, Dylan, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Brina, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Gil, Shaun, Lucas and Max
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Manu, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you'd like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click "Support."
- Fake Grocery Store Meme — One of Lee's all-time favorite memes
- Quizmasters Lee & Marc on Knackers In The Breeze Podcast — The #KnowNo hosts appear on episode 31 of Knackers in the Breeze to ask the hosts a hypothetical question about their preferred pub trivia teammates
- "Know Nonsense Trivia Podcast" Throw Blanket — As featured in this episode! So soft, so smooth.
- The Millennial Whoop on Spotify