Quizmasters Lee and Marc are joined by Adam and Jamie to close out the decade with trivia and merriment. Lee recounts the decade in trivia and asks a “dangerous” trivia question while Marc digs deep into his trivia repository and Jamie finds question-writing inspiration in his juvenile sense of humor. Adam visits from China with some travel-oriented trivia.
- NUT ORIGINS - The cobnut or the filbert nut is the fruit of what tree?
- 2010’s TECHNOLOGY - In 2015, what company became the first to develop a self-driving car to be licensed for use on public roads?
- FONTS - What is the name of the new typeface (created by BuzzFeed’s Mark Davis) based on the handwriting of U.S. President Donald Trump, and what is the associated pangram?
- LANDMARKS - A sculpture of what mythological figure watches over the ice skating rink at Rockefeller Plaza in New York City?
- ALSO KNOWN AS - Born Betty Joan Perske, which actress starred in The Big Sleep and To Have And To Have Not?
- 2010’s MUSIC - What is the generational term for the melodic pattern alternating between the fifth and third notes in a major scale, used extensively in 2010’s Pop Music such as California Gurls by Katy Perry and “Good Time” by Carly Rae Jepsen and Owl City (who were both involved in a legal dispute regarding this melody), but can be traced to pop hits of the 80’s such as “Tarzan Boy” by Baltimora and “Jungle Love” by Morris Day and the Time?
- PHOBIAS - Ailurophobia is a fear of what?
- 2010's SPORTS - Who won the 2016 World Series against the Cleveland Indians in 4-3 victory?
- INVENTIONS - Which ancient Qin-era dynasty invention do most of us still carry with us to this day, as we would be lost without it?
- TAXONOMIES - Great tits, the turdus maximus and the buger anus are all types of what?
- GEOGRAPHY - What is the smallest country in Central America?
- 2010's MOVIES - What was the first movie released in the 2010's that was directed by Tim Burton?
Rate My Question
- INVENTIONS - Invented in 1925 by Charles Brannock, what is a Brannock device used to measure?
- ACRONYMS - In the standard 12-hour clock, A.M. and P.M. stand for what?
- LUXURY GOODS - For $1350, shoppers at Barneys in New York City, can buy a 18-karat gold diamond-studded pair of what?
- PHYSICS - What is the Fahrenheit boiling point of water?
- SOCIAL GAMES - What popular schoolyard competition can be lost by merely thinking about it?
Weekly Wrap Up
- #254 - Palace Pub and Wine Bar - Old Moist Nicholas - 53 pts.
- #255 - No. 3 Craft Brews and Beer Bar - Really Bad At This - 96 pts.
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- December 23rd, 2019 – Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge #256 @ Palace Pub and Wine Bar in Cape Coral, FL. It will be an all holiday themed trivia with free bottles of wine for our round winners. Categories for the quiz will include U.S. GEOGRAPHY, STAR WARS, COOKING, 2010’s RAPPERS, WORLD WAR II, FAMOUS PORNO FLICKS and more. The final wager question that evening will be a question about DOGS selected by Elyse Navidad & All I Want for Christmas is Rue.
- December 26th, 2019 - Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge #257 @ No. 3 Craft Brews and Beer Bar in Cape Coral, FL. Categories for the quiz will include WORLD GEOGRAPHY, FOOD & DRINK, THE 1990’s, BROADWAY MUSICALS, CLASSIC WWF, PRESIDENTIAL PETS and more. The final wager question that evening will be a question about 1990’s VIDEO GAMES selected by ‘JOHN STAMOS’.
- January 25th, 2019 - Star Wars Trivia @ No. 3 Craft Brews & Beer Bar in Cape Coral, FL - We travel to a galaxy far, far away with Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge: Star Wars Edition. We’ll be asking questions from the entire universe of Star Wars, including MOVIES, BOOKS, TV SHOWS, CANON, LEGENDS, EXPANDED UNIVERSE, TOYS, MEMES, BEHIND THE SCENES and more!
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat's Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – David, Rachael, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Mo, Matthew, Nicole, Luc, Spencer, Hank, Dylan, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Brina, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Gil, Shaun, Lucas and Max
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Manu, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you'd like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click "Support."