Quizmasters Lee and Marc are joined by Dallas and Elyse to share their favorite trivia questions of the week and to debate the merits of scoring answers on a curve.
- FAMOUS PORNO FLICKS - Which 2007 campy porn spoof of James Bond starred Stormy Daniels, Eva Angelina, and Ron Jeremy, and is among the highest budget adult films of all time?
- OLYMPICS - In what year did the U.S. boycott the Olympics?
- MEDICAL TERMS - What does a hemotachometer measure?
- DEBUT ALBUMS - What artist had a debut album called ‘Songs in A Minor’?
- TELEVISION - Dean Cain and Terri Hatcher starred in what television series from 1993-1997 which is described as being a 1990’s take on a particular superhero?
- LITERATURE - In what novel do characters use ‘Doublespeak’?
- MOVIE QUOTES - "Do You Think God Stays In Heaven Because He Too Lives In Fear Of What He's Created?" is a line of dialogue spoken by Steve Buscemi in what 2002 movie?
- It was Rita Haworth’s photo on the poster in The Shawshank Redemption, not Betty Grable. - submitted by Katie
- GEOGRAPHY - Before being renamed by a joint resolution of congress in 1947, the Hoover Dam was originally named after what nearby canyon?
- CURRENT EVENTS - Whitesboro, a village that made news for its seal, that seems to depict a white man choking a Native American, is located in which state?
- SHIPWRECKS - What freighter sank in the Canadain waters of Lake Superior on November 10, 1975, due to a severe storm, killing all 29 of its crew members and remains the largest ship to have sunk in the great lakes, and was memorialized in a 1976 ballad that hit No. 2 on the Billboard charts?
- FRENCH - What two U.S. state capitals have names that are French descriptors?
- FOOD - What is the category of taste in food that corresponds to the flavor of glutamates, especially monosodium glutamate?
- ANIMALS - Lagomorpha is an order of mammals that includes pikas and what other kind of animal?
Rate My Question
- C&C Music Factory used a model in place of the actual female vocalist on their songs like Milli Vanilli. The actual singer, Martha Walsh was deemed unmarketable because of her bigger size even thou she had a number one dance hit with her duo in 1982 with what song? - submitted by Dallas
- VOCABULARY - A kakistocracy is a state or society governed by whom?
- OPERA - Who composed the opera Rigoletto, which tells the story of a cursed jester and was based on a five-act play by Victor Hugo, which itself was banned for 50 years following its first performance?
- DISNEY - What member of the Rescue Rangers has an overpowering addiction to cheese?
- 90’s R&B - What are the first and last names of T-Boz and Chili from the 1990’s R&B group TLC?
- DIRECTORS - What composer and director, known for his mockumentary style films, holds hereditary British peerage, and has been married to a scream queen since 1984?
Weekly Wrap Up
- #256 - Palace Pub and Wine Bar - Mixed Nuts - 81 pts.
- #257 - No. 3 Craft Brews and Beer Bar - As You Wish - 107 pts.
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- January 6th, 2020 – Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge #258 @ Palace Pub and Wine Bar in Cape Coral, FL. It will be an all holiday themed trivia with free bottles of wine for our round winners. Categories for the quiz will include GEOGRAPHY, DINOSAURS, CLASSIC VIDEO GAMES, JAZZ MUSIC, ICE CREAM, LGBTQ+ HISTORY and more. The final wager question that evening will be a question about 80’s & 90’s SITCOMS selected by ‘FOSTER GRANT’. .
- January 9th, 2020 - Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge #259 @ No. 3 Craft Brews and Beer Bar in Cape Coral, FL. Categories for the quiz will include LANGUAGES, ARCHEOLOGY, COMPUTER SCIENCE, COMIC BOOKS, SEX TOYS, MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS and more. The final wager question that evening will be a question about HOCKEY selected by JJJ.
- January 25th, 2019 - Star Wars Trivia @ No. 3 Craft Brews & Beer Bar in Cape Coral, FL - We travel to a galaxy far, far away with Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge: Star Wars Edition. We’ll be asking questions from the entire universe of Star Wars, including MOVIES, BOOKS, TV SHOWS, CANON, LEGENDS, EXPANDED UNIVERSE, TOYS, MEMES, BEHIND THE SCENES and more!
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat's Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – David, Rachael, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Mo, Matthew, Nicole, Luc, Spencer, Hank, Dylan, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Brina, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Gil, Shaun, Lucas and Max
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Manu, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you'd like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click "Support."
- JFK Reloaded - Wikipedia
- The bizarre story of how a railroad worker survived an iron rod which went through his skull — A photo of Phineas Gage holding the tamping iron that went through his head (submitted by Ian)
- The Village of Whitesboro’s New Seal Is Still Racist
- The twogirlsscissoring's Podcast - Two Girl Scissoring: Teaser | Free Listening on Podbean App
- We Do Stuff Podcast – We do lots of stuff