Quizmasters Lee and Marc are joined by Luc and Andrew to ask, suss and answer each other’s favorite trivia questions of the week.
- MONDEGREENS - "Hey smilin’ strange / you're looking happily deranged" Purposefully left a mystery by songwriter Mark Mulcahy, what is the third line to the first verse of "Hey Sandy", the theme song of the 90's coming of age sitcom Pet and Pete, confirmed in a 2012 Reddit AMA by actor Danny Tamberelli, who played Little Pete Wrigley the show?
- ROCK LYRICS - The character Gollum from Lord of the Rings is referenced in what Led Zeppelin song?
- FRASIER - On Fraiser, what are the call letters of the fictional radio station that broadcasts Dr. Crane's show?
- MUPPETS - In the first season of Sesame Street, what color is Oscar the Grouch?
- LEXICON - What Latin phrase translates to "occasion of war", and describes an event used to justify war?
- AGRICULTURE - In what country is most of the world’s coffee produced?
Missed Corrections and KnowNotes
- Stephen Webster says : In episode 74, the question was asked "what 3 action movies did future state governors of California and Minnesota costar in” The final movie, Batman and Robin would be incorrect to me, based on the wording of the question. A cameo as a guard does not rise to the level of "costar" which could be misleading I would use the phrase "appeared in", just to be safe. This might be a nitpick, but if a team at my local trivia missed the question do to this phrasing, there definitely would be complaints.
- Rachael supports Marc, saying ‘Spy Kids 2’ as an answer is sufficient.
- Elyse wants us to know the lyric “Rita Hayworth gave good face” is from Vogue and not Express Yourself.
- Gil wants to clarify that Theo is from The Cosby Show, not The Facts of Life.
- One from me, the song that I couldn’t remember that sampled Sundown from the year 2000 is also called “Sundown” by Elwood.
- Quizdaddy Tim and asks “According to Billboard.com, Kenny G has become the 4th solo artist to have a top 40 hit on the Billboard charts in the 80's, 90's, 00's and 10's. He joined Madonna, Michael Jackson, and what other artist?”
- NBA - In what city were the NBA’s Grizzlies located in for six years before moving to Memphis?
- COLORS THAT END IN URPLE - What ancient Mediteranean civilization got its ancient Greek name from the purple cloth exported from the region?
- MUSIC ACCOLADES - What solo artist charted 126 billboard top 200 albums in their career?
- WHAT IS IT? The Phaeton, Curricle, Landau, and Brougham we're all popular types of what in the 19th Century?
- GEOGRAPHY - The Democratic Republic of the Congo was formerly known as what country?
- CHOCOLATE - In 1926, which chocolate company set the standard worldwide in the rich tradition of Belgian chocolate making?
Rate My Question
- MOVIES - In 2006, the movie 'A History of Violence' became the last major Hollywood film to do what? - submitted by Jon Lane
- SINGERS & TECHNOLOGY - What song, which was named after an eatery located under a NASA space lab, but is perhaps better known for being an exterior stand-in for a popular hangout on the sitcom Seinfeld, earned a singer the distinction of being named the “Mother of the MP3,” by audio enginners, as her warm vocals provided a control track for testing the effects of compression on the format’s encoding algorithms?
- MEDICAL TERMS - Syncope is the medical term for what?
- ALSO KNOWN AS - By what title is Arthur Wellesly otherwise known as?
Weekly Wrap Up
- #258 - Palace Pub and Wine Bar - The Burrowing Owls - 91 pts.
- #259 - No. 3 Craft Brews and Beer Bar - Team Blank - 64 pts.
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- January 13th, 2020 – Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge #258 @ Palace Pub and Wine Bar in Cape Coral, FL. It will be an all holiday themed trivia with free bottles of wine for our round winners. Categories for the quiz will include ANIMAL SONGS, MMA, DOGS, DUNGEONS & DRAGONS, SERIAL KILLERS, DISNEY and more. The final wager question that evening will be a question about COCKTAILS selected by THE MANDOLORIANS.
- January 16th, 2020 - Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge #259 @ No. 3 Craft Brews and Beer Bar in Cape Coral, FL. Categories for the quiz will include 1980’s MUSIC, COLLEGE SPORTS, GUY FIERI, THE OLYMPICS, SCREAM QUEENS, POPULAR SITCOMS and more. The final wager question that evening will be a question about DISNEY MOVIES selected by JVL.
- January 25th, 2019 - Star Wars Trivia @ No. 3 Craft Brews & Beer Bar in Cape Coral, FL - We travel to a galaxy far, far away with Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge: Star Wars Edition. We’ll be asking questions from the entire universe of Star Wars, including MOVIES, BOOKS, TV SHOWS, CANON, LEGENDS, EXPANDED UNIVERSE, TOYS, MEMES, BEHIND THE SCENES and more!
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat's Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – David, Rachael, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Mo, Matthew, Nicole, Luc, Spencer, Hank, Dylan, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Brina, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Gil, Shaun, Lucas and Max
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Manu, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you'd like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click "Support."
- let's go exploring! — Pit Boss Luc and Andrew join Marc and Rumplesnailtskin Mike C. in this post-hardcore music project from the early 2010's.
- (1) The Million Dollar Quartet, Elvis, Johhny Cash, Carl Perkins. Jerry Lee Lewis - YouTube — Lee is not a fan of this collaboration between Elvis, Johnny Cash, Carl Perkins, Jerry Lee Lewis
- Episode 96 - Lee Bretschneider — An interview with Lee on WGCU's Three Song Stories Podcast.