Quizmasters Lee and Marc are joined by longtime friend Skyler, a SWFL bartender and chef, to ask, suss, and answer their favorite trivia questions of the week. The trio tackle two Rate My Questions, and talk trivia scoring semantics.
- SEINFELD - On Seinfeld, what food item causes Elaine to lose her job at the J. Peterman Co.?
- SPORTS CURSES - The curse of what animal has plagued the Chicago Cubs since 1945 before winning the World Series?
- POPULAR FOODS - Like many other popular fermented foods around the world, which seed is popular in sweet dishes and deserts?
- BRITISH FOODS - What dish was listed Best Comfort Food in Britain by the BBC in 2009, narrowly beating out other traditional favorites such as fish and chips, and beans on toast?
- GEOGRAPHY - The island of Saipan is a commonwealth of which country?
- VIDEO GAMES - What was the name of the controversial sex mod for Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas that caused then U.S. Senator Hillary Clinton to call for new regulations on video games?
- ADVERTISING - What global retailer is associated with the late 1990’s slogan “chuck out your chintz?”
- CLASSIC COCKTAILS - Which classic cocktail is believed to be named after a 19th century hoax bearing the same name or after a now-defunct brand of sweet gin used to make it?
- SEINFELD - In season 9 of Seinfeld, George Costanza accuses a mechanic of stealing what brand of candy bar, after his was stuck in a vending machine?
- ARABIC - Al Qaeda, translated to English, means what?
- ARCTIC ANIMALS - Popular misconceptions about what kind of arctic rodent began in the 16th century when geographer Zeigler of Strasbourg popularized an Inuit folk theory that the creatures fell from the sky during stormy weather?
- QWERTY LAYOUT - On a standard English QWERTY keyboard, the ‘%’ sign is above what number?
Rate My Question
- “What was the first city in the world to ever be lit by atomic power?” - submitted by Spencer The Chef
- What medical experience is named after John Braxton Hicks, an English physician who first described them in 1872?
- ROCK LEGENDS - Jeffrey Allen Skunk Baxter, a consultant for the Pentagon and Department of Defense, formerly played guitar for what popular rock band (from 1972-1974)?
- POP CULTURE - In what year did Britney Spears shave her head?
- POP CULTURE - What is the name of the building that John Lennon was shot outside of?
- THE 90's - Capitalizing on their newfound popularity, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles with Master Splinter in tow embarked on a 1990 concert tour named what?
Weekly Wrap Up
- #258 - Palace Pub and Wine Bar - Trivia Newton John - 72 pts.
- #259 - No. 3 Craft Brews and Beer Bar - Foo Noku - 53 pts.
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- January 20th, 2020 – Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge #258 @ Palace Pub and Wine Bar in Cape Coral, FL.Free bottles of wine for our round winners. Categories for the quiz will include EUROPEAN CITIES, NASA MISSIONS, SAILOR MOON & DRAGONBALL Z, FROGS, THE OCEAN, 90’s CULT FILMS and more. The final wager question that evening will be a question about WINE TARIFFS selected by Big Anime Tiddies.
- January 23rd, 2020 - Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge #259 @ No. 3 Craft Brews and Beer Bar in Cape Coral, FL. Categories for the quiz will include CATS, GRAMMER, PUNK MUSIC, 1980’s CARTOONS, CHICAGO, BATMAN and more. The final wager question that evening will be a question about THE CIRCLE selected by CHICAGO BATMAN.
- January 25th, 2019 - Star Wars Trivia @ No. 3 Craft Brews & Beer Bar in Cape Coral, FL - We travel to a galaxy far, far away with Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge: Star Wars Edition. We’ll be asking questions from the entire universe of Star Wars, including MOVIES, BOOKS, TV SHOWS, CANON, LEGENDS, EXPANDED UNIVERSE, TOYS, MEMES, BEHIND THE SCENES and more!
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat's Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – David, Rachael, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Manu, Mo, Matthew, Nicole, Luc, Spencer, Hank, Dylan, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Brina, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Gil, Shaun, Lucas and Max
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you'd like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click "Support."
- Skyler Denison (@therewillbegrub) • Instagram photos and videos — Skyler's amazing IG account full of delicious food that he makes.
- The Universe of Discourse : The Bowdlerization of Dr. Dolittle — Blog post that contains excerpts of racist portrayals of a character named "Prince Bumpo", expurgated from modern editions of Dr. Dolittle.