Quizmasters Lee and Marc are joined by a husband-and-wife duo, artist Justin Peterson and Quizmaster Erin Sullivan, to ask and answer each other’s trivia questions, and talk about topics such as quiz scoring and phone usage. Quiz categories include Parasites, Baseball, Art History, Weezer, Famous Addresses, The War On Drugs, Musical Instruments, Medical History, Toy History, Movie Plot Details, Plains Indians, 90’s TV, Latin Riddles, Game of Thrones, U.S. History, Vocabulary, Pop Culture, Henry VIII Wives, Business and more!
- PARASITES - Ophiocordyceps unilateralis is a fungus that infects what insect?
- BASEBALL - What team never lost in the 1976 MLB postseason, and beat the Yankees in a quick, four-game World Series, outscoring them 22-8?
- ART HISTORY - Which portion of the in-progress Statue of Liberty was previewed at the 1888 World’s Fair in Paris?
- WEEZER - Weezer’s first gig was opening for Dogstar, at Raj’s Bar in Hollywood, CA, featuring what famous person on bass?
- FAMOUS ADDRESSES - 1407 Graymalkin Ln. is the address of what fictional school?
- THE WAR ON DRUGS - When declaring his War on Drugs, who did Richard Nixon refer to as “The Most Dangerous Man In America?”
- MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS - What stringed instrument, presumed to have been invented in the 11th century, produces sound by a hand crank-turned, rosined wheel rubbing against the strings, producing a sound that is sometimes compared to bagpipes?
- AFRICA MOVIE CONFUSION - In Episode 87, Lee got the casts of Congo and Outbreak confused (Dustin Hoffman, Morgan Freeman)
- Also from Episode 87, DURACELL was the Battery company with the Plastic People (not Energizer)
- Adele writes in with a local trivia recap for her team “Hot-N-Ready.”
- BOY MEETS WORLD - The actor who played “Feeny” on Boy Meets World previously played which other character, a historical person who would become president?
- BOY MEETS WORLD - Actor Alex Désert, who played Eli Williams on Boy Meets World, was a singer for what famous ska band which featured two singers?
- MEDICAL HISTORY - Misconceptions about which organ were promoted by 2nd Century Greek physician Galen, and went unchallenged for nearly a thousand years?
- TOY HISTORY - What toy was invented by engineer Lonnie Johnson, whose prototype consisted of (among other things) a soda bottle and acrylic glass?
- MOVIE PLOT DETAILS - The Jolly Green Giants, Crucial Taunt, and The Shitty Beatles shared the bill in 1992 at what heavy metal venue?
- MOVIE PLOT DETAILS - What was Linda Fiorientino’s character code-named at the end of Men In Black?
- PLAINS INDIANS - Once having an estimated population of 20,000-40,000 members, which teepee-dwelling warrior tribe were mostly found in Oklahoma, as well as parts of Texas, Colorado and New Mexico, and called themselves the Numunuu (meaning "human being" or "the people") but became better known by a neighboring tribe's word for "enemy" and "foreigner," which they called Mexicans?
- 90’s TV - On what 90’s TV show would you find the characters Steven Minkis, Eli Turner and Jonathan Williams?
Rate My Question: Palindrome Edition
- LATIN RIDDLES - The palindromic latin riddle igni which means we go in a circle at night and are consumed by fire has an answer that describes the behavior of what? GAME OF THRONES - “Deny me not; atone, my Ned,” is a palindrome reflecting the will of what notoriously brutal character, created by author George R.R. Martin?
- U.S. HISTORY - What two-word palindrome describes a type of object kept at Fort Knox?
- VOCABULARY - What two-word palindrome describes cats that are experiencing diminished cognition as a result of old age?
- POP CULTURE - “Now, dear Simon spots tops; no misread won.” is a palindrome that could at one point describe what televised talent competition?
- THE WIVES OF HENRY VIII - How many of King Henry VIII’s wives were named Catherine?
- BUSINESS - First opened in 1935, what store featured such innovations as air-conditioning, fluorescent lighting, electric-eye doors and terrazzo floors?
- TRAVEL - The original root of The Orient Express connected which two cities?
- WEEZER - Weezer frontman Rivers Cuomo once recorded a song with members of fellow 90’s alt-rock luminaries Cake and Soul Coughing for what 1998 Disney film?
Weekly Wrap Up
- #276 - No. 3 Craft Brews and Beer Bar - The Damones - 85 pts.
- #277 - Palace Pub and Wine Bar - Nein Juan Juan - 84 pts.
- #278 - No. 3 Craft Brews and Beer Bar - As You Wish - 79 pts.
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- March 9nd, 2020 – Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge #277 @ Palace Pub and Wine Bar in Cape Coral, FL. with free bottles of wine for our round winners. Categories for the quiz will include HIT MOVIES, CLASSIC CARTOONS, TV SHOW CREATORS, GREEK MYTHOLOGY, MARINE LIFE, and THE YEAR 1971 and more. The Meat Cottage will be on site serving up authentic German cuisine.
- March 12th Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge #278 @ No. 3 Craft Brews and Beer Bar in Cape Coral, FL. Categories for the quiz will include CLASSICAL MUSIC, DISNEY, POKÉMON, SITCOMS, VINTAGE GAME SHOWS, CLASSIC & MODERN LIT, ARCADE GAMES OF THE 1980’s and more.
- March 28th, 2020 - Get ready for Quizmania - Wrestling Trivia @ No. 3. We’ll be entering the world of the squared circle, covering all decades, eras and promotions, including the history of professional wrestling, the titles, controversies and catch phrases, famous finishers, tag teams, stables and families, behind the scenes, lost moves, goofs, wrestlecrap and more. It’s QUIZMANIA: The Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge: Pro-Wrestling Edition - March 28th 2020 at No 3 Craft Brews and Beer Bar in Cape Coral, also from 6-8pm.
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Dylan, Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat's Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – David, Rachael, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Manu, Mo, Matthew, Nicole, Luc, Hank, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Brina, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Gil, Shaun, Lucas and Max
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – We Do Stuff, Mike S.,Kenya, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you'd like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click "Support."