Quizmasters Lee and Marc get together to ask each other some specially-curated trivia questions for their Quizmaster counterpart. Lee details the difficulties in transitioning from hosting pub quizzes to quizstreaming (and playing) trivia under COVID-19 quarantine.
Categories for the quiz include Vocabulary, Retro Video Games, World History, Slogans, Exotic Cats, Hip Hop Records, Scientific Measurements, Psychology, Famous Authors, Literature, Artifacts, Sea Creatures, The Beatles, Animals, Top 40 Metal, U.S. History, Cult Movies and more!
- VOCABULARY - Billy Beane is best known for being a sabermetrician, which is someone who studies what?
- RETRO VIDEO GAMES - Computer space, the first commercially sold coin-operated video game, was featured in what 1973 sci-fi film?
- WORLD HISTORY - What country was known as New Holland until the mid 19th-century?
- SLOGANS - “Catch It. Bin It. Kill it.” is a public health campaign originally used to combat the spread of what virus in 2007?
- EXOTIC CATS - The hybrid offspring of a tiger and a lioness is called a what?
- HIP HOP RECORDS - According to a 2019 article by ThePudding.com, what Hip Hop artist had the largest vocabulary with 7,879 unique words used?
- “Blanka is the character from Street Fighter II, not Baraka.” - self-missed correction by Marc
- SCIENTIFIC MEASUREMENTS - An earthquake that measures eight on the Richter scale is how many times stronger than one that measures four on the same scale?
- PSYCHOLOGY & LITERATURE - Lilliputian hallucinations, where objects appear smaller than normal, derive their name from which 1726 novel by Jonathan Swift?
- FAMOUS AUTHORS - Selling more than 2,000 copies in its first day in publication, more than any other non-fiction book, “Living History” is the memoir of whom?
- ARTIFACTS - Which influential scientist's middle finger sits inside a glass egg in the Florence History of Science Museum?
- SEA CREATURES - What species of shark is known as the garbage eater, due to a variety of inedible man-made objects that often linger in its stomach, and is second only to the Great White Shark in fatal attacks on humans?
- THE BEATLES - In 1981, which member of The Beatles had the highest performing single on the Billboard Hot 100?
Rate My Question
- ANIMALS - Able to run over 35 miles per hour (56 kph) and needing to drink water only once every 2-4 days, the aptly named Camelopardalis is more commonly known as what? - submitted by Erik
- TOP 40 METAL - What single, co-written by Lemmy Kilmiester and Zakk Wylde is Ozzy Osbourne's only solo Top 40 single on the Billboard Hot 100 chart, peaking at number 28 in 1992? - submitted by Quizdaddy Dylan
- U.S. HISTORY - What former US Vice President served under both Thomas Jefferson and James Madison before dying in office? He is the only person who has ever been a VP under two different presidents. - submitted by Paul
- CULT FILMS - Brad and Janet are contestants on a reality television show called Marriage Maze in what cult dark comedy musical film released in 1981?
- SPACE JAM - What five things does Stan mention (played Michael Knight) when getting Michael ready to go, that double as promotion for products that Michael was a spokesperson for at the time?
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- April 6th, 2020 – Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge - Live on Twitch 7pm - 9pm
- April 9th, 2020 - Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge - Live on Twitch 7pm - 9pm
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Dylan, Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat's Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Gil, David, Rachael, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Manu, Mo, Matthew, Nicole, Luc, Hank, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Shaun, Lucas and Max
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Allison, Paige, We Do Stuff, Mike S. ,Kenya, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you'd like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click "Support."