Quizmasters Lee and Marc get together to ask each other some specially-curated trivia questions for their Quizmaster counterpart, and further discuss the transition of moving their pub trivia online.
Categories for the quiz include Movies, Sports, Music, Collective Nouns, Vocabulary, 80’s Music, Inventions, Astronomy, Banned Video Games, Stranger Things, U.S. History, Animals, Snakes, and more!
- MOVIES - What 2015 film is subtitled “a New England folktale”?
- SPORTS - In cross-country bike racing, what do the initials BMX represent?
- MUSIC - John Prine’s Grammy-award winning album The Missing Years, was produced by Howie Eppstein, who was a member of which famous backing band, known for albums such as Long After Dark, Hard Promises, and You’re Gonna Get It?
- COLLECTIVE NOUNS - What is the collective noun for a group of Cobra, which shares its name with an object used in a Summer Olympic Sport?
- VOCABULARY - What kind of technology, often used in video game controllers and cell phones, gets its name from the Greek word for tactile, pertaining to the sense of touch?
- 80’s MUSIC - Which singer-songwriter’s raspy voice has been compared to Rod Stewart and was featured on the 1981 hit “Bette Davis Eyes”?
- ”You guys mentioned how cool it would be to breed a liger and a tigon. While it would, hybrid animals like them and donkeys are completely sterile from birth and never able to produce further offspring.+ - submitted by Paul O.
- “Two men have served as vice president under more than one President.” - /u/TorgoEntertainment
- INVENTIONS - As seen in movies such as The Dark Crystal and Prometheus, an orrery is a mechanical model of what?
- ASTRONOMY - Io, the most volcanically-active body in the solar system, is a moon of which planet?
- BANNED VIDEO GAMES - Citing “extreme violence and extreme cruelty” is illegal to possess or import a copy of what 2006 video game, based on a film directed by Quentin Tarantino?
- STRANGER THINGS - In the series Stranger Things, what is Eleven’s real first name?
- U.S. HISTORY - Which two U.S. Presidents had children that married each other in December of 1968, just a year before the bride’s father took office?
- INVENTIONS - Originally invented in the 1800’s and even mentioned in H.G. Wells’s The Sleeper Awakes and Mark Twain’s article A New Beacher Church, what was modernized and rebranded “The Passion Pit” in the 1970’s?
Rate My Question
- “Arctic, Atlantic, Indian, and Pacific. Name the fifth and please be specific.” - submitted by Paul O
- ANIMALS - What is the only mammal with an odd number of nipples?
- SNAKES - Aspidelaps lubricus, otherwise known as the Cape Coral Snake, can be found commonly in which country?
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- April 13th, 2020 – Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge - Live on Twitch 7pm - 9pm
- April 16th, 2020 - Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge - Live on Twitch 7pm - 9pm
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Dylan, Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat's Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Gil, David, Rachael, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Manu, Mo, Matthew, Nicole, Luc, Hank, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Shaun, Lucas and Max
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Allison, Paige, We Do Stuff, Mike S. ,Kenya, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you'd like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click "Support."
- knownonsensetrivia - Twitch — Trivia with Lee on Mondays and Thursdays, 7pm EST
- (1) Nice Guy's Pizza Virtual Trivia! — Marc's wednesday night virtual trivia, 8pm
- Launch Meeting - Zoom — Marc's wednesday night virtual trivia, 8pm
- Kevin Bacon and his wife Kyra Sedgwick sing 'In Spite of Ourselves' by John Prine - YouTube
- John Prine’s first review: When Roger Ebert discovered the singer in 1970 - Chicago Sun-Times
- The science behind those fire-ant rafts
- Jewel and Jessica Simpson - Who will save your soul... - YouTube — A strange "Jewel-off" between Jessica Simpson and the OG
- Jewel Gets Schooled By Kurt Loder | MTV — The awkward moment Marc mentions